What are teenagers problems with Cybertruck?

OP
OP
SGAstros

SGAstros

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, GR86, Bronco
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Interesting. I’ve found it to be the opposite. Some of the most interested people turn out to be the homeless I run across during my time downtown. They’re super interested.

Have had full on conversations with several of them. They all seem to love it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if anyone is wondering why so many people think Tesla drivers are douche bag assholes, you’re the reason.

“I’m sorry you’re poor.” Seriously? 🙄
Same. My favorite convos with people about it are the ones where they’ve never even heard of it before. Had one guy ask me if I built it, like a project car. Their minds are typically blown.
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X Performance, CT soon.
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t know if others have similar experience, but as I drive around in CT, most reactions are good/fun, but I’ve had several teenagers flip me off, yell “I hate your truck”, and just today, a girl roll down her window and just yell “F*ck You”.

Perhaps it’s the storyline that they’re dangerous? Or bad for the environment? Something on TikTok saying they’re evil?
Or envious. Resent…..not having.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I don’t know if others have similar experience, but as I drive around in CT, most reactions are good/fun, but I’ve had several teenagers flip me off, yell “I hate your truck”, and just today, a girl roll down her window and just yell “F*ck You”.

Perhaps it’s the storyline that they’re dangerous? Or bad for the environment? Something on TikTok saying they’re evil?
They’re just teenagers. They love to hate stuff. They might think that Elon is a bad man, because he’s a better troll than they are. He also has more followers.

I don’t know how we got to the point that if you like something, you have to hate everything else. No wonder everyone is so anxious and depressed these days.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Never be concerned by what a teenager thinks. They are toddlers in a larger body.

sniperk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It's been 2 nasty people out of 8 impressed people. One of the nasty ones yells at me, "your truck sucks", and the other woman just shook her head. Both on their mid 30s.
The rest of the people love it, i'm surprised very young kids 4-8 year old are the most impressed. I also had a weird amount of grandmothers give me complements.
I do have to admit that guy that yelled at me ruined my day

Carmino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck Foundation AWD
All groups of teenagers I've driven by have been overwhelmingly enthusiastic about it. One group pulled up in an Escalade and were cheering out the windows and went wild when I did a pull for them.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
nope…

…this is the dumbest thread ever

I would be dead if I cared what others think of me.. not to mention my silly wedge on wheels…

$0.02

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
The only negative I’ve experienced was a 5’4” muscular guy with a beard the size of his own head that looked like he was compensating for something. All he did was shake his head.
And instantly, two 20 something girls screamed at me while they drove passed - “We love your truck!” 🤔🫢🙄
Opposite reasons within the same minute in Texas. 😆

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
My daughter asked me not to bring the truck through the Starbucks where she works because “she” doesn’t want the attention from her co-workers.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
I took my 17 year old niece and some of her friends to the mall in my Lightning. They loved the frunk when I put all their bags in there. I said "my frunk is going to be a bit smaller soon when my CT gets here."

I didn't expect the negative reaction at this point, but they all basically told me I was awful for buying it. The only one who gave a reason was that it is incredibly unsafe with no crumple zone, any occupant gets severely hurt in a crash even if the truck looks fine. Then that's all they talked about, how unsafe the CT was, until I dropped them off at home.
So who's lying to them?

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. I’ve found it to be the opposite. Some of the most interested people turn out to be the homeless I run across during my time downtown. They’re super interested.

Have had full on conversations with several of them. They all seem to love it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's pretty cool. Hmm, if you're living in a car at the moment the Cybertruck might just be an awesome upgrade. Having electric outlets alone is a huge bonus.

CGIIRL

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founder Cyberbeast , 3 Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Pretty sure I could give a crap what teenagers think.

OP
OP
SGAstros

SGAstros

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, GR86, Bronco
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Pretty sure I could give a crap what teenagers think.
I didn’t say that I care what they think, I don’t. But I am curious some of the reasons, and it’s been interesting to hear other owner’s exp with different groups.
Sponsored