C3XYTK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have one powerwall 2 and enphase solar with partial house back up under NEM2.0 in CA. I was planning to use CT & v3 gateway to provide whole house back up or operate off grid.
After the email, I found out that NEM2.0 can not change solar design without going into NEM3.0 as of April 2023. So V3 gateway is useless for unless I am willing to change to NEM3.0 and add more batteries.
We were told that V3 gateway and Universal Home charger are included in the foundation series. Regardless of different use case for V3 gateway, they should offer equivalent credit instead of offering just home charger (I already have 3 of them.)
Sponsored

Trekboy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Cybertruck
Country flag
I have one powerwall 2 and enphase solar with partial house back up under NEM2.0 in CA. I was planning to use CT & v3 gateway to provide whole house back up or operate off grid.
After the email, I found out that NEM2.0 can not change solar design without going into NEM3.0 as of April 2023. So V3 gateway is useless for unless I am willing to change to NEM3.0 and add more batteries.
We were told that V3 gateway and Universal Home charger are included in the foundation series. Regardless of different use case for V3 gateway, they should offer equivalent credit instead of offering just home charger (I already have 3 of them.)
I feel for you. I'm lucky enough to be under NEM1.0, so for me, battery backup would only become useful in a power outage. The damn Utilities are really doing their best to screw solar here in California.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Interesting. So, you get this $700 voucher in place of the home backup stuff... Are they also giving you 6 months of free supercharging like they did with others?

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I have referral points and was planning to spend them on a Wall Charger to resell or install in one of my kid’s home. Like the FSCT Powershare equipment, Tesla has changed the delivery process on all of their electrical stuff to require delivery to an approved electrician. I don’t like being told which contractor I have to use. What if I don’t like his installation terms?
You shouldn’t need an approved installer using your referral points. Prior to getting to order the CT, I used points to get the updated wall connector with the 24’ cable to replace the one we initially installed in 2018 with a 6’ cable. I received it 3-4 days later. Now I’ll have the PowerShare installer add the universal wall charger and I’ll replace my current charger with the updated one myself. We won’t always necessarily need two, but there wasn’t any savings by replacing the older one with the universal charger and we have plenty on capacity in our box for two.

Daryoon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model X, Model 3, Lexus IS-C
Country flag
Interesting. So, you get this $700 voucher in place of the home backup stuff... Are they also giving you 6 months of free supercharging like they did with others?
Right? Whatever millennial running the program isn’t thinking things though.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla is giving $700 voucher to buy wall connector charger (to setup Powershare Home Backup) IMG_2055

Foundation was supposed to get both the PowerShare gateway and Universal Wall Connector.

But just because I have PowerWalls and a V2 Gateway that will be Powershared enabled, we only get credited $700? That’s the value of the Universal Wall Connector only.

Where’s the reimbursement for the v3 Gateway? Should be at the very least a voucher in our Tesla account where we can redeem for a v3 Gateway in the future. In case we ever move and need it then. Or at the very least, we should be able to gift our Gateway to a friend, neighbor, etc who may want to install Tesla solar and Powerwalls.

Vaporizing that equipment that was a part of the foundation package is an improper way of going about it imho.

Not to mention, the firmware to enable PowerShare is not enabled AFAIK. So I don’t even know if my gen2 HPWC is truly supported. For all I know, we’ll get to that point and they realized to mean only the newer gen 3 Wall Charger and Universal Wall Charger are the ones that supports PowerSharing.

Last edited:

JBerger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Country flag
I went on Tesla's approved installer page and my area doesn't have a an installer. Now what?? I want my wall charger that comes with the Foundation series truck.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Go buy the charger at best biy for 0% financing and use that 700 on Cybertruck accessories! Lol

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No one more penny-pinching than someone who's bought a truck for twice its cost. This offer sounds great! Better than the free Supercharging.

