Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Are those radar modules in the rear bumper?
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The bottom line? 6-more months of waiting until production starts:(

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
But there was in another prototype. That is the whole thing. We cannot get hung up on the missing things right now. What they told us we can bank on;48v architecture, simplified wiring and ethernet, improved efficiency in the drivetrain, dry electrode cathode, reiterating that the exoskeleton is a folded structure. All the details we see in the protype they showed show us a few things; fit and finish are dramatically improved, and they are letting at least see inside the vehicle again. Everything else is still too fluid 6 months out.
Agreed, it was an earlier prototype though.

I don't mind if there isn't, I have a model Y without it, but was kind of hoping it's coming on the CT. We'll see!

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
After watching investors day, I think it is safe to say that the beta CT we spoke about today is still not complete and there are still some surprises to come. :) My biggest hope is a midgate, or at least a roll down rear window. Time will tell...

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
wat 48v means?
the main voltage used in the Cybertruck wiring is 48v (instead of the usual 12v).
this means the wires can be substantially thinner, lighter, therefore cheaper.
of Course they will convert it to 12v where needed, like at the accessory plugs.

Sanzpeur

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
'red block' behind steering wheel location?

48v low voltage 2023 Investor Day - YouTube.jpg
I am pretty sure what you are seeing is the camera array at the top center of the windshield. Ultimately, I really don't think you will miss it as much as you think. It took me all of a day to realize how little I cared about a binnacle on my Model 3. If anything a small Heads Up Display projected onto the windshield would be a nice addition. If it were to be a deal breaker, never fear that there will be some nice aftermarket binnacle options as there are on the M3/MY.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Ahhh... I see it now. :) Awesome. I hope we do get a driver display. There is hope! lol

Im surprised no one called out the rear casting. Looks just like the spy pics posted a couple months ago

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Yeeeeeesssss! I am hoping that front bumper panel shown on the bed at the event is for exactly that.
Also hoping that, based on where all the red stuff is in that picture, there’s steer and brake by wire.
Thoughts on where radar will go?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Ahhh... I see it now. :) Awesome. I hope we do get a driver display. There is hope! lol
Yeah, exactly. That red block was not present in their Model 3 diagrams. Doesn't mean it's a display, but could very well be. The rear screen is highlighted red.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I am pretty sure what you are seeing is the camera array at the top center of the windshield. Ultimately, I really don't think you will miss it as much as you think. It took me all of a day to realize how little I cared about a binnacle on my Model 3. If anything a small Heads Up Display projected onto the windshield would be a nice addition. If it were to be a deal breaker, never fear that there will be some nice aftermarket binnacle options as there are on the M3/MY.
No, the camera array is to the right of this block. As I said, the big red block behind the steering wheel was absent in the Model 3 diagram, but the 3 does have a camera array.

I have a Model 3, I hate the lack of driver display. It's not natural to look down and to the right. Not the end of the world, but not ideal.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Im surprised no one called out the rear casting. Looks just like the spy pics posted a couple months ago
I did.

The aluminum alloy castings under SS the bed side look identical to the leaked photo of the BIW. This proves that the photo was legit and not altered.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No, the camera array is to the right of this block. As I said, the big red block behind the steering wheel was absent in the Model 3 diagram, but the 3 does have a camera array.

I have a Model 3, I hate the lack of driver display. It's not natural to look down and to the right. Not the end of the world, but not ideal.
are you not talking about the rear view “mirror”?

Tesla Cybertruck 48v Battery for Cybertruck! B73F995A-1366-4ADC-917C-EA4F00C0A0AD
Sponsored