CyberDuCrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri/Quad Motor Pending
Country flag
Amazing analysis!!!

One feature that I did want was the ability for the rear seat backs to recline, so hopefully that will be there. I noticed during my one week rental with a Lightning that despite how impressively spacious the cabin is, especially in the rear seats - it would be even more comfortable if the second row could recline.
The ability to recline is definitely a big plus. My current 2010 Tundra crewmax rear seats are able to recline, but as previously mentioned you do lose a little bit of leg room. Something I would definitely sacrifice for the extra comfort. The newer Tundra went the F-150 direction and made their rear seat non reclinable. My 2 friends who bought the newer 2022 and 2023 tundras both commented how much more comfortable the reclinable feature of the older tundra is vs nonreclinable. Big plus for longer trips for the back passengers (usually kids), especially while towing a 31’ RV. Can’t wait for my CT but will still keep the 160k+ mile tundra when I get the CT. Towing range is my main concern.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Amazing analysis. Weirdly I am fine with whatever they have come up with. We can be sure that a team of great minds has been finding the balance between structure, cost, and function.

Looking at the horizontal shelf/rail, I wonder how much input the special accessory product group has had on that and the details in the bed in general. It is not uncommon for trucks to have notches that accept 2X that elevate parts of the load, but this looks much much more detailed and geared towards the pop tent camping solution. The SAPG will have a huge lead on the 3rd party guys.

I wish Tesla would open up the dimensions and specs to 3rd parties. 3rd parties would fill the needs of many niche groups. Tesla is going for huge volumes and margins of a compromised solution. I am sure is will be great for the 80% use case but.. I don't want Tesla everything everywhere.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Without a clear benefit, it's hard to tell.
I’d want it for increased airflow on nice days (tonneau stored). For years been jealous of Toyota’s rear window.

But agree that the rear window is so small, and tonneau design such that, it’s otherwise a not very useful feature.

Maybe a touch more useful (only a touch) is there isn’t forced air in vault.
There are people that want to sleep back there when traveling/camping so it could provide a way for the HVAC to be passed through.

When I traveled a little solo in my X on a road trip about 1 in 4 days I'd stay at a campground and it sure was nice controlling the environments temp via the Tesla phone app while sleeping in the back.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
There are people that want to sleep back there when traveling/camping so it could provide a way for the HVAC to be passed through.
I don’t think this will be true often, once people come to terms with the dimensions of the bed.

Tesla already knows this

Scott Beall

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Grand Cherokee (dd), 1966 Mustang, 1967 Corv
Country flag
Chickens in the CT bed would violate our new "free range chicken" laws.....
Which begs the question: "What is the range of a chicken?"

If we know how many chickens will fit inside a Cybertruck, we can easily calculate the CT range. CT Range = CT Chicken Volume / Chicken Range.

Granted, determining the volume of a chicken would require Bernoulli's method and would result in a pissed-off chicken. But it's in the furtherance of science.

Bill W.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model-X
Country flag
To the OP: very nicely done!

One side benefit of the rear glass angled in such a way is that it should minimize the night time reflections of the dashboard screen. This can be a real PITA in some pickup trucks. Then again, I think the inside rear view mirror will be a camera feed, so it may not matter.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

If we know how many chickens will fit inside a Cybertruck, we can easily calculate the CT range. CT Range = CT Chicken Volume / Chicken Range.

Granted, determining the volume of a chicken would require Bernoulli's method and would result in a pissed-off chicken. But it's in the furtherance of science.
Are we assuming a spherical chicken? With frictionless feathers? 🤔

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
One side benefit of the rear glass angled in such a way is that it should minimize the night time reflections of the dashboard screen. This can be a real PITA in some pickup trucks.
great point! Especially the more the dashboard screens get larger

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
300mi, 500mi, level road, uphill, downhill, temps, headwinds, tail winds, road surface, weather, ...

Depends on the range of the Cybertruck it (the chicken) is riding in.

Last edited:

PES_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CMAX hybrid, Camry hybrid,
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
That could come in handy during the zombie apocalypse

... unless they put some lame safety switch in like they do with power windows. 🫤
The simplest safety switch would be to require the rear window to be closed before operating the tonneau cover. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
thanks, man.

my 3yo had surgery on Wednesday, requiring me to be home watching cartoons on the couch with him all week.

It was this or Instagram. Choose your time-suck
That's not fun. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything went well and he is on the mend. Don't take it to hard, these are the moments that are challenging, but also become meaningful later on for both of you. Perseverance is key, together with a positive attitude, because with that hope is new every day. :)

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
*taps shoukder* @Throwcomputer - moving from another thread to this

The slanting rear window evidenced (best I can tell) by the reflections in the window. It’s better seen in the video, moving, from the investor day presentations.

But a window perpendicular to the ground wouldn’t “bend” upwards the above gear rail on the inner bedside (it would appear straight), nor in straight-on views from the back be reflecting the bed floor (it would reflect the cameraman)

not betting my first born on it, but would bet my favorite pillow

curious your thoughts
Sponsored