CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco SAS Badlands
Country flag
So,I understand ….if you went with the PowerShare offer,Tesla pays up to 4000k of your quote?
Only with the Beast, I’m AWD. I wonder if this quote is close to 4k for that reason. Worth a call.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Only with the Beast, I’m AWD. I wonder if this quote is close to 4k for that reason. Worth a call.
Hard to know if it's close to 4k because of that or if it's the general EV tax.

Ask for a nema 14-50 outlet to be installed, quote is $500. Ask for a tesla wall charger to be installed, quote is $2000. They assume anyone with an EV must be rich and willing to pay whatever the cost is for the work.

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
If you're remotely DIY inclined, you should be able to install a wall charger or UWC in a couple of hours with about $150 in home depot gear. More time and money if it has a complex or long run, sure, but a thousand is ridiculous.

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
Got my proposal last night. I can't say I'm surprised, but I also don't know what to do. We don't have a lot of power outages in my area. Gotta spend 4k to own the 2400 in equipment.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.19.13 AM.png
Same ballpark as the quote I got here in FL.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Probably need to wait for more installers to get certified.

Ah, the hidden costs of early adoption.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
My quote for installing PowerShare 3v and wall charger is extremely high. Mounting both within 5 feet of the subpanel I want to backup was initially almost 7 thousand dollars. That subpanel currently has only 2 circuits , one a/c system and one 15 amp light circuit. I was able to work with the approved installer and did get the quote down to just under 4k. Very dissatisfied.

Anyone else feeling ripped off after analyzing value of FSD, PowerShare, and other small items prior to dropping the 20k for Founders edition? What will Tesla provide to compensate if I choose not pay this unreasonable price for install?

IMG_1822.jpeg
Did you look at an option for a more manual backup solution.
Could you simply input the power from the CT into your Enphase system controller? It would not be done automatically but likely could be done for a fraction of the cost and still be able to utilize your 123kwh battery in your truck.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
My quote came back around $3400 in Florida. My setup is as simple as it gets. I dont think it’s worth it. You can much more cheaply set up the charger to back feed your house. Not automatic and not as much power but waaaaay cheaper and will do in a pinch if I lose power.
I agree this is a total RIP OFF, however after spending $110K with taxes on a giant battery with wheels, it seems stupid to cripple this key feature by not spending another $3k. It will cost ~1K to DIY anyway and the extra $2k seems worth it for the integration and extra KWs... so I will be in "suck it up and forget about it" mode when my quote comes in.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you're remotely DIY inclined, you should be able to install a wall charger or UWC in a couple of hours with about $150 in home depot gear. More time and money if it has a complex or long run, sure, but a thousand is ridiculous.
If you want home backup you need a transfer switch. $150 barely covers the wire. In 2018 when I bought 6/3 wire it was $2-3/ft now it's $8/ft. 50/60amp breaker is $25 or more. I get your point but your estimate is in 1990 dollars.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
My quote for installing PowerShare 3v and wall charger is extremely high. Mounting both within 5 feet of the subpanel I want to backup was initially almost 7 thousand dollars. That subpanel currently has only 2 circuits , one a/c system and one 15 amp light circuit. I was able to work with the approved installer and did get the quote down to just under 4k. Very dissatisfied.

Anyone else feeling ripped off after analyzing value of FSD, PowerShare, and other small items prior to dropping the 20k for Founders edition? What will Tesla provide to compensate if I choose not pay this unreasonable price for install?

IMG_1822.jpeg
Still waiting for a VIN on my 1/17 AWD order in AZ, I got an email from Tesla a few weeks ago about the PowerShare and the company they would contact me (Car Charging Pros). Left some messages and finally someone called me back yesterday.
They said someone from Phoenix would contact me. He did say the average install is $2,500-5k, I told him I have solar (owned) a wall connector and the distribution box is directly on the other side of the garage wall. I upgraded it myself when I got a Tesla from my old plug in hybrid. The wire length was only 4ft and larger breaker and the cost was about $50 from Home Depot.

He said a lot of the cost was permits, engineering, and programming the V3 Gateway.
Just seems way over inflated, we'll see when I get mt quote.

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
If you want home backup you need a transfer switch. $150 barely covers the wire. In 2018 when I bought 6/3 wire it was $2-3/ft now it's $8/ft. 50/60amp breaker is $25 or more. I get your point but your estimate is in 1990 dollars.
I said wall charger. And I know because I did this last weekend for $120 for a short 8 foot run including conduit and new breaker.

OP
OP

Dcwittenborn

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x p90d, model y perf, Cybertruck
Occupation
Restaurant
Country flag
Sadly I think that Tesla is being very cautious with installs. Hoping to avoid fires caused by improper installation. This seems to have allowed their certified installers to feel like they have a license to STEAL! I’m disgusted by the whole thing. I calculated the value of of this as I was deciding whether to pay the 20k xtra. Feeling totally ripped off at this point. And just for the record, I am a TSLA shareholder with several thousand shares. So I’m not shooting at Tesla blindly here. Elon needs to make this right.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I said wall charger. And I know because I did this last weekend for $120 for a short 8 foot run including conduit and new breaker.
Ok cool wasn’t sure you realized this thread is about PowerShare and just wanted to point out your solution is only charging.
Sponsored