-Crissa

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
right, all equipment goes to contractor first. Once you get approval you will get a list of local certified electrical companies to choose from for installation. I sent out emails to 6 companies with 5 star reviews and waiting on them to visit and give me quotes. The one thing I don't like is Tesla saying since I have Power Walls I get a credit for wall charger to buy myself then find a contractor to install it. I wanted the powershare equipment. The V3 and Wall connector are 2000 not 700 so Imm getting shorted there.
Yeah agree, all the things they pulled you in to justify the foundation price is being removed. They basically now have you spending 20k extra for nothing that makes up the value. No fullself driving, no gateway, no universal charger. All the things that were supposed to be provided as part of the foundation series. At this point I’m thinking why not just wait for the non-foundation. I remember all those people that bought autopilot years ago and never got it. I guess they basically got us to pay 20k for the $200 accessories they put in and I can’t even get White seat 😒

Last edited:

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Right? Whatever millennial running the program isn’t thinking things though.
IMG_2055.jpeg

Foundation was supposed to get both the PowerShare gateway and Universal Wall Connector.

But just because I have PowerWalls and a V2 Gateway that will be Powershared enabled, we only get credited $700? That’s the value of the Universal Wall Connector only.

Where’s the reimbursement for the v3 Gateway? Should be at the very least a voucher in our Tesla account where we can redeem for a v3 Gateway in the future. In case we ever move and need it then. Or at the very least, we should be able to gift our Gateway to a friend, neighbor, etc who may want to install Tesla solar and Powerwalls.

Vaporizing that equipment that was a part of the foundation package is an improved way of going about it imho.

Not to mention, the firmware to enable PowerShare is not enabled. So I don’t even know if my gen2 HPWC is truly supported. For all I know, we’ll get to that point and they realized to mean only the newer gen 3 Wall Charger and Universal Wall Charger are the ones that supports PowerSharing.
Same boat here. This argument makes sense to me.

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
No one more penny-pinching than someone who's bought a truck for twice its cost. This offer sounds great! Better than the free Supercharging.

-Crissa
Not in California. My recent SC stops have been about 46 cents per kwhr. So for me 6 months works out to over $1000. And if I charge at home I'm paying insane PG&E rates of 36 cents off peak, still over $700...

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Yeah agree, all the things they pulled you in to justify the foundation price is being removed. They basically now have you spending 20k extra for nothing that makes up the value. No fullself driving, no gateway, no universal charger. All the things that were supposed to be provided as part of the foundation series. At this point I’m thinking why not just wait for the non-foundation. I remember all those people that bought autopilot years ago and never got it. I guess they basically got us to pay 20k for the $200 accessories they put in and I can’t even get White seat 😒
In fairness, FSD will come, it'll just take a little bit (like when Hardware 4 was introduced, or the new Model 3). Agreed on the $700 credit though. They should give you more when you're an early and loyal Tesla owner who already bought a Powerwall and Solar!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not in California. My recent SC stops have been about 46 cents per kwhr. So for me 6 months works out to over $1000. And if I charge at home I'm paying insane PG&E rates of 36 cents off peak, still over $700...
That's still how many hours at Superchargers, though? That's more what I was thinking.

-Crissa

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
In fairness, FSD will come, it'll just take a little bit (like when Hardware 4 was introduced, or the new Model 3). Agreed on the $700 credit though. They should give you more when you're an early and loyal Tesla owner who already bought a Powerwall and Solar!
I understand your point and I hope you are right. The difference is steer by wire and I truly hope that we are not waiting for 2+ year for them to figure it all out. Again there were a lot of people who paid for auto pilot and never got anything. (Sold car after 3-4yrs, and any other scenario stolen, crash.etc) anyone who purchased the vision was never made whole. I skipped that option in 2016 and 2019 both model S and glad I did because IMO it’s still not what they said it was to be.

SamRN007

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y and confirmed CyberTruck Dusl Motor
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Just received an email from Tesla. Since I already own Powerwalls, they’re offering me a $700 voucher to purchase a charger myself. While the voucher exceeds the charger’s cost, I don’t feel adequately compensated as they’re not providing the Powerwall gateway device.😐

IMG_2130.jpeg
This for Cyberbeast only correct? Or does this come AWD as well…. I should have asked on delivery day
Sponsored