Would you rather have the base Cybertruck with FSD, or dual motor without FSD for the same price?

Single motor CT with FSD, or dual motor with no FSD for the same price?

• Total voters

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
For the sake of argument, let's say these options work out to cost around the same.
Would you go with the cheapest single motor Cybertruck but add full self driving, or upgrade to the dual motor with no FSD package?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
My return on investment in placing an early reservation was the 7k FSD. As long as Elon keeps that price commitment , I am all in on taking my truck with FSD

cryptobob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I didn't realize that the FSD price was locked in for early reservations? Was that somewhere in writing or is this just speculation? If it is true this would be amazing.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
They even promoted to get reservations in before they raised FSD to 8k and with every increase after. Nothing is written in stone but I believe it would not be a good look to back out of the pricing at time of reservation.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
For the sake of argument, let's say these options work out to cost around the same.
Would you go with the cheapest single motor Cybertruck but add full self driving, or upgrade to the dual motor with no FSD package?

Thoughts?
I had this decision for dual motor MY w/fsd vs MYP without. I went with MYP without

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
I don't have a good answer for that, due to my lifestyle and where I live the 500 mile battery pack is dictating my purchase decision more than anything else. I am hoping to be able to get the dual motor with the long range battery pack but I am not holding my breath. I also have FSD reserved at $7500

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Dual motor may end up being the base with no single motor option.

For me the main value is in range. But since that was not your question, I would take FSD (Full Self Driving) over dual motor. That means if I could get in back seat take a nap with no one behind the wheel and complete a 500 mile trip including city driving with full confidence CT wouldn’t screw anything up, I would take it in a heartbeat. But as Roy up here mentioned if FSD means paying to be Tesla crash dummy, I would take the extra motor.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No question in my mind I’d go with the one with the biggest range.

But if I didn’t camp or and drive 3 hours to ride bikes I might pick different.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Dual motor may end up being the base with no single motor option.

For me the main value is in range. But since that was not your question, I would take FSD (Full Self Driving) over dual motor. That means if I could get in back seat take a nap with no one behind the wheel and complete a 500 mile trip including city driving with full confidence CT wouldn’t screw anything up, I would take it in a heartbeat. But as Roy up here mentioned if FSD means paying to be Tesla crash dummy, I would take the extra motor.
Let me preface by saying I am going off of Solving the money problem and Tesla Daily so strong chance my content in the post is not 100% accurate but just a sense of what I gleaned from listening the past couple days.

If I am not mistaken, Elon shared next gen will be built as autonomous with option to be driven. Next gen will be built at Mexico and next gen starts production when factory opens 9 months after ground breaking if they meet target.

This tells me they have high confidence they have solved or will have solved FSD within 12 months. Our Cybertrucks should not be crash dummies' and fully capable to drive themselves.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
If I am not mistaken, Elon shared next gen will be built as autonomous with option to be driven. Next gen will be built at Mexico and next gen starts production when factory opens 9 months after ground breaking if they meet target.

This tells me they have high confidence they have solved or will have solved FSD within 12 months. Our Cybertrucks should not be crash dummies' and fully capable to drive themselves.

Just my 2 cents
I was saying if there is actually such a decision to be made (motor vs FSD), I only pick FSD if at the time of decision, a fully operational version has already been deployed and tested by independent party. Tesla projection plays no part in my decision. However if your projection is correct, when it is my turn, FSD will be ready. At that time, given a choice between FSD or 100 mile more range, I would take the 100. But between dual or FSD, I would go for FSD.
Sponsored