Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I still have the middle console creak when turning and a rattle from my front passenger door when music has sharp bass.

My driver’s side rear view mirror would creak when I opened and closed the door but that was fixed at the last service appointment.

Next service appointment is in 2 weeks.
Sponsored

AeroTool

First Name
CARL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1T RED ROCKET...!!!, F350, Sprinter Van...
Occupation
Mostly RETIRED
Country flag
That is why I LOVE my Rivian R1T: Absolutely no rattles or sounds, just pure quiet...!!

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
That is why I LOVE my Rivian R1T: Absolutely no rattles or sounds, just pure quiet...!!
Funny you say that. My CT is perfectly quiet with zero rattles but my neighbors R1T rattles like a maraca! He bitches about it frequently. 😂😂

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

cyber_danko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model S, Cybertruck
Country flag
I do not have any rattles in my AWD CyberTruck. Be aware that multiple Service Bulletins have been created for rattling issues. You can see the list here, and linked below for reference. I would recommend scheduling a service appointment to determine if these apply to your vehicle.

* SB-24-11-001 - Door Noise
* SB-24-10-004 - Door Noise
* SB-24-31-003 - Suspension Noise
* SB-24-31-001 - Suspension Noise

Boo23

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW M40 Z4, 84 Camaro Z28
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Assembly workers knowing layoff was imminent putting loose coins and washers inside panels. 😉

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I know Tesla has a specific mileage mark where they won't TS this. I'd get it into your Service Center soon and have them look into the rattles squeaks etc.

Tony stank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Ohh man, thank god it’s not just my truck.
It’s been so bad and my SA is really bad.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I've got one rattle so far on the passenger side somewhere. I have been trying to isolate it but it happens ~every other drive, and I can't move around while I'm driving to listen to it. It's gonna take a few trips with people riding shotgun to find it. I keep moving stuff around in the center console hoping it's something I put in there, but it doesn't seem to be.

It's pretty faint, but constant when it happens.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
All rattles are stoppable. Finding their cause or exact location is often the hard part.

I posted concerns on this forum a while back expressing hope that Tesla does a lot to mitigate NVH, while reflecting on others experience with rattles in Model 3/Y, and provided video links of testimonials. But some users apparently misunderstood my posts as attempts to push FUD maybe, instead of perceiving my posts as constructive so I got a lot of push back.

Maybe posting some videos of the rattles/sounds would be helpful, and possibly aide collaboration to share fixes once causes for certain rattles that may be a trend, are discovered.

I am glad that Tesla has specific tracks with rumble strips and bumps to test for rattles and NVH mitigation, but maybe there needs to be some additional sections to simulate more of what people experience in the wild.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored