mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I need mine sooner, the Model S lease expires in March 2021 . . . otherwise I may be forced into being tempted by a Model Y during the interim . . . which the wifey would get when the CT does comes out . . . but financially better to just go from Model S to CT although it doesn't look that possible right now.

Hurry up, Giga-Austin!
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I need mine sooner, the Model S lease expires in March 2021 . . . otherwise I may be forced into being tempted by a Model Y during the interim . . . which the wifey would get when the CT does comes out . . . but financially better to just go from Model S to CT although it doesn't look that possible right now.

Hurry up, Giga-Austin!
Um... that would look a little like this:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Analyst Estimates 'Staggering' 650K Cybertruck Preorders 20200621 Donna's Model Y 02

Except, she's driving it now and I'M driving the Prius... It's going to be a long year or two!

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Um... that would look a little like this:

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg

Except, she's driving it now and I'M driving the Prius... It's going to be a long year or two!
...yikes thanks for predicting my future...:D

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
That’s when reservations were at 250,000 units. The 3 or 4 year backlog scenario breaks down like this;

-83,333 units if 3 years (1,602 per week)
-62,500 units if 4 years (1,201 per week)

The demand will increase even more once the general public sees Cybertruck‘s cruising on public roads.

With billions of dollars in sales revenue just from the Cybertruck alone the above production numbers are simply too low. Tesla will need to plan for at least 125,000 units per year. That’s 2,403 units per week which is roughly 10,000 units per month.

Last edited:

Andres.FS7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
That’s when reservations were at 250,000 units. The 3 or 4 year backlog scenario breaks down like this;

-83,333 units if 3 years (1,602 per week)
-62,500 units if 4 years (1,201 per week)

The demand will increase even more once the general public sees Cybertruck‘s cruising on public roads.

With billions of dollars in sales revenue just from the Cybertruck alone the above production numbers are simply too low. Tesla will need to plan for at least 125,000 units per year. That’s 2,403 units per week which is roughly 10,000 units per month.
It has to be above 450k- 500k since I pre ordered December 12th and I’m about reservation number 422k

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Buddy of mine just pre ordered and based on calculations he’s number 834,000
Yeah, don't forget those reservation numbers include ALL models Tesla makes. while there aren't as many X and S orders as there once were, the MY is quite popular right now.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Buddy of mine just pre ordered and based on calculations he’s number 834,000
Funny how those calculations look? after plugging in RN☺ I’m still scratching my head.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Impressive numbers but remember that reserving one simply takes a C-note. If the deposits were $2500 it would reflect serious buyers waiting in the wings. I predict around 50% of reservation holders will go their Tesla account and click on the refund button instead of following through with a purchase.
Totally agree, but you're still talking somewhere around 400,000 sales.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never would have thought a Londoner would be interested in the CT, that's interesting. Goes to show the broad appeal of the CT. The "funky(&completely guilt-free)", got chuckle from that:ROFLMAO:

I should have mentioned that Germany, Switzerland, Austria will be interested in the utility of CT. I can see municipalities, police and Ski resorts in the Alps using CT. My thinking at first was just retail customers and not government agencies. The move to electric vehicles for environmental purposes is big in Europe.

Switzerland has a lot of Superchargers and is big on moving to electric vehicles.
With the way the London Mayor is extorting £20 for petrol and diesel vehicles each day for simply entering the city and electric vehicles being free it’s a no brainer, plus there are a lot of pickups on British roads as the yearly road tax Is cheaper than the equivalent engine sized ICE vehicles.
Sponsored