Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
For those of you who have a Tesla - assuming the re-sale value never recovers, will you be trading it up for the Cybertruck and take a hit or are you keeping both?

Ballers are welcome to answer, but I'm more interested in those with more restricted budgets (asking for a friend).
When my Cybertruck arrives, if it does, I will sell my 2018 M3 LR RWD to a friend, to which I promise I would!
Sponsored

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
Original Plan: Trade the 16 Rogue in for the Cybertruck

2nd Plan: Trade in whatever vehicle purchased that replaced the 16 Rogue to buy Cybertruck.

Current Plan: Move my pride and joy into weekend mode, purchase Cybertruck in cash (if possible).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For those of you who have a Tesla - assuming the re-sale value never recovers, will you be trading it up for the Cybertruck and take a hit or are you keeping both?

Ballers are welcome to answer, but I'm more interested in those with more restricted budgets (asking for a friend).
If TSLA hits the ATH between now and then, I’ll just buy it.

If it does not, I’ll have to make a call. I’ve been considering trading in my Model Y, then leasing a Model 3 so I’m not slapped with 2 big payments at the same time. I hate having 2 car payments.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I plan on selling off vehicles. But not the Electric versions. So, yeah, the F250 will either be sold or rebuilt as a project car then sold as an antique. The only vehicles that I plan on keeping are the Model Y, the Cybertruck, and my 66 Galaxie that I may electrify too. Until the charging network gets stronger (at least equal to Tesla) I don't plan on buying anything other than a Tesla. I really want the Canoo but I don't trust the non-Tesla charging networks to be reliable or economical.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I won't be trading in my 2013 MS when CT arrived. I will use it to and back from work daily. CT will be use leisurely.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Originally I was going to sell my F350 and put the profits towards the CT. However, I sold my F350 in 2021 and got my model Y in November of that year. Now, wifey and I are looking at selling her civic, putting that money towards the CT, and having her take over the model Y because she loves it.

Unless her civic craps out on us sooner and has to be replaced, I'm really hoping to stick with that plan and become a 2 Tesla household.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

the wife would kill me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I plan on selling off vehicles. But not the Electric versions. So, yeah, the F250 will either be sold or rebuilt as a project car then sold as an antique. The only vehicles that I plan on keeping are the Model Y, the Cybertruck, and my 66 Galaxie that I may electrify too. Until the charging network gets stronger (at least equal to Tesla) I don't plan on buying anything other than a Tesla. I really want the Canoo but I don't trust the non-Tesla charging networks to be reliable or economical.
Yeah, this is the main plan, sell the Subaru and buy the Cybertruck. Subaru isn’t a big down payment though, just a bit of a tease.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Yeah, this is the main plan, sell the Subaru and buy the Cybertruck. Subaru isn’t a big down payment thougjust a bit of a tease.
I've been trying to save money for a down payment. I expect my place in line to land sometime within 2024, so if I continue to save and not spend recklessly, I will be able to sell my old truck and add to a decent down payment.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Baller here, but my wife says I'm actually not. Who you gonna believe. :cool:

This is my plan of action:
1) Convince my wife to trade in her Bolt, take my Model X, and then add the CT as our second car.
2) When that fails, trade in the Model X (assuming I can get ~$65k for it or so).
3) If I can't get the trade value on the X, begrudgingly accept that my X is still a phenomenal car and I don't need to actually have a CT right now.
4) Buy it anyway and convince my brother to buy it off me but let me ride in it every once in a while.

I've gotten really used to having 3 rows in the X, and it wouldn't be the worst to keep it. Plus I rarely tow over the 5k lb limit anyway, and my box trailer is basically a bed on extra wheels.
She would rather have a BOLT than an X? Have you taken her in for a psychiatric evaluation yet? Sounds like she needs her medications adjusted.

Last edited:

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag

We currently have a Model 3. Will be selling our Lincoln Hybrid and an old pickup truck to purchase the Cybertruck. Model 3 will be sold and a new Model Y will be purchased. Completely electric at that point.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Tesla Model 3 in our household belongs to my spouse. I'm hanging on to my 2006 Tacoma Truck until my reservation # comes up. "Come on baby...you can make it!"
Sponsored