If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
Hypothetic question here. Some experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 plus a $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

Tri Motor reservation holders, are you still in?

A6DDD926-3452-4B27-B42D-F3DBD8878233.jpeg
For $100…no problem if it’s the Tri-CT price I originally ordered with FSD. If Dual or Quad are the only options then I would opt for a Dual LR for $69,420! Range is important for trips to the Eastern Sierra region.
There was no original quad motor config and there is a solid chance the tri motor is still coming.

In that context, $89k would make sense for the quad.

We’re way out in the weeds here. It’s like trying to put a puzzle together when you don’t have all the pieces or a picture of what it will look like.
or wearing a blindfold…
Sponsored

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
Many early Cybertruck reservation holders are “flippers” who hope to make a significant profit by marketing to the “must have it now” buyers on eBay Motors, BAT, Cars and Bids, etc.
I’m sorry …but Tesla needs to weed these people out. The first reservation should be honored on multiple orders from single person so people like myself can receive in the CT in a timely fashion. Just because you have an extra $500 to blow on reservations shouldn’t push us poor single reservation holders to the bottom of the Queue.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
For the people that are willy nilly arguing with no stated information from Tesla and using made up on the spot statistics (because 87% of all statistics are made up) that there will be a price hike, I say we rebel in force against this commentary. If you see it; immediately reply against it. Start making up our own stats and the FACT that Tesla has not stated nor released a price hike for any 2019 models released.

Arguing that of course there will be a price hike for a vehicle that took the risk to release a price in 2019 (years before planned production) and has not yet come to market is the equivalent of stating the people that run Tesla are ignorant idiots who didn't realize there could be inflation, and they should probably also account for some level of unkown, since they didn't even have a factory yet, they didn't know what the competition was going to bring, they didn't assume some level of "mission creep" or "project creep" or "objective creep" (whatever you want to call changes to the truck) and they were years out from even their own optimistic timeline for production starting the end of 2021. If you think they were so ignorantly bliss to all these things when they undoubtedly took a calculated risk to release a price years in advance of production (albeit not a price guarantee) then you must think Tesla is run by idiots. I don't.

Now in concert with arguing against the fact-less price hike argument I'm just going to bluntly state that obviously no price hike is coming for any models that were released in 2019 and I'll be getting my Tri-motor AWD CT capable of 500+ miles of range with FSD for $76900 plus the normal tax and destination charges.

Tokyo Dreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I originally ordered the single motor and felt I could cover it. As time went by, my Stock made me confident that I could afford the dual motor, which is what I really wanted for a bit more range and AWD. If I can get an extended range model than I will spring for that. I am not very interested in FSD as of now, but it might be something I consider on a subscription level for long trips. I am close to the limit of what I want to spend on a vehicle. I know all the benefits and have figured that I need to stay the course. If deliveries begin and I can move up I would but I am not interested in higher performance. I want the truck to be a tough truck. Hauling equipment and supplies for events and construction. I just can not justify the additional $20-40K for the Tri or Quad.
So I will wait and keep waiting and wait some more. I will watch as the Quad motor and Tri Motors get delivered. Kicking myself all along yet knowing that it is the right choice for me.
This is exactly what I did and what my current thoughts are. Tri and Quad are out of the table for me primarily for two reasons: (a) I expect a big price hike compared to what we were quoted for years ago in 2019 (by time Cybertruck comes out we're looking at a 5+yr difference), so that $50k Dual will be more like $60-65k (and I feel I am being optimistic with that price increase), then (b) I don't care so much for Tri, Quad, or even FSD, as much as I do about the interior/exterior- I expect to pay another $10-15k on interior upgrades and exterior color (if that is an option) upon launch. I really do expect many are in that same mindset as well. That comes out to $70-80k pre-tax/financed. That's more than enough for me to spend on "working" vehicle. I'll chalk it up as my "dream" car/truck/vehicle as well...

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
What place in line are you? I am 252xxx for a CT2 according to the spreadsheet.
About the same as you. Dual motor too. PHX. 257k.

but again, not very likely a literal spot in line. Where are you located?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Of course I’m in!! I understand people bailing due to price hike but to those complaining about price hike, did you really expect a price given three years ago to be maintained? Even under normal economic growth… ain’t gonna happen.
Tesla advertised a price. They knew that resources were going to get harder to compete for, that inflation would happen, that delays might happen.

Tesla has not put out any pricing guidance for almost nine months, but they waited until then to pull the prices from the website.

So why are you so certain there would be a nearly 30% price increase? (Let alone the 45+% banded about) Hase Tesla done that before?

-Crissa

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
This question is mainly for $69,990 Tri Motor reservation holders.

Hypothetical question here. Some industry experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 + $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

Tri Motor reservation holders, are you still in?

A6DDD926-3452-4B27-B42D-F3DBD8878233.jpeg
I'm still in, my top is $100k out the door. Tesla will need to deliver on the range, technology, and feature promises.

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
Rivian R1T's are going for $130k-$150k on the used market. Of course I'm in.

No matter how you slice it there will be zero chance to get one without spending $$$$.

All in.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Now in concert with arguing against the fact-less price hike argument I'm just going to bluntly state that obviously no price hike is coming for any models that were released in 2019 and I'll be getting my Tri-motor AWD CT capable of 500+ miles of range with FSD for $76900 plus the normal tax and destination charges.
I got fed up with the baseless price guesses back in December and posted this:

Well, if we are all just going to post random numbers:

Single Motor: $10k
Dual Motor: $11k
Tri Motor :$15k
Quad Motor: $20k

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/new-pricing-for-cybertruck.4253/post-79381

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Baseless? Look at current Rivian R1T Quad Motor pricing.

The Cybertruck will have more high tech features and RWS. The Quad Motor Cybertruck will probably beat GM’s 1,000 HP Hummer spec as well. The SS wedge is going to be a beast.

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
About the same as you. Dual motor too. PHX. 257k.

but again, not very likely a literal spot in line. Where are you located?
Utah - so far I haven't seen many Utah folks on the list, but I don't think it will make a huge difference in deliveries since they will do either full trucks with model y. We have pretty good rail but I am not sure how much the location is going to matter. I consider us pretty equal so I won't bother taking your spot in line if I win :)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I can afford it but no. $90k for a vehicle. Unless I really needed that range and towing capacity frequently I couldn’t justify it and I am certain most people really shouldn’t. It’s nice to flaunt a $10k watch but most people don’t need to exercise that level of opulence. The dual motor will be the most logical option for most people around $65k and 300-350 mile range. Yes the range will suck when towing and for many that’s a deal breaker and worth the added $20-$25k.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Agreed. I can afford the Quad but I have a Dual Motor configured. I will just be patient. It will also give Tesla some time to iron out the kinks on the brand new CT assembly line.

I also have a pre-price hike 835hp Rivian R1T Quad Motor and Ford Lightning reserved. One of these will hold me over until the Dual Motor Cybertruck goes into production in 2024/2025.
Sponsored