Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Without wanting to sound too cold hearted about it I'm hoping the frunk has a built in ice chest section that is cooled by the HVAC. But either way I like to keep my drawers option on, no matter how hot I get. I'd be happy with a Frunkgate, drawer or grill lift. Actually with a frunkgate you could have an actual grill on the inside of the grill when it folds down. Even just a induction plate zone and a large pan would do.
And a sinkā€¦ donā€™t forget the kitchen sink. The grinder connects to your PTO I believe.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
And a sinkā€¦ donā€™t forget the kitchen sink. The grinder connects to your PTO I believe.
Something like this?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
On the subject of frunks, something Iā€™ve not seen discussed here:

With the Lightning, there appears to be a LOT of engineering and redundancy gone into the frunk latching mechanism. It would appear Fordā€™s engineers had a lot of anxiety about the frunk coming open at speed.

What I canā€™t understand is the engineering basis of this apparent anxiety. Afterall, all vehicles without frunks, and instead with engines, have hoods that latch pretty simply and with no similar degree of apparent engineering anxiety.

Now, the most obvious difference compared to a standard hood is the automation of the Lightningā€™s opening and closing. Perhaps the engineering of an automated latch/unlatch creates more possibility of a latching failure. If nothing else, it certainly puts all the blame of an unintentional opening on the vehicle (as opposed to someone who simply didnā€™t close the hood ā€œrightā€).

Perhaps thatā€™s all there is to the story of the seemingly anxious Ford frunk engineers.

What I donā€™t know: are all current Tesla frunks manual like any normal ICE hood? Thatā€™s my unexplored understanding.

Any thoughts on whether Tesla would depart from manual for the CT frunk?

Have to say, Iā€™ve come to really rely on and enjoy the Lightningā€™s automated open/close of the frunk. Eg if Iā€™m going to have two bags in my hands on the way out of the store, I make sure to have my fob in hand so that I can open the funk as I approach.

Not all Lightning owners love it, but most complaints seem to be directed towards the beeping warning noises the truck makes before opening or during closing. Did I mention the frunk engineers appear nervous?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Good idea.
You can just plug the sink macerator into the ePTO plug for running that.
Or your front mounted stump grinder.
Or wood chipper., after you use the winch to drag wood out of the forrest.
šŸ¤£

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
WHatif the item is in the back of all that stuff. You'd reach over and get it.

As pretty as this picture is, whatif you've travelled , now you have to worry how you pack it.

All the small things flying all over the pace , spilling out the frunk as you open it.

Keystone cops moment as we catch the falling objects with our feet, swing down like a monkey to grasp falling objects.

Yea baby... !!!! :p

1676601280695.png

But if there was an option to swing the front down, now that would be useful. Very desirable, but since we can reach in easily enough, is it necessary ?
Necessary or not it would be better.

If it's remote auto opening you could activate it in amphibious mode and play whale to catch fish and plankton.

You know what they say about teaching a man to fish...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If it's remote auto opening you could activate it in amphibious mode and play whale to catch fish and plankton.
You cannot activate the frunk while the vehicle is moving.

Also taking on water faster seems like a quick way to the bottom.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Necessary or not it would be better.

You know what they say about teaching a man to fish...
Like Give a man a Pizza Oven

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
WHatif the item is in the back of all that stuff. You'd reach over and get it.

As pretty as this picture is, whatif you've travelled , now you have to worry how you pack it.

All the small things flying all over the pace , spilling out the frunk as you open it.

Keystone cops moment as we catch the falling objects with our feet, swing down like a monkey to grasp falling objects.

Yea baby... !!!! :p

1676601280695.png

But if there was an option to swing the front down, now that would be useful. Very desirable, but since we can reach in easily enough, is it necessary ?
Stuff potentially falling out when door/lid is opened is a common problem with vehicle trunks & van trunks that is solved inexpensively by putting a detachable netting across the opening.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You cannot activate the frunk while the vehicle is moving.

Also taking on water faster seems like a quick way to the bottom.

I am making light of the fact that I thought we wouldn't have a opening CT grill because of amphibious mode.

You could always stop and open the frunk, and then drive off. I'm really keen to see how the amphibious mode will work and what parts of the vehicle can be left open or not.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles