What tests/videos should Tesla make for Cybertruck launch event and for media to use?

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Tesla needs to put out some quality (non-potato cam) media of Cybertruck. I want an all out meltdown of the internet on a weekly basis.
  1. Tug of war with the competition.
  2. Ascending the huge sand dune (Elon's Idea)
  3. Load/unloading of cargo at capacity vs competitor
  4. Towing the starship to the launch pad
  5. Matt from Demolition Ranch shooting Elon's Cybertruck and Elon shooting Matt's F150 Raptor
  6. Highway rock test on windshield (I dont want to spend another second at Safelite)
  7. World Series commercial: Baseball hitting the driver's window like a foul ball as a kids baseball game.
  8. Superbowl commercial: Parking lot tailgating in a Cybertruck
  9. Christmas commercial: Santa (Elon in suit) driving the cybertruck (wrapped as a sled) with the reindeer being pulled on a trailer and presents stored in the vault
  10. Moab and Rubicon Trail for offroad & rock crawling
  11. Launching the Cybertruck off the Glamis Dunes
  12. Moose test
  13. 0-60 and quarter mile versus a Porche, Corvette and maybe a new Ford GT (numbers are the same)
  14. Simulate a hail storm on a cybertruck and F150
  15. Tank Turn
  16. Auto Hitch
  17. Trailering with AP/FSD
  18. Sandy Munro taking it over the logs
  19. SpaceX engineer using boat mode to cross water from San Padre Island to Boa Chica
  20. Elon going Back to the Future but hitting 69 mph
  21. Crash Tests
  22. Interior noise test
  23. Camping with Space Camper
  24. Show Cybertruck pulling a trailer through a V4 and/or MC stall; showing rate of charge
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla needs to put out some quality (non-potato cam) media of Cybertruck. I want an all out meltdown of the internet on a weekly basis.
  1. Tug of war with the competition.
  2. Ascending the huge sand dune (Elon's Idea)
  3. Load/unloading of cargo at capacity vs competitor
  4. Towing the starship to the launch pad
  5. Matt from Demolition Ranch shooting Elon's Cybertruck and Elon shooting Matt's F150 Raptor
  6. Highway rock test on windshield (I dont want to spend another second at Safelite)
  7. World Series commercial: Baseball hitting the driver's window like a foul ball as a kids baseball game.
  8. Superbowl commercial: Parking lot tailgating in a Cybertruck
  9. Christmas commercial: Santa (Elon in suit) driving the cybertruck (wrapped as a sled) with the reindeer being pulled on a trailer and presents stored in the vault
  10. Moab and Rubicon Trail for offroad & rock crawling
  11. Launching the Cybertruck off the Glamis Dunes
  12. Moose test
  13. 0-60 and quarter mile versus a Porche, Corvette and maybe a new Ford GT (numbers are the same)
  14. Simulate a hail storm on a cybertruck and F150
  15. Tank Turn
  16. Auto Hitch
  17. Trailering with AP/FSD
  18. Sandy Munro taking it over the logs
  19. SpaceX engineer using boat mode to cross water from San Padre Island to Boa Chica
  20. Elon going Back to the Future but hitting 69 mph
  21. Crash Tests
  22. Interior noise test
  23. Camping with Space Camper
  24. Show Cybertruck pulling a trailer through a V4 and/or MC stall; showing rate of charge
2, 3, 10, 12, 16, 17, 21

I have no doubt that they will produce what they want to produce

Deleted member 12457

All these ideas, except for those in @Jhodgesatmb comment, are typical of the garbage and fakeness portrayed by other car manufacturers. A very small percentage of buyers will ever do even half the things mentioned so why spend any money on them?

The only things I really want are:
1. Updated Tesla website for Cybertruck
2. Exact dimensions, inside and outside
3. 3D model of at least the outside so third-party and potential users can begin designing extra things to attach to the CT, including racks, tents, etc.
4. Options available at purchase, e.g., wheel/tire size, seat covering, interior accent colors, ????
5. Final steering wheel configuration
6. I can't think of anything else because this is a simple truck and I'd like to see it kept that way. Not a lot of lipstick options. Leave that for third-party custom shops.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
When they deliver the first trucks they will ā€˜haveā€™ to provide the user manual and all of these items will be public.

I suspect that the website will be updated before (or very close in time to) the delivery event. After all, those early recipients will need to configure their vehicles and pay for them. One cannot do that for an auto maker that does everything on its website or app without a website and app.

OP
OP

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When they deliver the first trucks they will ā€˜haveā€™ to provide the user manual and all of these items will be public.

I suspect that the website will be updated before (or very close in time to) the delivery event. After all, those early recipients will need to configure their vehicles and pay for them. One cannot do that for an auto maker that does everything on its website or app without a website and app.
I highly doubt that the website will be updated with all the specs/options before the launch event. Maybe during the event.

They are only going to get out a few hundred units out by year end and most will be to Tesla staff and supplier partners. I would be surprised if there are any options on the launch event vehicles. They could roll out some no thrill accessories but they wont effect production. Ex. all weather floor mats, window shades, pet liners...

OP
OP

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It would be nice if the video showed how fast a contractor can replace his blown out tire with the onboard spare and get to his next appointment.

OP
OP

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be nice if the video showed how fast a contractor can replace his blown out tire with the onboard spare and get to his next appointment.
Tesla Cybertruck What tests/videos should Tesla make for Cybertruck launch event and for media to use? 1691534680139

I think with the frunk pictures this week, the spare storage space up there is confirmed not to exist but Iā€™m still holding hope on behind the rear motors, below the in bed storage, hanging from the bottom.
Thatā€™s horse shoe shape gives me hope. If it doesnā€™t make it on the first iteration, maybe in a future refresh with enough feedback. With Tesla sensors, it should be able to detect a blowout and report to them how often that happens.

OP
OP

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All these ideas, except for those in @Jhodgesatmb comment, are typical of the garbage and fakeness portrayed by other car manufacturers. A very small percentage of buyers will ever do even half the things mentioned so why spend any money on them?

The only things I really want are:
1. Updated Tesla website for Cybertruck
2. Exact dimensions, inside and outside
3. 3D model of at least the outside so third-party and potential users can begin designing extra things to attach to the CT, including racks, tents, etc.
4. Options available at purchase, e.g., wheel/tire size, seat covering, interior accent colors, ????
5. Final steering wheel configuration
6. I can't think of anything else because this is a simple truck and I'd like to see it kept that way. Not a lot of lipstick options. Leave that for third-party custom shops.
1.) website update at/during delivery event. Maybe some pictures/clips before.
2.) my guess at delivery event
3.) if Tesla saw a concept they liked, maybe they will get 3D models to those companies early. Doubt it but maybe. They have an in house accessories team for a reason. Aftermarket has plenty of time to design things. This is only the beginning of a unique new product.
4.) I expect extremely limited options at first. Tire/wheel options are a must. It will probably come with road tires for range ratings but they have to have an all terrain option.
5.) if I was a betting man, we are getting the woke. (Square steering wheel)
6.) Simpleā€¦. Itā€™s made of SS, has armor glass, adaptive air suspension, a powered vault cover, 1000V architecture, MW fast charging capability, all wheel steerā€¦ Iā€™ll admit boat mode is a joke in my mind but simple is not a top 10 adjective for cybertruck IMO.

sigintel

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 X5M, 18 Mustang, race: 79 Stang, 93 Miata, 02TT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

But Cybertruck tumbles 5 times and then just drives up and out of water.
Elon driving with family and couple car seats in back.
Sponsored