YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Torture the data long enough, and it will confess to anything. It'll get here when it get's here. Tesla just built the factory, things are moving along. What's to say they don't put out a few CT's in Dec 2022? or May 2023?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Autoweek said:
With all those “legacy” automakers getting into the electric pickup truck business, and with Rivian having learned how to build trucks before it actually started building trucks, why not cut the Cybertruck from the future product lineup?

Because … pride before practicality, particularly when you have all that market cap and no credibility for meeting deadlines. Musk is not about to cut bait on a troublesome project as if Tesla were General Motors or Ford.
Uh-huh. There's nothing in the article. The analyst isn't named, nor is the evidence they're relying upon. And they get a few basic facts wrong (like stainless and that Tesla did suffer from reduced output due to chip shortage and no, they don't make all their own chips - they don't own chip fabs.)

-Crissa

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
The article mentions their sources say Elon has a considerable list of changes he wants made. If true, I’ll trust Elon and his judgement on things he wants changed or addressed before production begins even if that means speculative articles such as this turn out correctly guessing the correct release timeframe.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
From what I have seen in recent decades from “industry competitive analysts”, I’d almost be willing to bet the opposite, especially from automotive industry market analysts. This is legacy auto BS.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My fee is two dollars for every hit piece article posted. Payable in charitable donations.
I'll open a holding account for your donations.......I'm a nice guy

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think GM and Ford, Ram will have nice trucks, fully equipped and be somewhat in ;int with pricing of the CT.......their issue will be updates and serviceability......Tesla service center already has them for current electric vehicles, although few and far between, and they can build on that service.....others will be trying to coupe them with current ICE service centers......I think in 5 years, traditional car manufacturers will be getting close in good production numbers and quality, but will still be limited with service

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I think GM and Ford, Ram will have nice trucks, fully equipped and be somewhat in ;int with pricing of the CT.......their issue will be updates and serviceability......Tesla service center already has them for current electric vehicles, although few and far between, and they can build on that service.....
No, Tesla is not the one with net disadvantage.

GM and Ford, Ram have huge problems that Tesla will not have.

1. They will not have enough batteries for each legcy OEM to make even 250K trucks per year.

2. They will be making much lower profit per EV truck sold than ICE truck.

3. Their dealers will continue to sabotage the transition.

4. The highly profitable ICE truck sales will drop much faster than profit from EVs.

5. They do not have enough cash for the huge investments they need to make.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, Tesla is not the one with net disadvantage.

GM and Ford, Ram have huge problems that Tesla will not have.

1. They will not have enough batteries for each legcy OEM to make even 250K trucks per year.

2. They will be making much lower profit per EV truck sold than ICE truck.

4. The highly profitable ICE truck sales will drop much faster than profit from EVs.

5. They do not have enough cash for the huge investments they need to make.
thats not what I said......I said they will have nice truck, have service issues......Tesla already has service s=center for their cars.....

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Paid for by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.....

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As we see with cars, there is Tesla and then daylight, and then everyone else.

Customers will like the competition, but if it follows, the CT should also be well ahead of competition.

Technologically it will be more advanced, there is a good bet to predict it will be advanced in most areas.

When the bar is lifted to take into account all of Tesla's advantages, It will be stronger and go further at a lower price point.

As we see with cars, the end result is that the majority of consumers are naturally attracted to the better product.

The competitions quandary and chest beating is the same as before we released the 3 and then Y. When the CT is released, there will be daylight, and the rest of the competition will be competing for 2nd spot. IMO.

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
perfectionist-genius-madman. 🤣

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
thats not what I said......I said they will have nice truck, have service issues......Tesla already has service s=center for their cars.....

That is going to be a much bigger deal than we think today
Sponsored