chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
I noticed when I took delivery that there was a little liquid in the frunk but thought it was just water from the detailing. The next couple times when I opened the frunk I saw liquid and just wiped it up. This time when I wiped it up I noticed the liquid had a yellow tinge to it so popped off the maintenance cover and saw the brake fluid reservoir was wet and the inside of the maintenance area had small droplets all around the reservoir. The reservoir still looks about half full.

Anyone else have this issue? I just put in a service request but it will be a couple days before I can go in.

1000002443.jpg
1000002445.jpg

1000002447.jpg
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I've not heard of anyone having this issue. Is the cap not sealing properly?

Service will take care of it of course, but i'd just be careful and ensure the brakes are solid and don't have air them.

OP
OP

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
I tried tightening the cap but it was on there good. I think it's leaking out the seam in the middle of the plastic. That seam was wet all the way around that I could reach.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
Might be a bad plastic weld on the reservoir.

If that's it, it's a super-easy fix.

OP
OP

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Hopefully they can just swap out the reservoir and be done. Any idea if it's the same as other models and something they might have on hand?

OP
OP

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Update: after initially scheduling my service appointment for a few days out, the next day they changed the date to today (2 weeks after initial request) to wait for the replacement part to arrive. I went it and they fixed it in an hour with no hassle. Pretty easy service appointment.

While I was there I asked about the wheel aero covers and power share rollout but they didn't have any info on when they would be coming.
Sponsored