OP
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
One additional note, I got a text message letting me know that I needed to fill out the California DMV Paperwork and they are overnighting it to me for signatures. I thought everything was done via the app (first Tesla purchase).

Without the paperwork being signed and me driving off the lot, do I actually own the vehicle? I pushed pay in the app and they have their money. None of the paperwork/documentation/ordering docs are in my Tesla app.

Maybe I don’t own the vehicle yet.

Last edited:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I do wonder now what happens in the future when folks buy a used one that is wrapped. I`d just assume that there are a bunch of scratches and scuffs under the wrap.
I think the expectation of a used CT has to be the same of any other vehicle, wrapped or not. If I bought something that was 5 years old I wouldn’t have an expectation that the paint it in great condition. You’d expect normal wear and tear. Now would that be every five year old vehicle, of course not. If the truck was wrapped and removing it revealed some minor scratches on one of the panels, it shouldn’t be that distressing considering the rest of the truck’s surfaces had been protected by the wrap for five years.

Last edited:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
One additional note, I got a text message letting me know that I needed to fill out the California DMV Paperwork and they are overnighting it to me for signatures. I thought everything was done via the app (first Tesla purchase).

Without the paperwork being signed and me driving off the lot, do I actually own the vehicle? I pushed pay in the app and they have their money.
In my experience the DMV paperwork was signed during and was part of the delivery process. Sounds like the associate working with you just missed it. As far as ownership goes in this situation, I have no idea. I’m assuming it’s similar to when dealerships used to let people leave with the cars and return a day or two later to complete the transaction.

Hopefully something can be done about the swirl marks though. Keep us posted. I agree that’s unacceptable when it isn’t anywhere else.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I was able to pick up my Cybertruck yesterday and when I got it home under the motion light in my driveway, I noticed one portion of the panel reflected the light differently. When I looked close it appears like some sort of sander was taken to the panel.

Thoughts?

Any chance that is residue of some kind, almost looks like dried watermarks.

Easy to test with some BKF or even a towel and some water.

Tesla Cybertruck Noticed sanding swirls & scratches on my newly delivered Cybertruck zimage7516

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Definitely make a service call for them to fix it. I understand we love this truck so much but fuck it we gotta hold these del centers accountable for these bullshit deliveries, their job is easy af. This is a 100k truck! I want to be the one to scratch this shit up!

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
You guys talk about using BKF to clean your truck like it is easy. If it is anything like hand waxing used to be, that is way too much and boring work for me. Since I’ve got a bunch of miles on my arms and body, I have no interest in hand polishing a brand new vehicle because it was messed up at the factory or store before I picked it up.

One of the hardest things to do when buying a vehicle is to look it over before you buy it new or used and actually see all the blemishes. Seems like you never see any blemishes until you get it home and wash it. Must be where the term “Rose colored glasses” came from!

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Any chance that is residue of some kind, almost looks like dried watermarks.

Easy to test with some BKF or even a towel and some water.

zimage7516.png
That's an oops <insert_delivery_qc_rep> hope <insert_owner> doesn't notice my f up.

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
I have Barkeepers Friend. Should I make a service appointment? Do you think Tesla would fix it?
BKF will not fix that. I would definitely *imediately* schedule a service ticket to fix. The longer you wait the more chance they will try to say it happened after delivery.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Very disconcerting. Let’s hope your local SC can repair the panel to your satisfaction. Please keep us updated.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I was able to pick up my Cybertruck yesterday and when I got it home under the motion light in my driveway, I noticed one portion of the panel reflected the light differently. When I looked close it appears like some sort of sander was taken to the panel.

Thoughts?

ANY chance you could maybe make a tiny mark on the panel side or something so you can tell if they repair the panel or replace it? Be interesting to see if they can get it back within spec after that kind of damage.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
The good news is that when you get yours, you can have a child with a $50 random orbit sander give your truck that same look! :D
Yeah, you have to ignore that guy. He loves to come in to every thread about a real problem that a real owner has and assert it's not a problem. I'm not convinced he would fault tesla if they delivered a CT that was literally on fire at the time of delivery.