Tri motor Cybertruck better V2G *investment* value than dual?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah I want extra range but not the third motor. We want the ability to go for max range donot care re performance in a truck. Too fast!
The motors are virtually free compared to the battery. They're also probably more efficient.

...and the thought occurred to me that if I or my wife somehow run out of juice the other could come and do the V2V thing for the other.
The Cybertruck will have 240v inverter (according to the release night demo) so you can at least do Level 2 charging.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
We will soon (when the CT arrives type of soon) be an all BEV household and the thought occurred to me that if I or my wife somehow run out of juice the other could come and do the V2V thing for the other.
The success of that plan depends on where you run out of juice. The good news is that the CT will evidently have 30 A 240V in the bed so you can charge at 7.2 kW (about 14 mph). Another option would be to carry a Yeti 6000 or something like it on board. That holds about 12 miles but its inverter is limited to 2 kW so it would take 3 hrs to take on the whole 6 kWh.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The success of that plan depends on where you run out of juice. The good news is that the CT will evidently have 30 A 240V in the bed so you can charge at 7.2 kW (about 14 mph). Another option would be to carry a Yeti 6000 or something like it on board. That holds about 12 miles but its inverter is limited to 2 kW so it would take 3 hrs to take on the whole 6 kWh.
I always assumed it would be just enough charge to get her (or me) to a charging station. For her, it would be somewhere in the bay area as she rarely drives herself out of it without me. So, not far from wherever i might be. I, on the other hand, roam further and maybe another solution is needed.
Sponsored