Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
How on earth are you implying I indicated two years? Volume production starts “IN 2024” theres nothing to suggest that means January or even Q1 24. Volume production could well mean Q3/4 and volume does not mean full ramp.

Two years would mean the factory is popping them out now
Thought you said they wouldn't reach volume production until 2025 which is 2 years from now.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
From someone who last bought the original xbox I gotta ask, are all switches the same? I spent (wasted) and enormous of time in the dorms playing goldeneye
This page will explain the difference between all 3 models currently available.

I’d personally stay away from the lite model.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
For a long time, I said the Dual Motor Cybertruck would end up right around the cost of the dual motor Model Y. Recent price cut and some other things have made me reconsider this. It’s very likely Tesla put Cybertruck pricing out there expecting the price of the Dual Motor Model Y would come down. And given some things I’ve seen and hints… I think the Model Y pricing may come down again, possibly before the Cybertruck is launched.

Tesla named their new Model 3 variant “Highland”. It is an interesting name and some have suggested it referenced Highlander “There can be only One”… but someone pointed out another (better) connection. Ford’s Highland Park was the birthplace of the automotive assembly line.

Shortly after Ford launched their Highland Park, the Model T was introduced at about 1/3 the cost of normal cars at the time and then over the next 3 years the price of the Model T plunged 40% in 3 years (twitter linked analyst notes). Tesla’s choice of names here makes me wonder if they are bringing down prices across the board.

Anyhow… long post.

TLDR: Launch prices plus a possible nudge for inflation.

1674855556178.png

1674855676067.png
I love that you and I smoke the same crack <3

But for real, I agree (as usual with you) a ton that they're bringing it down more. Some last cash grabs are gonna happen, it'll sneak up little more. Model Y 45k before EOY?!

I think 2022 was PEAK EV pricing. They'll all be falling to compete, but only TESLA stays profitable.

Tesla Cybertruck 📈 Q4 2022 Tesla Earnings! Cybertruck Production Remains ON TRACK! Status Still Sits at Tooling tempImagedPGg0K

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sound went funky on my end so I missed this whole bit. I know others have mentioned this above… but maybe that “30 trucks in December” did pan out after all?

We still have ~32 days to ponder this before the investor day and hopeful reveal of a functioning beta truck.

Tesla Cybertruck 📈 Q4 2022 Tesla Earnings! Cybertruck Production Remains ON TRACK! Status Still Sits at Tooling 1674862208826

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Sound went funky on my end so I missed this whole bit. I know others have mentioned this above… but maybe that “30 trucks in December” did pan out after all?

We still have ~32 days to ponder this before the investor day and hopeful reveal of a functioning beta truck.

1674862208826.png
"all" is where my brows go full Elon mode.
Tesla Cybertruck 📈 Q4 2022 Tesla Earnings! Cybertruck Production Remains ON TRACK! Status Still Sits at Tooling 1674863677586

No way they got 30 trucks there. Right? I know roughly where they are, the ones they have. Pretty unlikely they have 30 sitting there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing one cold testing before March 1. We don't have much cold time left to test in... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or. They already did that in rural Idaho or something over the last few weeks. The "Cybertruck" tow truck has been missing at Fremont after all.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
There is no quad motor.
The top trim will be a tri-motor, just like the semi, making 1500 HP with two carbon sleeved 600hp motors in the rear and a 300hp legacy motor in the front with a dif.
Fair call, however the SEMI, like the Model S PLAID uses 400hp units.
The CYBRTRK first iterations will feature 4 motors ( most likely 400 hp each ) one at each wheel location that should enable true torque vectoring and as alluded to in earlier notifications, including video of 4 wheel steer ( again, likely to be 'steer-by- wire' )
Watch future 'Beta' and other notifications, coming soon, for confirmations.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
The Semi has proven that two motors is more than enough power for the CyberTruck to tow >20,000 lbs. But... and I can't confirm how I know this, Tesla says they're going to produce the Tri-Motor CyberTruck because the third motor is needed to create enough noise to drown out the whining of the people who wanted a mid-gate.

The Magic 8 Ball has spoken. 😆

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Fair call, however the SEMI, like the Model S PLAID uses 400hp units.
The CYBRTRK first iterations will feature 4 motors ( most likely 400 hp each ) one at each wheel location that should enable true torque vectoring and as alluded to in earlier notifications, including video of 4 wheel steer ( again, likely to be 'steer-by- wire' )
Watch future 'Beta' and other notifications, coming soon, for confirmations.
Nope.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Elon says different.
Your welcome to disagree with him.

I never said it had plaid motors.
And Elon tweets a lot of stuff... including that Coca-Cola should have cocaine in it, and that people will live on mars in the next decade.
Doesn't mean it's fact.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
"all" is where my brows go full Elon mode.
1674863677586.jpeg

No way they got 30 trucks there. Right? I know roughly where they are, the ones they have. Pretty unlikely they have 30 sitting there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing one cold testing before March 1. We don't have much cold time left to test in... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or. They already did that in rural Idaho or something over the last few weeks. The "Cybertruck" tow truck has been missing at Fremont after all.
I would expect the beta trucks are testing out assembly methods as much as the truck. Almost seems like it couldn’t be beta if there was just a couple.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I never said it had plaid motors.
And Elon tweets a lot of stuff... including that Coca-Cola should have cocaine in it, and that people will live on mars in the next decade.
Doesn't mean it's fact.
I have stated 4 motors based on what has been said and what will be produced first. Most people agree that WILL happen. If it don't, it don't happen. The statement 'most likely 400hp' stands ( total theoretical horsepower ~ 1600 ) ___if they turn out to be exactly like the PLAID, AMA2!NG.
Besides, we can agree to disagree.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I have stated 4 motors based on what has been said and what will be produced first. Most people agree that WILL happen. If it don't, it don't happen. The statement 'most likely 400hp' stands ( total theoretical horsepower ~ 1600 ) ___if they turn out to be exactly like the PLAID, AMA2!NG.
Besides, we can agree to disagree.
The more I read this, the less it makes sense.