New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle)

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
My opinion is that you can hid a full size spare tire under there, that is why there is such a massive plastic cover in the rear.

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) 1700941514939

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) 1700941566710

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) 1700941663503
Sponsored

almostakeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 silverado
Country flag
I saw a similar inquiry about that area on X. After the first 30 unrelated memes of nothing related to the post most folks were saying it was a storage area from the bed access.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I saw a similar inquiry about that area on X. After the first 30 unrelated memes of nothing related to the post most folks were saying it was a storage area from the bed access.
as this photo shows, it is not that

My opinion is that you can hid a full size spare tire under there, that is why there is such a massive plastic cover in the rear.

1700941514939.png

1700941566710.png

1700941663503.png
There is far from enough room for a spare

But, aside from having an aero function,it will almost certainly store an accessory

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
These two pictures don't correlate to me. The two 'ram rods' look even with the bumper to me in the top photo but are not there in the bottom photo.

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) o5voDLE

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
These two pictures don't correlate to me. The two 'ram rods' look even with the bumper to me in the top photo but are not there in the bottom photo.

o5voDLE.jpg
The first photo is of an alpha/beta prototype

those frame mounts L-shape up to the bumper somewhere. You can make our the upward bend in the below photo - almost like tabs that drop down from within the bumper proper area

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) 1FFD1706-8398-4D59-91A5-FF96165FA2FB

in the below photo of an RC, with bumper and lower fascia removed, you can see what appears to be the frame/casting rails the above tabs probably drop from (if still on RCs)

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) 1700969989943

But all that space below is a void, at least unless/until something more is fitted with him

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The first photo is of an alpha/beta prototype

those frame mounts L-shape up to the bumper somewhere. You can make our the upward bend in the below photo - almost like tabs that drop down from within the bumper proper area

1FFD1706-8398-4D59-91A5-FF96165FA2FB.jpeg

in the below photo of an RC, with bumper and lower fascia removed, you can see what appears to be the frame/casting rails the above tabs probably drop from (if still on RCs)

1700969989943.png

But all that space below is a void, at least unless/until something more is fitted with him
You can see the two rails that do to the back from the rear cast here.

Tesla Cybertruck New look at what's underneath the Cyber Diaper (Departure Angle) Rear Cast2

Note it appears the cast wings are a separate cast to the base frame. The rear motor bolts under the cast cross member, and the motor outer shell, which is also cast, forms further bracing of the rear area. Then to the front (the bottom end of the photo) is where the air bottle and vault cover roll is mounted. To the rear that whole arch is fairly clear, except for the motor hanging underneath.

Although it looks like a spare might fit in that area, I still think it is not big enough for a 35" between the bumper and motor, seeing the placement of the drive axels to the center of the wheels.

I'm hoping those two rails lead closer to the rear of that rear plastic so that rear luggage/wheel carriers can be attached without taking up the hitch. Some off-road rear tow hooks like on the front would be good.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Hope to see some fancy aero enhanced bull bars that match the aesthetic of the CT, if any machinist find themselves bored, cough.
Sponsored