HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
He probably figured that after a couple of months there was no longer any point and just moved on. After all, we are unimportant.
Over the years Elon has constantly emphasized how important Tesla's customers are and he often elaborates that Tesla's entire reason for being is for the customers.

I suspect the delay in releasing the Cybertruck was due to a change in strategy or some design/build issues they had to work out first. I'm hoping it doesn't mean the Cybertruck will be delayed.

You can be sure it's not because Elon doesn't think the customers are important!
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
He probably figured that after a couple of months there was no longer any point and just moved on. After all, we are unimportant.
I think Elon is always just keeping people on their toes. He's always making predictions for the vehicles and FSD that he obviously knows is false. He said FSD will be level 5 by the end of this year and while I really really hope i'm wrong, I can't believe that it'll be anything more than maybe level 3 on highways and that's extremely unlikely due to getting regulatory approval by the end of the year.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla wants the revenue stream from the Cybertruck ASAP. The demand for the truck is well beyond any vehicle that they currently manufacture. They will most likely require 5-years just to catch up with orders currently in the system. We need to remember that the Cybertruck was revealed a short 19-months ago.

Rumors are that the concept truck was not assembled using an monocoque exoskeleton because of time constraints. My best guess is that the concept Cybertruck was assembled using a modified Model S chassis and placing a custom made stainless steel pickup body on top.

There was a lot of design and engineering work that needed to be accomplished. This work is supposedly completed now according to Elon, so now the focus is finishing the assembly plant (65% complete) and fine tuning assembly procedures and production machinery required for full scale production. There are rumors that this work is secretly happening at Fremont with a pilot assembly line and production machinery that will be transported to Austin once it ready.

I can share one fact however. It’s going to be an exciting time for reservation holders in the next 6-months. This will include the 8-ton Idra Giga casting machine installation, the public reveal of the production Cybertruck, the posting and hiring for TX assembly line positions, possible SOP for some lucky early reservation holders in Nov/Dec, etc. Bring on the Cybertruck!

Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! 14C1FCB7-0118-461C-9BD6-F8D2164075F2

Last edited:

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
thanks for the reassurance.....I am just worried because had to re-install email and my whole CyberTruck file was deleted somehow......now I don't have any emails from Tesla regarding my order....only shows on my account page....without FSD....oh well, it a waiting game any way.....now that the rains have stopped in Austin, maybe they can catch up....but most of the work seems to be inside..... thanks again
Sorry that happened, I am going to print out a "hard copy" and put it in my vault.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla wants the revenue stream from the Cybertruck ASAP. The demand for the truck is well beyond any vehicle that they currently manufacture. They will most likely require 5-years just to catch up with orders currently in the system. We need to remember that the Cybertruck was revealed a short 19-months ago.

Rumors are that the concept truck was not assembled using an monocoque exoskeleton because of time constraints. My best guess is that the concept Cybertruck was assembled using a modified Model S chassis and placing a custom made stainless steel pickup body on top.

There was a lot of design and engineering work that needed to be accomplished. This work is supposedly completed now according to Elon, so now the focus is finishing the assembly plant (65% complete) and fine tuning assembly procedures and production machinery required for full scale production. There are rumors that this work is secretly happening at Fremont with a pilot assembly line and production machinery that will be transported to Austin once it ready.

I can share one fact however. It’s going to be an exciting time for reservation holders in the next 6-months. This will include the 8-ton Idra Giga casting machine installation, the public reveal of the production Cybertruck, the posting and hiring for TX assembly line positions, possible SOP for some lucky early reservation holders in Nov/Dec, etc. Bring on the Cybertruck!

14C1FCB7-0118-461C-9BD6-F8D2164075F2.jpeg
No, the first Cybertruck was custom fabricated from the ground up as a custom, one-off vehicle. It doesn't have a Model S chassis, the dimensions are all wrong, the suspension is all wrong. Then they made a few more iterations, each one an improvement of the previous. They were proof of concept vehicles which will soon turn into the production vehicle.

I think Tesla will make so many they will blow through the order backlog in 2-3 years. Many pre-orders will drop out but new orders will grow faster than orders are cancelled resulting in a perpetual state of having to order well in advance. It might be the biggest order backlog in history for any vehicle actually in production. Maybe after 5-6 years they will finally be able to meet new demand.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
No, the first Cybertruck was custom fabricated from the ground up as a custom, one-off vehicle. It doesn't have a Model S chassis, the dimensions are all wrong, the suspension is all wrong. Then they made a few more iterations, each one an improvement of the previous. They were proof of concept vehicles which will soon turn into the production vehicle.

