Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
My 5:
1) Can seat 6 people comfortably for a long drive
2) Ability to tow/haul to the specs already provided
3) At least 500 miles of range without hauling/towing a load (I'm still holding out hope for around 610 miles based on the mock up of the interface in the patent Tesla-Cybertruck-UI-8-1-e1622209532214.png...it might be a pipe dream, I know)
4) Adaptive suspension lives up to the hype.
5) Has the already promised features including a lot of storage (including hidden storage under the bed).

A *really* nice to have would be the solar charging option. If it's something that is affordable and will provide at least 15 miles of range on a sunny day, I would be happy. As much as this ride will be sitting out in the sun, it would be a damn shame to not be able to take advantage of that.
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My five are:

1) hauls six people and six bikes (using a rack so reduced range)
2) Hauls 2 people and (hopefully) 2 bikes with a ton of gear and gets full range.
3) Secures and weatherproofs the above 2 bikes while traveling. Means no more keeping bikes in the hotel room!
4) Is very likely most efficient and lowest cost of operations to accomplish all of the above.
5) Should be insanely fun to drive and hopefully as comfortable as our Model Y.
😊The internet never has a dull moment. The action continues beyond the YouTube channels. Thanks!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My five are:

1) hauls six people and six bikes (using a rack so reduced range)
2) Hauls 2 people and (hopefully) 2 bikes with a ton of gear and gets full range.
3) Secures and weatherproofs the above 2 bikes while traveling. Means no more keeping bikes in the hotel room!
4) Is very likely most efficient and lowest cost of operations to accomplish all of the above.
5) Should be insanely fun to drive and hopefully as comfortable as our Model Y.
I am actually hoping for the CT to be more comfortable in most ways than our Model Y. I was at the Tesla show room yesterday for service and sat in a Model X Refresh and the seats were very nice. They gave me an older Model X as a loaner and even though I love the hugeness of the front view there was almost no protection from sun glare above the visor - very awkward. So I hope they make the CT even more user friendly.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
My top 3 wishes:
1) Fold flat front seats, so I don’t have to put up a tent in rain, wind, or dangerous environs
2) Refrigerated frunk for days of perishables (maybe frozen items with ice in small portable cooler placed in frunk)
3) Solar port to plug in panels I unroll in my campsite (or on my roof, in between trips)

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I just want an electric truck that doesn’t break the bank and doesn’t suck.

$75 - $100k+ for a truck with 150 kW charging and less than 300 miles range with my bikes doesn’t cut it. It either needs to be a whole lot more bad-assed than what Rivian & Ford offer, or a whole lot less expensive. Preferably both.
The lightning just feels like a peepee truck for luke warm EV enthusiasts. They checked a box. Nothing rad about it. But, that's kinda their shtick too.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The lightning just feels like a peepee truck for luke warm EV enthusiasts. They checked a box. Nothing rad about it. But, that's kinda their shtick too.
Fun fact: When you go to a public pool and there is a strong chlorine odor, what you are actually smelling is the result of chlorine breaking down the urine in the water. The stronger the scent, the more urine in the water.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Fun fact: When you go to a public pool and there is a strong chlorine odor, what you are actually smelling is the result of chlorine breaking down the urine in the water. The stronger the scent, the more urine in the water.
Lightning smells like chlorine.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
for me

load ramp for dirtbikes
the potential of the adjustable suspension/4wheel steer/4 motors
Lockable bed cover
elect brakes / steering - hopefully
storage galore
no paint scratches
OTA updates
500mi range / fast charging when needed
Performance - faster than my m3P
auto load leveling / kneel / height adjust
potential v2x - doubtful but one can hope
Built in air compressor / electrical power - charge ebikes/stark vary/trailer
replace both my 2500HD and M3P - love both but CT replaces with 1 vehicle
mid gate, 3' bed for groceries, smaller than a F150 - J/K, actually hope not

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I'm tired of my 9 sec 0-60 and body panels that I can thump a dent into and $5/gal diesel.
Oh, and bulletproof.
And autopilot due to all the phuqtarded drivers that have moved to Round Rock from the people's republic of Kaliforniastan.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No so quick there.

