Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Reflective surfaces seem like a driving hazard but I can't find a law prohibiting it. Seems like the CT will get enough attention. Dull grey vinyl wrap for me.
Tesla Cybertruck Image of new Cybertruck with a polished stainless steel finish? tempImageQoEX22
Tesla Cybertruck Image of new Cybertruck with a polished stainless steel finish? tempImageIGs1w1
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
It could also be totally photoshopped with the flat surfaces and sharp angles. Probably one of the easiest to PS. peace

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It could also be totally photoshopped with the flat surfaces and sharp angles. Probably one of the easiest to PS. peace
The reflections of things you can see are too good for Photoshop. More likely if its fake, it's done with 3d modeling not Photochop

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Reflective surfaces seem like a driving hazard but I can't find a law prohibiting it. Seems like the CT will get enough attention. Dull grey vinyl wrap for me.
It doesn't seem like reflective surfaces are prohibited. Think of the shiny milk truck you see sometimes.

In fact just the other day I was driving down the highway and saw a tow truck with a large mirror-like reflective surface at the front of the bed. I could actually see my own reflection as I was following the truck.

I get that the reflective surface could help when trying to load a vehicle in the dark. But it also seems like there would be issues for vehicles following along at night if there were not a load on the truck to block the reflection.

And yes, before anyone gets distracted by it, my windshield currently has a large crack that needs to get fixed.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
It looks like the original CT prototype sitting in the Design Studio at Hawthorne.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It's hard for me to understand people who try to discredit the Cybertruck due to a shiny body. If you love your Cybertruck too much I imagine it would be possible to accidently over-polished it and make it more reflective than desired. But if that happens the solution is to simply hit it with a Scotch Brite pad.

Problem solved. Now you will need to think of something else to worry about.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's hard for me to understand people who try to discredit the Cybertruck due to a shiny body. If you love your Cybertruck too much I imagine it would be possible to accidently over-polished it and make it more reflective than desired. But if that happens the solution is to simply hit it with a Scotch Brite pad find a mud patch and spend about 30 minutes doing donuts.
I don't usually indulge in "Fixed it for you"... but in this case necessary.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
It's hard for me to understand people who try to discredit the Cybertruck due to a shiny body. If you love your Cybertruck too much I imagine it would be possible to accidently over-polished it and make it more reflective than desired. But if that happens the solution is to simply hit it with a Scotch Brite pad.

Problem solved. Now you will need to think of something else to worry about.
In many cases it is enough to never wash your car. Verified, it works well. Nobody will be blinded, or even look at your car.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
In many cases it is enough to never wash your car. Verified, it works well. Nobody will be blinded, or even look at your car.
Cybertruck looks most beautiful to me when it's got a little dust and dirt on it.

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
The prototype looks a bit shinier every time we see it. It's probably getting a bit scratched and they polish it further each time. Nothing in the photo seems different from the prototype we've seen so far.

Deleted member 11233

If they can polish one of these classic warbirds or Airstream trailers into a mirror finish, then they can surely polish a CT.
Tesla Cybertruck Image of new Cybertruck with a polished stainless steel finish? tempImageIGs1w1

Tesla Cybertruck Image of new Cybertruck with a polished stainless steel finish? large
Sponsored