Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Latest wheel design closeup. Looks like this one's in high suspension height.

IMG_4874.JPG
Tyre Shops are soooooo NOT gonna love fitting these tyres(!)
New meaning to 'Wheel Alignment'
Sponsored

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
I hate to be that guy and mention panel gaps, but I really hope that rear door is about to open or left slightly ajar, because that looks pretty big doesn't it?
Probably the door is a bit open. But then it also doesn’t quite align with the front door, and the bottom of the front door seems a bit misaligned with the top, and the front fender is showing pretty big gaps at the top.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Could they be still testing a couple of finishing methods? Maybe they are testing the finish from a couple of different methods or compounds. Pretty late in the game for that. maybe these all had finish problems so they require more finishing. But, since they still need testers, these be they.
Or, it’s not too late in game for that…

Afterall, they’re only in the last few weeks starting to do this with production tooling

Still assembled largely by hand, but now with some production tooling (incrementally more)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Those wheels are bad-ass. Really suit the vibe of the vehicle.
really like these wheels, too

however, this ring system for the aero covers is going to give that wheel finish some hell

I suspect that whomever likes these wheels, is going to want to remove the aero covers and attachment rings upon delivery - or else in no time those attachment rings are going to leave a rash

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Nice rugged wheels.đź‘Ť

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
really like these wheels, too

however, this ring system for the aero covers is going to give that wheel finish some hell

I suspect that whomever likes these wheels, is going to want to remove the aero covers and attachment rings upon delivery - or else in no time those attachment rings are going to leave a rash
Yeah, I hate covers of all kinds. Hopefully they are a factory delete.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably the door is a bit open. But then it also doesn’t quite align with the front door, and the bottom of the front door seems a bit misaligned with the top, and the front fender is showing pretty big gaps at the top.
the window is open, so the door may be slightly ajar

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
These wheels would probably look Ok, and to be fair they are a little dusty and not in a product photo setting. These are a seven spoke design, but I tend to like wheels that are five or six spoke styles:

Tesla Cybertruck Closeup look at new wheels & body panels on release candidate Cybertruck CyberHexWheels-000

But I hadn't even realized that the original CT wheel covers were also a seven spoke design:

Tesla Cybertruck Closeup look at new wheels & body panels on release candidate Cybertruck CyberHexWheels-00

Still my current favorites are the CyberHex ones by Unplugged Performance that currently can be reserved, and were also previously posted by Mike of CyberOwners.com :

Tesla Cybertruck Closeup look at new wheels & body panels on release candidate Cybertruck CyberHexWheels-02

Tesla Cybertruck Closeup look at new wheels & body panels on release candidate Cybertruck CyberHexWheels-01

I'm sure there could probably be more variants but I like these the most so far.

- ÆCIII

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
These wheels would probably look Ok, and to be fair they are a little dusty and not in a product photo setting. These are a seven spoke design, but I tend to like wheels that are five or six spoke styles:

CyberHexWheels-000.png

But I hadn't even realized that the original CT wheel covers were also a seven spoke design:

CyberHexWheels-00.png

Still my current favorites are the CyberHex ones by Unplugged Performance that currently can be reserved, and were also previously posted by Mike of CyberOwners.com :

CyberHexWheels-02.png

CyberHexWheels-01.png

I'm sure there could probably be more variants but I like these the most so far.

- ÆCIII
I like those hex wheels just not the size of the tyres. Much to large for an EV.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The stainless steel ground reflection is nice and unique on a vehicle level
my wife expressed concern about SS finish :) .. Is it gonna be first gen SS applaences kind of finish where just looking at surface left prints EVERYWHERE or are they gonna use latest SS finish fingerprint resistant surface technologies?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I like those hex wheels just not the size of the tyres. Much to large for an EV.
they’s some big tires

Ought to help a little that they’re on 20s instead of the Raptor’s 18s?

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

CyberHexWheels-000.png

CyberHexWheels-00.png

CyberHexWheels-02.png

CyberHexWheels-01.png

- ÆCIII
Australia's end of the Monaro saw the HX 'Limited Edition' ( Not badged Monaro ) that was built with wheels like these in '76. Only 580 units were built in Sydney.
Maybe this is 'Back To The Future'

Edit: Honeycomb is BACK! SWEEEEET!

Last edited:

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
Could be a "Touch here and get burnt" warning :ROFLMAO:
Leaving it parked in the August sun is going to make it theft-proof. The steel is going to heat to searing hot levels
Sponsored