Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The EV incentives are still up in the air aren’t they? Separate measures for Senate vs House?

I sure as hell hope what was in the house doesn’t get approved.
Yeah, nothing is approve or even set in stone thankfully. :) I was just going with the flow of what I was responding too.

NKSplitter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Being a bit pedantic here, I'm going to say that Elon's specific statement on the start of Cybertruck production was:

"So I think most likely what we'll see is Cybertruck start production in the next year, and then reach volume production in 2023"

Linked below is the the share holder's meeting starting at the time stamp where the question about Cybertruck production was asked.

Tesla 2021 share holders meeting time stamped link to respond on Cybertruck production time frame

So that does leave the door cracked open a tiny bit towards production starting in a bit before Q4 next year.

That said, at one point Elon said the California factory making 4680 cells would be producing enough for Model Y production in Texas. It doesn't sound like there will be enough 4680 cells to start significant CyberTruck or Semi production until GigaTexas is at volume production of 4680 cells. Between this and continued(but diminishing) supply chain shortages; I'd guess very late 2022 or sometime in 2023 is the most likely timing for the start of Cybertruck production.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Being a bit pedantic here, I'm going to say that Elon's specific statement on the start of Cybertruck production was:

"So I think most likely what we'll see is Cybertruck start production in the next year, and then reach volume production in 2023"

Linked below is the the share holder's meeting starting at the time stamp where the question about Cybertruck production was asked.

Tesla 2021 share holders meeting time stamped link to respond on Cybertruck production time frame

So that does leave the door cracked open a tiny bit towards production starting in a bit before Q4 next year.

That said, at one point Elon said the California factory making 4680 cells would be producing enough for Model Y production in Texas. It doesn't sound like there will be enough 4680 cells to start significant CyberTruck or Semi production until GigaTexas is at volume production of 4680 cells. Between this and continued(but diminishing) supply chain shortages; I'd guess very late 2022 or sometime in 2023 is the most likely timing for the start of Cybertruck production.
I don’t think that’s pedantic I think that’s accurate. The problem is Fremont is only cranking out enough cells for the model Y. As soon as Austin starts cranking out cells it’s open season.

Flipside I don’t think we should plan on production starting any sooner than December. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm one of them I'm done waiting for the cybertruck
What number were you in line? If you were a lower number than me, then I congratulate and celebrate your choice.

If your number was higher than mine, then "Meh, have fun in your Ford".

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Different kind of truck, of course, but this should allow Rivian to establish a pretty firm foothold. Of course I haven't seen anyone post that he's got his even though deliveries started in September.
Well, it gives Rivian the "possibility" of establishing a firm foothold. I actually do hope they get their act together and actually start shipping out more customer trucks. But it doesn't seem like they have figured out how to really mass produce their truck so even with the later CT ship date, I'd bet that Tesla will way out produce and sell Rivian right away.

But if any Rivian drivers want to meet me out on the trail with their built-in kitchen, we can meet up and have a meal together.

kbright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Occupation
Cigar Shop Owner
Country flag
My Bitcoin will buy it by then. So no worries from me. I’ll keep driving my Dodge 3/4 ton diesel till then.

cebrian94

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck RWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I'm not surprised - this'll give me more time to save up. And by save up I mean buy/trade TSLA stock so I can buy a Tesla with TSLA
At first I was thinking of doing this, but I was then hit with the realization that if the stock goes down, I will be without my cybertruck and with lower value shares ?.

So I'm doing QTEC instead so it's at least a little bit diversified ?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Elon says Cybertruck and Semi will be in production end of 2022 and volume production in 2023
Please just don't fucking tell me Cybertruck just got lumped in with Cybersemi on the Goddamn back fucking burner, to "whenever" status. I'm just going to ignore you.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Please just don't fucking tell me Cybertruck just got lumped in with Cybersemi on the Goddamn back fucking burner, to "whenever" status. I'm just going to ignore you.
I think the trucks are just waiting for Austin 4680 batteries at this point.

If they're moving on the Y line and have the batteries for it, then things will move. The new Y is the testbed for the technology going into the Cybertruck.

-Crissa

Phildamo

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
This sucks. Wonder how many people will jump to F 150 Lightning due to the wait. I'm sure several.
Yeah, 150,000. Oh, but they already have those reservations. I bet if you already have a cybertruck reservation AND put in a F150 reservation today, the cybertruck would be first to be fulfilled.
Sponsored