Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
There was no wound before yesterday.

And it was never free lifetime Supercharging, it's only 1 year.
Something is better than nothing and until people pick up their vehicles, we're not sure that it really is nothing.
Who knows if they will do anything else? We certainly didn't know that they would do this. I personally was already discounting the $4k offer because I doubted I would fit.
Gosh, do we really need to go round in circles. I never said lifetime was offered. I said I understand your point of view. I FEEL like if you offer something why not make one that feels like a win instead of loss.

This is just mine opinion. It is okay you have one and I have one.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Gosh, do we really need to go round in circles. I never said lifetime was offered. I said I understand your point of view. I FEEL like if you offer something why not make one that feels like a win instead of loss.

This is just mine opinion. It is okay you have one and I have one.
I know that you didn't say that Lifetime Supercharging was included, but in your last two comparisons, you were saying Lifetime. I just wanted to make sure.

And to make sure that those reading the thread don't get confused.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Up to 4k"

The value varies. To some of the early Model S with lifetime, it's in valuable. To those that live in condos or apartments? Maybe $600/yr. To an average homeowner, maybe <$100.

But it is money that wasn't guaranteed to you, in a number of installations, it may have only cost $150, especially if you have Tesla solar and Powerwalls.

But I didn't hear anyone complaining about it before, when they signed the order agreement! Didn't you read it? I assume that you accepted it.

To assume that you were getting $4,000 when it clearly stated up to $4,000....

The alternative is that they offered you $0. That's well within the contract that you signed.
I was more worried it would cost me l lot more than the $4k considering what electricians capable of doing more than install an outlet charge around here.

rbalkun

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I so love this. All these posters had no issues yesterday morning. But when it was found out that Tesla was offering free Supercharging for those whom they weren't going to be able to install Powershare for, (Which has a disclaimer that they may not be able to) all the sudden everybody is irate.

Folks, look at the details of what you signed. The previous indication was that either they could do it or you would get NOTHING. Tesla has been generous enough to offer something.

And no, not everyone is suitable for Powershare. I doubt if I am. The truck just isn't going to be able to power a 400A panel. And it probably can't do a 200A panel.
This "powering the home" stuff comes with a LOT of caveats. That's why I laugh when I see the promises that Ford makes with the Lightning.
I feel like most homes have a 200 amp panel nowadays

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Does that mean they don't give you the home charger, or that they don't give you the gateway hardware?

Not receiving that hardware further dilutes the value.
I dont know what tesla intends to do to compensate but they are only allowing authorized installers to connect and commission them

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I feel like most homes have a 200 amp panel nowadays
Lots of kind of larger homes are moving to 400k panels now.
More and more electrical items are being used in homes these days. And with a move away from gas powered, the load only gets higher.
And of course home are also getting bigger as well.

First Name
Kamy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I ordered my Cyberbeast 2 days ago and have still not received the Powershare Survey. When will I receive it?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I ordered my Cyberbeast 2 days ago and have still not received the Powershare Survey. When will I receive it?
For some it was a month, for others a week. Just chill. it comes from a different department.

hokietima

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, ACURA MDX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are there any actual technical details/specs on the Powershare equipment and installation requirements.? Google searches just provide dozens articles that essentially just say this -"Powershare lets you power your home with your vehicle, but currently only the Cybertruck is capable."

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Are there any actual technical details/specs on the Powershare equipment and installation requirements.? Google searches just provide dozens articles that essentially just say this -"Powershare lets you power your home with your vehicle, but currently only the Cybertruck is capable."
There's a little at Powershare | Tesla

But the basics are. Powering your entire home won't work for many homes. If you've got central A/C, unless you have a small house, odds are you aren't going to power your whole home.

Take a look at the Generac generators, they tend to have some better explanations, but on homes where it doesn't work, you can separate off some circuits to another panel that is powered by the truck, you just can't get everything.

I think that we are all waiting for more details

Reactions: REM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
I so love this. All these posters had no issues yesterday morning. But when it was found out that Tesla was offering free Supercharging for those whom they weren't going to be able to install Powershare for, (Which has a disclaimer that they may not be able to) all the sudden everybody is irate.

Folks, look at the details of what you signed. The previous indication was that either they could do it or you would get NOTHING. Tesla has been generous enough to offer something.

And no, not everyone is suitable for Powershare. I doubt if I am. The truck just isn't going to be able to power a 400A panel. And it probably can't do a 200A panel.
This "powering the home" stuff comes with a LOT of caveats. That's why I laugh when I see the promises that Ford makes with the Lightning.
My issue with the powershare denial is that the email stated "...you are not eligible for installation as additional approvals are needed for your property.". To me, this means that they are denying me only because approvals are needed and not that my place is not compatible. That doesn't seem fair.

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
My issue with the powershare denial is that the email stated "...you are not eligible for installation as additional approvals are needed for your property.". To me, this means that they are denying me only because approvals are needed and not that my place is not compatible. That doesn't seem fair.
You should be happy about this. You get to pay a ton of money for a few hundred $ of super charging. That’s a great feature

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I don't know the specifics, but sometime "additional approvals" can be a PITA.
Since that isn't the generic not eligible letter, I'd tend to assume that maybe there is something too hard or takes months.

But before we pass judgement, why not give them a little time and let reality appear as opposed to the probably incorrect rumor mill?
Sponsored