Reaction score
Website
www.cybertruckphotography.com
Vehicles
2012 JKU Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare Edition
Occupation
Aerospace Photographer
Country flag
I would fly to Austin and drive home in my Cybertruck. I will take my Cybertruck however it is made. 3% smaller, yoke steering wheel, etc

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Most important! We can come pick up the pickup! And he pretty much confirmed dual motor was initial production model.
That sucks. He said the tri would be first for so long and now the dual will be first? Maybe it is because he won’t have the batteries. Motors shouldn’t be a problem.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
That sucks. He said the tri would be first for so long and now the dual will be first? Maybe it is because he won’t have the batteries. Motors shouldn’t be a problem.
I didn't think they ever said which would be first... other than initially saying tri would be later than moving it up and saying single would be later. I think yes it's a battery constraint. I think 500+ mile battery means the high nickel batteries same as semi....

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Yes.

Part of their ability to make these deals is that smaller tunnels have less structure required. Which means smaller machines that can dig more quickly. Encapsulated EVs mean smaller, more independent tunnels with less support systems required.

-Crissa
I can agree with that. I’ve supervised a project building a 800m railroad station with 4 tracks inside a mountain in the middle of a 14km double track tunnel. That’s a lot of securing overhead, curved concrete elements, bolted rods drilled and stuff to stop water ingress. But tunnel size is always adjusted to what it has to be for new safety features, equipment and maybe new trains.

(We usually don’t dig though, sometimes dig/grind with a TBM built in place, but usually and in this case drill and blast).

Still, maybe not a big deal, but I *want* CT to be designed on its own merits as the perfect pickup truck regardless. And would have liked them to say they’re adjusting their tunnel size to fit the CT instead. On the other hand all cars are limited by road size or something already of course.

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
good stuff, although mostly just rehash of things said over and over.

im glad elon noted boats before planes...
would absolutely love to see a tesla supertanker

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
New dimensions with 3% reduction.
New
L: 224.8"
W: 77.5"
H: 72.75"

Old:
L: 231.7"
W: 79.8"
H: 75"

For cross reference.
2020 Toyota Tundra crew max:
L: 228.9"
W: 79.9
H: 76.2

2021 F150 supercrew 5.5ft bed 4x4.

L: 231.7
H: 77.2

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My favorite Elon quote, "You can't talk people out of a good panic, they sure love it."
It does not seem like he is trying to talk people out of climate change and AI panic. Only Corona Virus. Didn’t care much about both of their dismissive attitudes.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
New dimensions with 3% reduction.
New
L: 224.8"
W: 77.5"
H: 72.75"

Old:
L: 231.7"
W: 79.8"
H: 75"

For cross reference.
2020 Toyota Tundra crew max:
L: 228.9"
H: 76.2

2021 F150 supercrew 5.5ft bed 4x4.

L: 231.7
H: 77.2
Thanks - I like the new dimensions/comparison and I am glad to hear they have locked down the design. I am not so sure we can count on fully proportional reduction. I am guessing the width was what made the fit in the tunnel tight. 6" would help in the garage for some, but I suspect most people will still have a problem.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
It does not seem like he is trying to talk people out of climate change and AI panic. Only Corona Virus. Didn’t care much about both of their dismissive attitudes.
Well climate change and AI pose existential challenges. Covid pandemic is horrible but not an existential challenge to the species.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I didn't think they ever said which would be first... other than initially saying tri would be later than moving it up and saying single would be later. I think yes it's a battery constraint. I think 500+ mile battery means the high nickel batteries same as semi....
I suspected the dual motor might come out first due to battery constraints. What did not occur to me is that they might use different chemistries for the different models. People used to say they would stack the batteries. Having recently seen some details on the structural pack I don't think that is the case. They will either pack the batteries tighter, change the chemistry or both for the different ranges.
Sponsored