High center of gravity of massive load!

Heavy loads frequently carried behind the truck cab makes them very dangerous to the drivers too not just the trucks being a danger to other vehicles on the road.

----------------------------------------------

** Look at what happened to the cab. The cab got crushed even though the cab did fit under the bridge !!!!
With most trailers the bridge would have just sheared off the top of the trailer and the cab would be undamaged and driver probably uninjured.

image.jpg

The Montague Street bridge in Melbourne strikes again
2022April

DrSardinicus
2022April
This puzzled me for a while - how did the cab get crushed when the cab is several feet lower than the clearance? My best guess is that the barrel wedging under the bridge edge leveraged the cab up and smashed it against the bottom of the bridge.

Cablome
2022April
Spot on, according to the news when the barrel hit the cab came up under the bridge

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Highway Safety Division said the truck suffered tire failure right before the accident. As a result, the truck ended up on the northbound lanes of Highway 400 and Finch Avenue. OPP shared a video of the scene, revealing the concrete mixer separated off the truck and cement has spilled across the road.
By Alex Arsenych CTV News Toronto Multi-Platform Writer
Published Oct. 14, 2022
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/cement-truck-involved-in-two-vehicle-collision-on-highway-400-1.6110148
cement-truck-rollover-1-6110174-1665789544633.jpg

Retired policewoman crushed to death by truck on Spur Tree Hill road
August 12, 2018
Loop News - Jamaica
https://jamaica.loopnews.com/content/retired-policewoman-crushed-cement-truck-spur-tree-hill-road

cement-jamacia-2.jpg

Gulp! The moment a giant cement mixer was swallowed by a sinkhole in Russia
Adam Zubarev was driving his cement truck when the road collapsed
The back of the truck sank into the hole shooting the cab into the air
It took two days to remove the stricken truck from the hole
By Darren Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 23 October 2014
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-cement-mixer-swallowed-sinkhole-Russia.html

1414072102240_wps_19_Pic_shows_Cement_mixer_wa.jpg

Traveston Road truck crash leaves one man trapped driver is trapped following a crash on Traveston Road, south of Gympie on Thursday, November 18
https://www.couriermail.com.au › gympie › news-story

fc589351ce54b01001610c9534d4ee41?width=320.jpg

Driver suffers life-threatening injuries when load shifted, crushing him in his truck.
Driver was crushed against the front dashboard by the concrete posts.
by Sam Borcia
September 15, 2022
https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/...ushing-him-in-his-truck-in-lake-in-the-hills/

IMG_8696-scaled.jpg

Truck cabin flattened by own 40-ton cargo after braking too fast .
Filmed in Suzhou City in eastern Jiangsu Province on November 12, shows a red lorry crashing into a blue truck waiting at the traffic light after it already has an emergency brake. Then eight big metal coils loaded on the red lorry came loose and rolled forward with the brake's momentum, flattening the cabin before dropping onto the road. The lorry driver was sent to hospital for treatment. He suffered injuries to his chest and head, but his condition was not life-threatening.
12th November 2018
https://www.newsflare.com/video/258...ed-by-own-40-ton-cargo-after-braking-too-fast

11.jpg

but I'll bet you will get the hell out of the way when you see it screaming up your butt in the rear view mirror

First Name
Kevin Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Here are my 5 reasons why the worth is worth it:

#1) 1,000 volt architecture will allow us to mega charge the truck quickly
#2) It'll be extremely efficient as compared to other trucks
#3) Stainless steel body and bullet proof glass? Sign me up!
#4) Tesla has indicated that the Cybertruck will be cheaper to manufacture than Model 3. Does that mean its price will be much lower than a comparative EV truck?
#5) The tech - enough said

What are your reasons?
6. It's a Tress, and an engineers wet dream

First Name
Kevin Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I just love how Tesla's engineers created the most solid, durable shape. It's built from the strongest possible materials. It's essentially the pickup truck designed for the zombie apocalypse or some Mad Max post apocalyptic future.

Rather than saying, "Truck guys are going to want the usual box + box + box so let's make that," Tesla went with, "How can we create the best possible pickup imaginable?"
Sponsored