g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ๐Ÿ“ˆ Q4 2022 Tesla Earnings! Cybertruck Production Remains ON TRACK! Status Still Sits at Tooling Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 2.08.50 PM

Tesla Cybertruck ๐Ÿ“ˆ Q4 2022 Tesla Earnings! Cybertruck Production Remains ON TRACK! Status Still Sits at Tooling 1674681148426

Earnings call link (begins 5:30pm Eastern)

----- CALL HIGHLIGHTS ------
Elon statements:
-Seeing highest order volume YTD in history of Tesla so far, Y price increase were for that reason
-Order volume 2X the annual production rate thus far
-Price drops brought the affordability factor to many more people
-Good progress on cost control
-Berlin / Austin COGS dropping consistently at a fast pace (production ramping)
-FSD beta proving to be quite reliable, good numbers
-4680 production reached 1k cars a week last year, Giga Nevada will be a huge accomplishment in the future, aiming for 1K Gigawatt hours production
-Leaning on suppliers, and this Nevada ramp will be pivotal to cost reduction in the form of scaling
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I remain confident gen 3 platform IS Cybertruck, and March 1st will bring a lot of news. The call is going to be GREAT!! The is a Cybertruck question in the top 10, in top 12 is asking about WHEN we will know cost and specs. Lets see if they go on a tangent and disclose ANYTHING.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Remember when The Semi was going to be built in Austin? I guess they needed the extra room for the 2nd Cybertruck line...?
I think they wanted it closer to the 2170 production.

Looks like the new platform is battery agnostic so if Highlander (next gen Model 3) and Model Y move to 4680, they can shift all 2170 production to supply the Semi.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I remain confident gen 3 platform IS Cybertruck, and March 1st will bring a lot of news. The call is going to be GREAT!! The is a Cybertruck question in the top 10, in top 12 is asking about WHEN we will know cost and specs. Lets see if they go on a tangent and disclose ANYTHING.
They definitely have positioned the Cybertruck closer to โ€œGen 3โ€ here. As a shareholder, I hope when they refer to Gen 3 they are talking about unannounced productions as well.

Personally, Iโ€™m just happy to hear there is a significant Cybertruck update coming in March.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
but 1.3 million produced vehicles... that's awesome, and I believe on target for what most of us on here expected. And just extrapolate if both Berlin and Austin even come anywhere near as close in their second year end totals to that of shanghai's second year end totals, what that means for next years numbers.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
As a former long haul trucker (I hung up my spurs in 2002) I think the Semi has huge potential as a replacement for the Class 8 Tractors.
I'm not real crazy about the center seating for the driver but I haven't driven one so I'll reserve my opinion on the off chance I may get some wheel time on one since I still have a Class A CDL.
They will be used first for manufacturing to distribution centers since chargers can be located at both ends.
Once the big freight lines and LTL carriers realize how much cheaper they are to operate they will drop diesel powered trucks like a bad habit.
Owner operators will eventually come to the party once the big Supercharger stations are installed along major trucking arteries.
This is the future of trucking.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 2.08.50 PM.jpg

1674681148426.jpeg

Earnings call link (begins 5:30pm Eastern)

----- CALL HIGHLIGHTS ------
Elon statements:
-Seeing highest order volume YTD in history of Tesla so far, Y price increase were for that reason
-Order volume 2X the annual production rate thus far
-Price drops brought the affordability factor to many more people
-Good progress on cost control
-Berlin / Austin COGS dropping consistently at a fast pace (production ramping)
-FSD beta proving to be quite reliable, good numbers
-4680 production reached 1k cars a week last year, Giga Nevada will be a huge accomplishment in the future, aiming for 1K Gigawatt hours production
-Leaning on suppliers, and this Nevada ramp will be pivotal to cost reduction in the form of scaling

CYBERTRUCK QUESTIONS/ Statements:

Question:
Is Cybertruck production still on track for mid year?

Answer:
Um, we do expect production to start um sometime this summer. I always try to downplay the start of production, the start is really slow....
Volume production next year.

We've started installing all the production equipment as we can in Giga Texas. We've built all our beta vehicles, more coming in the next month.

Other notable statement
"For 2023 Cybertruck will not be significant for our bottom line. It is an incredible product. It will be what I drive everyday"

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
2024 HERE WE COME!

FFFFFFfffffffffuuuuuu.......

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Volume production could be a little dubious without any indications on run rate so I expect lots and lots of trucks per week to perhaps be closer to if not in 2025. Id love someone to ask if they anticipate all variants to qualify for the tax credit
Sponsored