When do you think we will hear the production specs of the Cybertruck?

When do you think Tesla will provide an update on the Cybertruck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Just so everyone knows.. "In a month or so" is a great way to answer your spouse when she ask you to do something. Because According to Elon Musk it means whenever I want at some point in the future.
Dangerous advice and a world of difference:

1 - Elon's "a month or so" causes a lot of bickering on CT owners club and has absolutely no impact on him except may be some entertainment. We will still pay him for CT, he will still get richer.

2 - Hubbies "a month or so" is an entirely different story. The phrase goes into a database for reuse for the rest of your married life. Any request especially the important one will be followed by a headache that will last "a month or so".

Why do you think Elon has been divorced three times? He just can't stop saying "in a month or so"
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While the tri motor Cybertruck will be in production before the single motor Cybertruck in 2023, that’s when the rest of the information about the Cybertruck will materialize in real world specs.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Just before the truck production begins. Too early, creates too much drama. Late, and people will leak info, and it will be wrong or driven by agenda. peace

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Shees. I'm up, then I'm down. I think it'll happen quick, then I wait some more. It may very well be that we have to wait until Sandy Munro does a complete teardown after the CT is released, to get the specs. (Sick-of-waiting emoji)

Killjoy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
Honestly, the only thing I've been waiting to here is if the Passthrough from the Cab to the Bed made the cut, for me Camping with the CB along with the passthrough makes it totally awesome!.
A little worried about the rear-turning wheels and such, as that sounds like a lot more tech/design and additional cost for "competition's sake" with the Rivian Tank-Turn/Hummer Crab-Crawl gimmicks, when as a truck it already turned corners just fine in my opinion.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Expecting no specification. None.

Pilot line will inform GigaAUSTIN.

GigaAUSTIN will inform a new TruckPLANT.

Then specs should be published. There will be AustinCT’s, and Truckplant CT’s that I am expecting Tesla to build as a separate facility for Semi and CT.

CT’s may vary fit and trim, battery, battery chemistry and structurally i suspect that IDRA castings will vary over time. I hope.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Shees. I'm up, then I'm down. I think it'll happen quick, then I wait some more. It may very well be that we have to wait until Sandy Munro does a complete teardown after the CT is released, to get the specs. (Sick-of-waiting emoji)
Sadly you may be right, or along those lines. As I recall, people found out the specs on the Model Y when they got the manuals.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Honestly, the only thing I've been waiting to here is if the Passthrough from the Cab to the Bed made the cut, for me Camping with the CB along with the passthrough makes it totally awesome!.
A little worried about the rear-turning wheels and such, as that sounds like a lot more tech/design and additional cost for "competition's sake" with the Rivian Tank-Turn/Hummer Crab-Crawl gimmicks, when as a truck it already turned corners just fine in my opinion.
Elon musk doesn't do things because of competition. He does them because they make sense. The CT is large and people have posted videos showing it having some difficulty with corners and it would have difficulty with parking lots/spaces. I have no doubt (and Elon's comments mirror this) that the rear wheel turning is purely a functional decision.
Sponsored