Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At some point, we're going to see an explosion of models and vehicles pouring out of these new factories...

Alas, that'll be about three years after they begin shipping from them. Whenever that is.

(That's about how long from Model 3 first deliveries and the doubling at Shanghai and Fremont)

-Crissa
Sponsored

Coutcon

First Name
Benoit (Ben)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Dodge 3500 Diesel
Occupation
general contractor
Country flag
I might be naĂŻves, but I would like to believe that the cybertruck has been waiting long enough with 1.4 million reservations that he would concentrate on the cybertruck before he builds the Wolverine. It might get revealed in the near futur but not put into production until the Cybertruck line is completely operating at full production. I have been waiting patiently and I can hardly wait. I know that I have never wanted a truck as much as I want my cybertruck. Let's get her done.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
When I first started seeing the article I had serious doubts. I still have them, all of the articles are just re-hashes of the same story... or just flat out copies.

All doubts aside I would probably cancel my Cybertruck reservation over the compact one. I just don't believe the news. I will wait and see what gets officially announced soon.

I did see one article that caught my eye, but it disappeared before I could read it concerning the steel factory for the Cybertruck is supposed to be completed next month.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Like for real I drive a 2008 F350 crew cab with all the towing bells and whistles.(257000 mikes on it) It gets used on construction sites all over the Philadelphia area. I tow equipment and trailers. Elon said Cybertruck was going to be the “biggest and baddest truck who wouldn’t want it bulletproof?” I want/need the biggest and baddest truck out there. I’ll take one with 6 motors and dual wheels front and back. ? Now hurry the @$&? Up and get it done! Tired of talking and reading about it. At this rate I’ll be too old and decrepit to get in the damn thing. Let’s GO!!!!!!!!

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
Truck would pay for itself much faster here in the US, a larger truck market. I think Africa and Australia might be better for the next after the US.
We actually pay stupid amounts for cars in Europe - far higher prices than you're used to over there
eg - UK price of Tesla Model 3 LR = ÂŁ49,990 = $67,755, whereas US list price = $45,940
Therefore far more profit to be made in Europe - Especially if also built here
I could see them announcing a van, which would be much more popular in Europe, according to people who live there..... but maybe it is overstating the van vs pickup truck market preference between US and Europe.
The upcoming super stylish VW ID Buzz will probably have a huge market if priced below ÂŁ50K, but there isn't really any 'van vs pickup truck' thing
People want chunky MPV's / 4x4 ... but NOT Vans

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
About 10% of cars in the EU are vans, while over 12% are in the UK.
Seems like people do want vans in these places.
-Crissa
In the UK the standard car driving license {Cat B} only allows you to drive cars & light commercial vehicles (ie-ford transit type & car derived vans), having a max laden weight of 3500kg (7,700lbs)
Q/- What's the estimated fully laden weight of a CT?

Tesla Cybertruck Rumors of Two Cybertruck Versions (Including Smaller "Wolverine") & March Reveal Event Screen Shot 01-22-22 at 11.10 AM.JPG

However, If they passed their car driving test before 1997, then that same license allows them to drive vehicles up to 7500kg :D
Note 5 for Cat C1 above
Tesla Cybertruck Rumors of Two Cybertruck Versions (Including Smaller "Wolverine") & March Reveal Event Screen Shot 01-22-22 at 11.11 AM.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In the UK the standard car driving license {Cat B} only allows you to drive cars & light commercial vehicles (ie-ford transit type & car derived vans), having a max laden weight of 3500kg (7,700lbs)
Q/- What's the estimated fully laden weight of a CT?

Screen Shot 01-22-22 at 11.10 AM.JPG

However, If they passed their car driving test before 1997, then that same license allows them to drive vehicles up to 7500kg :D
Note 5 for Cat C1 above
Screen Shot 01-22-22 at 11.11 AM.JPG
Wish this were the case in the US. We let people drive crazy big stuff with the basic license

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Mostly posted because I know there is a lot of Wolverine love here.
Is this seriously what it's going to be called or is this just some kind of production codename? It's the worst Tesla vehicle name ever if it's what they're going with.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is this seriously what it's going to be called or is this just some kind of production codename? It's the worst Tesla vehicle name ever if it's what they're going with.
No clue. I think there is a tweet where someone sent it to Elon or something.

Personally, I like Wolverine and Grizzly for names for the trucks.

Just be happen that given the fact that Elon suggested it would be able to float people didn’t decide to call it the beaver.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm not sure what the fascination is with a smaller CT now that it has 4 wheel steering. The drivetrain and battery would likely stay the same, along with the interior fit out etc, and with it the same cost for those, so shrinking the 'box" that holds it all together would not yield significant enough savings to warrant a whole new vehicle, factory space and assembly line.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm not sure what the fascination is with a smaller CT now that it has 4 wheel steering. The drivetrain and battery would likely stay the same, along with the interior fit out etc, and with it the same cost for those, so shrinking the 'box" that holds it all together would not yield significant enough savings to warrant a whole new vehicle, factory space and assembly line.
If you don’t need a full sized truck why would you want the hassle of a full sized truck?

Toyota sells more Tacomas than Tundras. Ford’s mini Maverick is so popular it’s sold out. The Ranger is also a hugely popular truck, as is the Colorado.

Lots of utility in smaller trucks.

I’m not sure which I would buy personally. If it was “smaller” enough I might buy both!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The smaller line would be in Germany

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I leafed through these postings and saw a lot of commmentary on the second vehicle design, but nothing (sorry if I missed it) on the liklihood of a March event. Now that Elon screwed us over, again, on a Cybertruck update, and said that maybe each vehicle deserved its own event, a March event for the Cybertruck makes more sense than it did back in January. Sadly, given Elon's pessimism about affordability, I do not expect a peep out of him until they resolve that issue. If he is talking about MAYBE producing Cybertrucks in 2023 then we can probably dismiss the idea of a March event (at least, this year).

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I leafed through these postings and saw a lot of commmentary on the second vehicle design, but nothing (sorry if I missed it) on the liklihood of a March event. Now that Elon screwed us over, again, on a Cybertruck update, and said that maybe each vehicle deserved its own event, a March event for the Cybertruck makes more sense than it did back in January. Sadly, given Elon's pessimism about affordability, I do not expect a peep out of him until they resolve that issue. If he is talking about MAYBE producing Cybertrucks in 2023 then we can probably dismiss the idea of a March event (at least, this year).
The second event was literally just a single comment by a single analyst who has no track record. Hard to discuss that much.
Sponsored