With Overseas reservations being refunded, how will that affect your place in line?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
***** Apparently, this is not the case. It appears that while orders have been stopped, Tesla has not cancelled any and probably won't. Sorry for passing on bad info. *****

II haven't verified it yet, but it looks like Tesla is cancelling and refunding overseas reservations. That should move us all up the list a little. Whoever controls the list, can you make that adjustment so we can get a feel to where we will be in the list now?

***THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED***
It was reported but there wasn't any proof that Tesla is actually doing this. It was credible enough that it was presented on a Youtube channel I trust but he did not say it was confirmed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 5322

I haven't verified it yet, but it looks like Tesla is cancelling and refunding overseas reservations. That should move us all up the list a little. Whoever controls the list, can you make that adjustment so we can get a feel to where we will be in the list now?
No way! I am getting a little bit nervous about our (American) orders.
Could it be just a beginning of the Cybertruck end?
I hope no, because i drive my prius more than 2 years already waiting for my cybertruck. Otherwise, I would already buy a 2022 GMC Yukon fully loaded; it looks like it costs the same as CT3 is.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
No way! I am getting a little bit nervous about our (American) orders.
Could it be just a beginning of the Cybertruck end?
I hope no, because i drive my prius more than 2 years already waiting for my cybertruck. Otherwise, I would already buy a 2022 GMC Yukon fully loaded; it looks like it costs the same as CT3 is.
You don't have to worry about US orders. There is NO WAY that Tesla gives up this space. Too many eyes are on it.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
So far just a rumor, no one is showing an email from Tesla.

About a quarter to a fifth of orders were non-North America. Ten percent EU, three percent Australia, etc.

-Crissa
Right. I tried to be precise in the fact that it isn't substantiated yet. I'll make it more obvious.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Doesn’t affect me a bit one way or the other. Most likely doesn’t affect anyone who’s RN was below 400k or so.

It’s unlikely Tesla would have started exporting Cybertrucks for at least a year or two until after deliveries started. I’ll have mine by then. The folks in the 500+ club can celebrate a bit I guess?

About a quarter to a fifth of orders were non-North America. Ten percent EU, three percent Australia, etc.
Hadn’t paid attention to this number… means I have a solid chance of getting one of the first ~48k Cybertrucks. If attrition is high, maybe under 30k. Hmm, if I can eliminate a few more folks on paper, mine might be coming next week. I’d better get that wall connector installed!

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This comment on Reddit (read the comments by enchangedspring) is where I think the rumor of them refunding EU orders started. Its what I’ve seen posted elsewhere.

Tesla Cybertruck With Overseas reservations being refunded, how will that affect your place in line? 1652751490231

Oddly specific details always make me wonder about authenticity: “at 8:03am”

So grain of salt for the moment.

Source:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Europe was always going to have a delay. Tesla would probably gather 1000 orders of CT S&X before they bothered with a boat load.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they were being refunded, wouldn't someone on the forum get refunded?
Yep

Funny how one weird Reddit post which is never corroborated turns into a big story.

In six months people will be saying “Didn’t they refund all the EU orders” whether or not it’s ever corroborated.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If they were being refunded, wouldn't someone on the forum get refunded?

-Crissa
Nothing yet 🤞, Tesla were at the Fully Charged Show here in the U.K. the other week and I had a good chat with one of the guys on the stand, he thinks we will be getting a left hand drive static CT here to go around the country once production starts.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My order has not been cancelled in Australia.
And the news reports all have the same recycled and unsubstantiated "But it's too pointy for the road rules" comments which I have never seen backed up by anything.
The internet is a perfect repository for crap. If only we could plant mushrooms on the internet, it would solve world hunger !!!
Sponsored