FRUNK on the Cybertruck?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Do we need to slide it out, when it seems pretty easy to reach into-
FYI, my camera angle discussion was related to the visibility (sensors and visual) that was brought up with multi-use frunk/front-trunks.
Beyond the simplistic example of groceries bags ... sure.
Imagine the possibility of all types of things that you can store there for home and work uses.
Not only bulk but also weight. Luggage, coolers, golf clubs, power saws, cement bags, potting soil,

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? kNwA8d3

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? MDOQXPD

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? n2BHEgm

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? Tj2eCBH

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? bPHVOPJ

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? MADZiy

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Organisation is key, but the main reason for the slide out is to access that massive volume of space under the CT dash that is hard to get to otherwise.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? 1676567232100

The Frunk is a child carrier? Amazing.

Ford should have an aftermarket Ford baby spinning mobile to hang inside the frunk then. Could have all current model years hanging from it or maybe a Ford classics Mobile

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? 1676572353595

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
As far as I am concerned I could care if the frunk opens with the grill or without as loading should be easy enough. I just hope it is power. I love when I have to load the Lightning and just hit the FOB. My wifes Model Y frunk feels flimsy when you have to close it and because it is so small and manual lift we never even think about using it.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
1676567232100.png

The Frunk is a child carrier? Amazing.
I’ve had a Lightning for over 7 months now, and still forget the frunk is available. For some things, like groceries, the frunk is now a go-to by pure muscle memory.

but when I saw the picture of changing the baby, I suddenly remembered all the awkward diapers I’ve changed with my toddler laying sort of crumpled at an angle in the passenger seat.

I will be using the frunk diaper changing station a lot in the future (so long as I remember it’s there!).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
“Need”? No.

It would be a nice feature if the trunk opened flush with the top of the lights. But it is not a “Need” for either me nor for the truck to be popular.
that said, I think folks can underappreciate both the size and the ergonomics of trucks.

I remember not too long ago people question why Ford et al have tailgates with deploying steps. “Can’t you just step up on the bumper and then the tailgate.” Person who made that comment was in disbelief to find that the top of the bumper is a full two feet off the ground. For many over 40 years old, that can be an Olympic event with both hands free. Add a 50lb bag of concrete….

As for a frunk, put a modestly loaded medium sized ice chest with its handles at chest height, then say “all you have to do is with straight arms raise that to head height!”

Not quite a “need“ to have the option to instead slide the ice chest straight forward at chest height, but neither is it nothing

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I’ve had a Lightning for over 7 months now, and still forget the frunk is available. For some things, like groceries, the frunk is now a go-to by pure muscle memory.

but when I saw the picture of changing the baby, I suddenly remembered all the awkward diapers I’ve changed with my toddler laying sort of crumpled at an angle in the passenger seat.

I will be using the frunk diaper changing station a lot in the future (so long as I remember it’s there!).
I only use my frunk for takeout, especially Indian food, delicious but smell can last for days in the main cabin 😂

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Back To Frunk

1676532924220.png
Fair Call.
So Lightbar goes up with the electric Frunkhood, and maybe just maybe, if you really need to lift in/out the heavies, manually lower Frunkgate(?)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
that said, I think folks can underappreciate both the size and the ergonomics of trucks.

I remember not too long ago people question why Ford et al have tailgates with deploying steps. “Can’t you just step up on the bumper and then the tailgate.” Person who made that comment was in disbelief to find that the top of the bumper is a full two feet off the ground. For many over 40 years old, that can be an Olympic event with both hands free. Add a 50lb bag of concrete….

As for a frunk, put a modestly loaded medium sized ice chest with its handles at chest height, then say “all you have to do is with straight arms raise that to head height!”

Not quite a “need“ to have the option to instead slide the ice chest straight forward at chest height, but neither is it nothing
Frunk opening being out the front and even with the lower lights would be much better for loading and unloading for certain. An ice chest is a good example.

Cybertruck should end-around the tailgate step issue. It looks like they will be able to lower the rear enough where you can get in and out without adding stairs.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Back To Frunk

1676532924220.png
Fair Call.
So Lightbar goes up with the electric Frunkhood, and maybe just maybe, if you really need to lift in/out the heavies, manually lower Frunkgate(?)
Before any of that, you might want to be a gentleman and give her the opportunity to move out of the way so she doesn't get hit by any of the "heavies" you are working with. She looks interested in the CT. Perhaps offer to let her sit inside the cabin while you (un)load.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Without wanting to sound too cold hearted about it I'm hoping the frunk has a built in ice chest section that is cooled by the HVAC. But either way I like to keep my drawers option on, no matter how hot I get. I'd be happy with a Frunkgate, drawer or grill lift. Actually with a frunkgate you could have an actual grill on the inside of the grill when it folds down. Even just a induction plate zone and a large pan would do.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
WHatif the item is in the back of all that stuff. You'd reach over and get it.

As pretty as this picture is, whatif you've travelled , now you have to worry how you pack it.

All the small things flying all over the pace , spilling out the frunk as you open it.

Keystone cops moment as we catch the falling objects with our feet, swing down like a monkey to grasp falling objects.

Yea baby... !!!! :p

Tesla Cybertruck FRUNK on the Cybertruck? 1676601280695

But if there was an option to swing the front down, now that would be useful. Very desirable, but since we can reach in easily enough, is it necessary ?
Sponsored