SD2012

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 AWD
Country flag
1. Mount for snow plow (I don't plow but I know many who do - this truck is perfect for it.)

2. flat-mount winch INSIDE the vault (ramp tailgate is awesome, would be even better to be able to pull heavy cargo up the ramp into the vault)

3. "Tak Pack" - Given the flat windshield, a projector HUD would be great. IF infared/thermal cam could be synched with a low light cam and have this projected thru the HUD, you could have FLir-type visibility in low light or inclement weather - great safety addition.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
1. Mount for snow plow (I don't plow but I know many who do - this truck is perfect for it.)

2. flat-mount winch INSIDE the vault (ramp tailgate is awesome, would be even better to be able to pull heavy cargo up the ramp into the vault)

3. "Tak Pack" - Given the flat windshield, a projector HUD would be great. IF infared/thermal cam could be synched with a low light cam and have this projected thru the HUD, you could have FLir-type visibility in low light or inclement weather - great safety addition.
Amazing

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Elon would threaten to sue them if they don't approve mirrorless option. Which means, no lawsuit and Elon would get what he wants.
Elon sues due to stupidity (like a law that states that mirror is the only way to see behind you), so yes, he would sue on this too.

Last edited:

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
It would be better to wish for robotic chargers that auto connect over wireless charging. Wireless charging is lossy and at the high transfer rate required to quickly charge a battery the receiver side of the resonant coil would be a heavy thing to carry around all the time.
I agree, every one compares wireless charging to phone charging, there are several magnitudes difference. I can only imagine the power lose, and the increase time to fully charge.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Actually electric charging only has 1.5% loss where most cables and people set up is at home have about 2.2% loss so it's actually less loss than normal cabling because as thicker cabling and has a frequency rather than an amperage setup
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the wires to the wireless charger have the 1.5% loss as well?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
TOP 3 Exterior Modifications
1 - Lighting Systems
a. Forward vision
1. Beam projectors
2. Corner ditch lamps
3. Fog cutters
b. Under vision
1. belly camera
2. wheel well camera pods
3. puddle lamps
c. Identity vision
1. CyberTrk marker grille lamps
2. Baja-beacon whips

2 - Privacy systems
a. Interior
1 - Electric Obscure glass
2 - Noise attenuated Voice privacy
3 - 360° Sentry camera
b. Exterior
1 - V2H
2 - V2g
3 - Solar

3 - SHTF systems
a. EDC
1 - Mask, O2, H2O
2 - Defense
3 - 1st Aid
4 - Survival Gear (72 hr)
b. Armageddon kits
c. Tesla (GPS) stashes
d. STARLINK comms

Millennials won't be kitting out their father's F-150 but a whole cyber platform from which to launch their own ideas.

First couple years of Cybertruck will be one for the Ages.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
1) Stainless Steel Snow Plow
2) Starlink Antenna

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
One of NHTSA's concerns jumped out at me:

Although it is not one of the primary safety purpose of rearview mirrors, drivers often use the outside rearview mirrors after turning off the ignition and preparing to exit the vehicle to determine whether it is safe to open the vehicle door when parked alongside a traffic lane. We seek comment on whether NHTSA consider requiring that a CMS be capable of serving this function by being operational in some capacity either at all times or for a specified period of time after opening the driver's car door.
Seems reasonable for software to provide situational awareness all around the vehicle for a minute or so after shutting down CT. It would be easy for a bad person to hide behind the vault.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
1. Vault mounted robot that could plug in the CT at home or kung fu anyone who messes with the truck. Maybe the robot could be trained to do fly fishing or assist with loading/unloading stuff.

quickrch

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford E350 Van, 2014 Ford Focus SE, 2015 Volkswagen Passat, 2006 Subaru Outback Legacy
Occupation
I count things
Country flag
My guess:
1) An off-road light bar (roof), probably combined with a brush bar. I won't be getting it but I think that combo would look pretty good.
2) Wheels, or at least new/modded hub caps. I think the stock caps will be prone to damage and maybe even popping off if you air down the tires for sand/snow.
3) Wraps and vinyl graphics

I was looking for curb rash after leno drove through the boring tunnel and didn't see any. Good job on his part, I was expecting some since the demo cars in the tunnel had these side training wheel things and the truck is wider.
I agree with 1/ off-road light bar/brush bar on front with winch

Electric window tint

bed cap/camper top that is vault like but higher and square.