I think Tesla will make so many they will blow through the order backlog in 2-3 years. Many pre-orders will drop out but new orders will grow faster than orders are cancelled resulting in a perpetual state of having to order well in advance. It might be the biggest order backlog in history for any vehicle actually in production. Maybe after 5-6 years they will finally be able to meet new demand.
I haven't checked but i'm pretty sure no other vehicle has ever come close to have a million preorders before production even begins. If we are talking about actual order backlog with people that already paid, that's really up to Tesla to decide how long before an expected delivery before someone pays. If they actually reach their goal of 300,000 per year and ask people to pay lets say 3 months in advance (random number), then we can expect ~75,000 people who have paid waiting for their vehicle at any one time once production reaches it's peak.

Edit: I guess it's pretty obvious no other vehicle has reached a million preorders since the Cybertruck was the first to have just a $100 refundable deposit as far as i know.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It’s going to be an exciting time for reservation holders in the next 6-months.
Starting in the next 11 days (Q2). I am crossing my fingers you are right. Without any news, I may drift into ICEland.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't checked but i'm pretty sure no other vehicle has ever come close to have a million preorders before production even begins. If we are talking about actual order backlog with people that already paid, that's really up to Tesla to decide how long before an expected delivery before someone pays. If they actually reach their goal of 300,000 per year and ask people to pay lets say 3 months in advance (random number), then we can expect ~75,000 people who have paid waiting for their vehicle at any one time once production reaches it's peak.

Edit: I guess it's pretty obvious no other vehicle has reached a million preorders since the Cybertruck was the first to have just a $100 refundable deposit as far as i know.
I think you're right, at least I can't think of any other vehicle with so many reservations. And it's important to realize that Tesla considers the $100 a reservation deposit, not a pre-order. In other words, it's not a purchase/sale agreement, it's simply a statement of intent and the $100 is fully refundable upon demand.

I don't think Tesla will ask reservationists to pay months in advance. They will probably do it as they have been doing with the Model 3 and Model Y - you don't have to pay until Tesla provides you with the VIN number of a specific car they are preparing to deliver to you. And even then, it's just a purchase deposit of a couple thousand dollars or so. Both of my Tesla were paid for with a cashiers check on the day of delivery for the entire amount (minus the small amount of money that was a purchase deposit after they assigned a VIN# to me).

Tesla has something like $7 or $9 billion dollars in cash/cash equivalents so they are not interested in holding large deposits over time. It offers no real benefit to them. They don't need it.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Starting in the next 11 days (Q2). I am crossing my fingers you are right. Without any news, I may drift into ICEland.
Someone has to buy all those ICE trucks they have sitting on lots! I encourage everyone in front of my Cybertruck reservations to see what kind of bargains you can strike with your favorite ICE dealer. ;)

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Kinda wish he would just shut his yap unless he has something to say. Its annoying the way he toys with his faithful.
If he didn't say anything people would be complaining and wondering if he is on his way to Mars in suspended Teslaform animation. He can't win!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If he didn't say anything people would be complaining and wondering if he is on his way to Mars in suspended Teslaform animation. He can't win!
If he were headed to Mars, I’m sure there would be a large cohort of others wanting to go with him.

Bezos is planning to take a quick trip to space but I doubt he would a similar cohort. I’m not sure why he is planning the personal space trip. Not enough testing yet so I don’t trust Bezos’ rocket enough to take his flight.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
If Bozos does go up, up, and away... never to return, more than a few (million) people will say that that is a good thing.

I can say that because...
My forum avatar is Zorak (with the flamethrower at the talent show).
Zorak is Pure Evil, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not enough testing yet so I don’t trust Bezos’ rocket enough to take his flight.
Bezos' rocket has tests for ten years, and the company has been flying for fifteen.

A crazy amount of tests, honestly, the test cycle for Falcon 9 Dragon Crew was planned and completed inside that time period!

It's been kinda over-tested.

-Crissa

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Yes, Bezos did fly away, barely making it into someone's definition of "space". This makes Bezos the grande wiener of the the billionaire pigs in space race. Sir Richard of Virgin will have to settle for a distant second.
For the record, If Elon really wanted to, he could have long ago gone far farther into the void.. But his dreams are far larger, and very likely unachievable. ... Mars. .....Really?
The sad ending to this story is when Bezos came back.

In other news, two separate sources report that foundation work for the not-quite-over-nine-thousand ton Gigapress has begun. Jeff Roberts got the scoop Aug 8, and Joe Tegtmeyer seems to have confirmed this in this morning's Drone Video.

So here's the Delusional timeline....
Aug 8, Foundation work begun....
Aug 18, Foundation install completed. ( this will go quick)
Sept 18 Waiting. The concrete has to cure for at least a month if they are going to be putting multi-ton machines on it.
Sept 25. Begin installing larger gigapress.
Nov 7. First Test of gigapress
Nov 14. Actual CT castings are casted. Now The fun begins!
Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING!

Nov 15. My hope is that at the moment the first good CT castings are ready, They already have,
sitting there waiting, all the other parts they need to put together a few updated prototypes.

"A Month or so" after the casting machine is running, should be..... right around...

Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! iu

This assumes Elon wasn't trolling us when he said we would get to see an updated prototype before the devil is dodging snowflakes.
Sponsored