swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Do remember, subscription prices will ALWAYS increase over time for varied reasons. Then again, owning FSD can be superseded by FSD Plus or whatever they want to call it in the future. There is no guarantee that you will have the latest and greatest Tesla has to offer permanently no matter what route you should take.
Yep, good point. I will say this though, I have AP1 in a 2015 S85D and I still love to drive it, even though I know more advanced AP is available. Even with FSD available, I still enjoy driving Teslas and only enjoy being driven by them when I'm on a long trip/on the interstate.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pĢ¶rĢ¶iĢ¶uĢ¶sĢ¶ cĢ¶,Ģ¶ yĢ¶oĢ¶tĢ¶aĢ¶ pĢ¶iĢ¶cĢ¶kĢ¶uĢ¶p, ā¼•äø«ā»?å°ŗć‚»å°ŗć„©ā¼•é•æ
Country flag
If Tesla doesnt honor the price for fsd and CT1 I signed up for, im not buyin it.
because I cant stand companies doing stuff like that and also I wont be able to afford more... but even if I was able to afford it, I wouldnt buy it

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This is likely only affecting a couple dozen people at this point who have had the opportunity to switch to the Model Y SR when it was briefly online or the Model Y AWD LR.

Itā€™s best to think of Tesla as a sociopathic entity that happens to have similar goals in common with us (and makes great products!). They frequently do stuff which is shitty and arguably unfair and arbitrary. If they werenā€™t so damned good at making cars and pushing ā€œThe Missionā€ forward, weā€™d probably hate them. (PS and good for my portfolio)
I am embarrassed for Tesla and Elon. If it is not that many people why would they stir the pot for a couple thousand dollars. FSD is software for crying out loud. A lot of R&D but not a lot of hard cost.

Elon is exercising options to purchase $950 shares at $7 per share. Telsa has to pay for that somehow. Normally I would say good for him, but not when they pull crap like this. I think many of us thought the FSD price lock was solid. If that is not sacred we are definitely hosed on our reservation pricing.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am embarrassed for Tesla and Elon. If it is not that many people why would they stir the pot for a couple thousand dollars. FSD is software for crying out loud. A lot of R&D but not a lot of hard cost.

Elon is exercising options to purchase $950 shares at $7 per share. Telsa has to pay for that somehow. Normally I would say good for him, but not when they pull crap like this. I think many of us thought the FSD price lock was solid. If that is not sacred we are definitely hosed on our reservation pricing.
It's Omicron's fault

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla says it won't honor retroactive Full Self-Driving FSD pricing for discontinued models Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 9.41.00 PM

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Doesnā€™t Tesla have a history of initially making short-sighted decisions on pricing and then reacting to the social media outrage with a more sensible stance?
Tesla has a history of shipping products at the price they were when you pre-ordered them.

There are likely only 15-20 people affected by this at this point. Almost everyone who originally ordered this model switched over to the LR AWD or the Model Y SR 9 months ago when the pre-order period ended. I donā€™t know what the communications around this have been, but it has been very clear for a long long time they werenā€™t shipping any Model Y AWD SR.

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I'm willing to cancel the FSD option to get the 4 motor upgrade. While it seemed to be a cool gimmick at the time, I've never owned a car that could drive itself, and according to reports, Tesla's FSD is far from primetime. I'm sure some lawyers are already on this new bait and switch tactic.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
If I recall the news correctly, Elon said Tesla will not make the tri-motor. it will be good PR if the holders of 3-motor reservations will get the 4-motor at the same price and only those late comers will be hit with the new higher prices.

But Elon is no Gates. Greed, dude, greed -- it's insatiable for the narcissistic Musk.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag
My best guess is that:
  • CT single-motor is going away for good
  • dual-motor will be pushed as far into the future as possible (just like M 3/Y LR is now)
  • tri-motor keeps its price and there will be 2 variants
    • 500miles+ with the original 70k pricing
    • 300miles+ starting from 55k-65k
  • quad-motor will have a 100k+ price
I know many here don't like assumptions, those can just ignore my post. Thanks

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ByJoey Klender
Posted on December 15, 2021

Tesla is communicating to customers who have ordered now-discontinued variants of vehicles that it will not honor retroactive pricing of the Full Self-Driving suite to when they reserved their vehicle.

In February, Teslarati reported that Tesla would not produce the Model Y Long Range Rear-Wheel-Drive variant. CEO Elon Musk later stated that the reason was that Tesla has ā€œtoo much product complexity already.ā€ However, Tesla had originally planned to honor the price of the FSD suite when customers had reserved their vehicles. For example, if the FSD suite was priced at $7,000 at the time of the reservation, Tesla would only charge the customer $7,000, despite its current $10,000 price tag. This was confirmed by Tesla employees in February.

Tesla officially eliminated the Model Y Long Range RWD earlier this month, finally communicating to reservation holders that it had no plans to produce the vehicle. Tesla advised Model Y LR RWD reservation holders to revise their orders by choosing a vehicle that it currently produces and pay the additional price, as Teslaā€™s vehicle prices have increased since then.

ā€œWeā€™re contacting you regarding your Model Y order [VIN] placed on March 15, 2019. Weā€™d like to help you update your configuration, as we do not build the configuration you originally selected. Weā€™re excited to support you through the process and deliver your reconfigured Model Y at your earliest convenience,ā€ Tesla wrote in an email on December 8th to one Model Y reservation holder, who agreed to pay the additional cost of the vehicle but requested a retroactive FSD pricing as a small discount for having to choose a new vehicle over two-and-a-half years after placing the order.

ā€œI tried to update the design, but the price jumped $20,000! And full-self-driving is now $10K, when I first reserved it, it was less than half that price. Can TESLA honor my original price for FSD since Iā€™m an early adopter?ā€ the reservation holder asked.

However, the reservation holder, who asked to remain anonymous, was told by Tesla staff that the company would not be honoring any old pricing.

ā€œThank you for your note. We will not be honoring any previous pricing. Once you update your configuration it will update to the current pricing,ā€ a Tesla employee told the reservation holder in an emailed statement.

Tesla did not immediately respond for comment.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-will-not-honor-retroactive-full-self-driving-pricing-model-y/
ah.....the 12/9 surprise in now here.....

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Again.

Not buying into other peoples fears and nonsense.

You can spout your stupid assumptions over and over. Still donā€™t care.

Right now we donā€™t even know that the tri motor has been eliminated. Or how they will just roll tri motor orders over to quad motor orders automatically. We have lots of assumptions piled up about those things, now you are piling more assumptions on top. Itā€™s like a giant assumption sandwich and you are serving it up with a double helping of FUD.
yea....I am so full of all this I'm starting to get constipated

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If I recall the news correctly, Elon said Tesla will not make the tri-motor. it will be good PR if the holders of 3-motor reservations will get the 4-motor at the same price and only those late comers will be hit with the new higher prices.
He did not say the tri motor was going away.

All he said was there would be a quad motor and it would ship first. The fate of the rest of the line is a complete mystery at this point.
Sponsored