Tesla can now price the Cybertruck (after tax credit bill deal)

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You mean, lowered.

There's little evidence Tesla has raised prices more during the credit than after.

-Crissa
Don't have the stats in front of me, but I remember the price of the model 3 dropping a little each time the credits phased out.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Don't have the stats in front of me, but I remember the price of the model 3 dropping a little each time the credits phased out.
A little. Because of course people respond to the cut by cutting their buying.

However, they have also lowered their prices to qualify.

And most of their price increase has been post-credit-phaseout.

-Crissa

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
And most of their price increase has been post-credit-phaseout.

-Crissa
I agree with you about them pricing to meet the credits, but I'd like to point out that of course most of their price increases have been post-credit-phaseout. Their total number of units sold in the lifetime of the company has been exponentially higher post-credit-phaseout than pre-credit-phaseout. That means this benchmark is not really indicative of any meaningful intuition.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Interesting the max price for trucks is $80,000. That could crush the competition in the truck segment.

The other interesting thing to me was a max price of $25,000 on used vehicles and bought through a dealer. That would help to incentivise people to buy new. This is very limited.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Interesting the max price for trucks is $80,000. That could crush the competition in the truck segment.

The other interesting thing to me was a max price of $25,000 on used vehicles and bought through a dealer. That would help to incentivise people to buy new. This is very limited.
max sedan price is 55k. That will help drive tesla's low end model pricing back down prior to all the increases. And maybe drive some motivation for finally doing that super cheap model they kicked the can on.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wonder if Teslas price hikes to cater for future inflation, were as a side benefit, also geared to stealthily rake in future credits.

A preemptive move to keep the wait times in check, keep the price as it is even after inflation is controlled, and so it will seem the company is not milking tax credits.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What is the latest prospect for CT in Australia, I thought they were giving refunds?
Is it a LHD or a safety concern?
The prospect is unchanged

The refund headlines were made up FUD

LHD a safety concern ? ,,, never heard of this one. Why would it be? Everything is mirrored and works exactly the same.

Nada, Neinte, Nothing has ever been an issue here.

And I doubt if there is an issue anywhere else.. Why would Tesla not eventually sell its products to anyone who wants it ? 'Accelerate the transition to clean energy' to me means delays would be as bad as it gets.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The prospect is unchanged

The refund headlines were made up FUD

LHD a safety concern ? ,,, never heard of this one. Why would it be? Everything is mirrored and works exactly the same.

Nada, Neinte, Nothing has ever been an issue here.

And I doubt if there is an issue anywhere else.. Why would Tesla not eventually sell its products to anyone who wants it ? 'Accelerate the transition to clean energy' to me means delays would be as bad as it gets.
I was not implying that rhd was not safe. Just that it requires different parts than the lhd version which is more prevalent.

Dang it I fell in the FUD trap.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
UGH this SUUUUCKS the $7500 tax credit applies to bill of sale after dec 31st, 2022 and am supposed to pick this damn MYP up between Aug and Sep I guess I'M WAITING AGAIN (F U HONDA ACCORD!)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was not implying that rhd was not safe. Just that it requires different parts than the lhd version which is more prevalent.

Dang it I fell in the FUD trap.
It is easy to get caught up in FUD, the premise is quite simple.. With such a long backlog, hard enough to service rhd countries, it makes sense to refund.

Whilst there are many variations of trucks which are not converted, and in some cases the legacy companies ship and then the car gets converted locally by a contracted distribution partner.

However, most legacy have a presence with at least one direct lhd. (in AU)

Tesla only makes one design(so far) , and would have to exclude itself as a player from lhd markets, which is a no no.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla can now price the Cybertruck (after tax credit bill deal) 1659080931019

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
UGH this SUUUUCKS the $7500 tax credit applies to bill of sale after dec 31st, 2022 and am supposed to pick this damn MYP up between Aug and Sep I guess I'M WAITING AGAIN (F U HONDA ACCORD!)
@600000 there will probably be a climate denier in the Whitehouse and I will not get it either.
Sponsored