TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Rings a bell. I'm pretty sure the first photos at the Dock were in mid summer, so this would have been a different report.

These reports made me think at the time there must be more beta CT's out there than the 3 or so we knew to exist in the lower-48. But if so, they've done an incredible job at hiding them since.
Yeah, there was the Alaska story from way back, but then very recently there was some tweet that said they were testing them in Alaska but no pics. This was after they said Elon would be getting his beta "in a few weeks" or whatever. No pics, no evidence so it was discussed on here but mostly dismissed as rumor, but now we know there WERE betas built that no one has seen, so there is a good chance it was true they were sent places like Alaska to test.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I had a customer a few months ago in my store telling me that Tesla has facilities no one knows anything about at all. I life in the PHX Metro area and he claimed that on the west side of town there is a facility that's unmarked.

A little too conspiracy theory for my blood, but... possible!
I’m pretty sure most companies with market caps in the 10s of billions have facilities no one outside the company knows about.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Great news from the quarterly call and the market likes it. The stock is up 15% today.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I wouldn't think it doesn't mean unannounced products. I'd think opposite. The platform is their "skateboard" they build on. I think this is great news for Cyber___ models maybe.
I bet Tesla will eventually make their own giga press that would stamp the entire lower half of the car, removing hundreds of parts. This prob would be for the $30k next gen car.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 2.08.50 PM.jpg

1674681148426.jpeg

Earnings call link (begins 5:30pm Eastern)

----- CALL HIGHLIGHTS ------
Elon statements:
-Seeing highest order volume YTD in history of Tesla so far, Y price increase were for that reason
-Order volume 2X the annual production rate thus far
-Price drops brought the affordability factor to many more people
-Good progress on cost control
-Berlin / Austin COGS dropping consistently at a fast pace (production ramping)
-FSD beta proving to be quite reliable, good numbers
-4680 production reached 1k cars a week last year, Giga Nevada will be a huge accomplishment in the future, aiming for 1K Gigawatt hours production
-Leaning on suppliers, and this Nevada ramp will be pivotal to cost reduction in the form of scaling
Does any body know where tesla is getting the steel from? Curious. Heard it wasn’t steel dynamics also heard it was.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 2.08.50 PM.jpg

1674681148426.jpeg

Earnings call link (begins 5:30pm Eastern)

----- CALL HIGHLIGHTS ------
Elon statements:
-Seeing highest order volume YTD in history of Tesla so far, Y price increase were for that reason
-Order volume 2X the annual production rate thus far
-Price drops brought the affordability factor to many more people
-Good progress on cost control
-Berlin / Austin COGS dropping consistently at a fast pace (production ramping)
-FSD beta proving to be quite reliable, good numbers
-4680 production reached 1k cars a week last year, Giga Nevada will be a huge accomplishment in the future, aiming for 1K Gigawatt hours production
-Leaning on suppliers, and this Nevada ramp will be pivotal to cost reduction in the form of scaling
One other thing to add, paraphrasing Elon when he was asked who he sees coming 'Second' from behind in the EV / FSD Space, l'm gonna get me a 'TESLASCOPE'

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
From call, Cybertruck "startup" production in the summer of 2023, but that is really inconsequential. What is important is "volume production" and that won't be until 2024.
For me, and all the 'Lucky Buggers' getting the first off the line, day one production is ALL that matters in 2023!
Bring it Elon ( please )

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
Volume production could be a little dubious without any indications on run rate so I expect lots and lots of trucks per week to perhaps be closer to if not in 2025. Id love someone to ask if they anticipate all variants to qualify for the tax credit
I see QUAD after the recent 'Elon Axe' in the range ~$80K ( could meet IRA ( to ~$86K ( No WAY IRA )
Originally the QUAD came in at $89,999.99____l can only hope for all our sakes, Elon is sharpening his 'ACTS' right about NOW!

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
I wonder if I'll even get mine by 2025.
Sigh.
' patience, young grasshopper '

I waited 7 years to find my first Karmann Ghia ( 1960 KG purchased '85 with 61K miles ) They're not exactly thick on the ground in Oz. ( I believe there's 25K orders for CT DownUnder )

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I see QUAD after the recent 'Elon Axe' in the range ~$80K ( could meet IRA ( to ~$86K ( No WAY IRA )
Originally the QUAD came in at $89,999.99____l can only hope for all our sakes, Elon is sharpening his 'ACTS' right about NOW!
There is no quad motor.
The top trim will be a tri-motor, just like the semi, making 1500 HP with two carbon sleeved 600hp motors in the rear and a 300hp legacy motor in the front with a dif.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
There is no quad motor.
The top trim will be a tri-motor, just like the semi, making 1500 HP with two carbon sleeved 600hp motors in the rear and a 300hp legacy motor in the front with a dif.
I know why you think that, and why you’re confident in it

But there will be a quad motor. This vehicle is more targeted toward off road adventures, not towing 55k lbs.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Oh man that might make me go start using my switch again. Is it part of the advanced online subscription, the regular online subscription or a separate individual game purchase?

Multiplayer FTW! I gotta brush up on where all the respawn points are on each level so I can just respawn camp.
Sponsored