ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Not making a habit of this but ...

Shot imagery provided by @rickster902:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted driving next to Chevy Silverado! 1682457839555

Snip from possible same location in Google Streets:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted driving next to Chevy Silverado! 1682458381657

Actual street view again is much wider shot so a lot of extra scenery in it that adds to difficulty of narrowing it down. The pole with the street name sign is likely further ahead in the posted imagery, but the Google Street view had trucks in the way when attempting to view same direction when backed up further to view from the likely exact same spot. Also, the Google Streets cam is mounted much higher than a phone camera from inside a vehicle. So obstructions, and the perspective elevation are also factors.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.485...4!1sx1IZLxcmfWfxtiqtAK_iww!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Obviously the posted imagery was not much to go on, therefore not 100 percent sure. If the location is indeed this spot, it's the intersection of E. Warren and Kato, which would be staying fairly close to the nest.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
- ÆCIII
if you’re not already familiar, you’ll want to check out these dudes that are savants at determining locations from photos

Can start with

https://instagram.com/georainbolt?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

they do competitions where they are shown a google street photo and then timed on how quickly the choose the location crossed with how close their chosen coordinates are to actual

the competitions heat up when eg the image is blinked on screen for only a 10th of a second, upsidedown, in black and white

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
if you’re not already familiar, you’ll want to check out these dudes that are savants at determining locations from photos

Can start with

https://instagram.com/georainbolt?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

they do competitions where they are shown a google street photo and then timed on how quickly the choose the location crossed with how close their chosen coordinates are to actual

the competitions heat up when eg the image is blinked on screen for only a 10th of a second, upsidedown, in black and white
Thanks, but as I mentioned I didn't really want to make it a habit. I just wanted to narrow down more precisely where a few of the Cybertruck sightings were, and it was kind of fun.

I'm sure there are more refined methods people have found to locate an image scene, and likely already if not fairly soon, AI will be able to simply do rapid "Scene/Street Recognition" (of about any spot on this planet) just as proficiently as facial recognition.

I tried the link you provided anyway, but I think it requires a logged in session to instagram to be active because it didn't work when I tried it. Either way thanks again anyway.

- ÆCIII

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Elon likes to think it's "bad assed" but to me, it's very snub nosed and kinda "funny lookin".

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I LOVE its wierd look! This comes from a gy that loves 1959-1972 Dodge trucks... not the prettiest girls at the dance

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I LOVE its wierd look! This comes from a gy that loves 1959-1972 Dodge trucks... not the prettiest girls at the dance
I don't love it's looks but, I'm buying one. I'm pretty sure the inside out view will be fantastic! :)

For me It's a function over form thing and I realize there are sound aerodynamics and other issues that support the materials chosen and shape of the CT. Snubbing the nose was necessary to allow it to fit in garages and I get that. Most home chargers are installed in the garage and for many of us, home charging makes EV's work.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think this photo summarizes the F150 vs. Cybertruck size differences pretty well. Apparently the production truck will be at least 3% smaller according to Franz.

I absolutely love the futuristic styling of the Cybertruck. I predict it will start a new design trend. It will make the trucks currently produced by the Big 3 look very dated.

Prediction: Tesla is secretly designing a stainless steel Cybervan, commercial and passenger version, to compete in the van segment. Plumbers, HVAC companies, electricians, etc. would love a secure van with a super durable stainless steel exterior.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted driving next to Chevy Silverado! 4F71EF60-A343-42A1-A524-D06960B87C76

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted driving next to Chevy Silverado! 2026C204-53C4-4D86-BA3F-B9D3DD2082ED

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think this photo summarizes the F150 vs. Cybertruck size differences pretty well. Apparently the production truck will be at least 3% smaller according to Franz.

I absolutely love the futuristic styling of the Cybertruck. I predict it will start a new design trend. It will make the trucks currently produced by the Big 3 look very dated.

4F71EF60-A343-42A1-A524-D06960B87C76.jpeg
I think that photo summarizes that the unveil prototype was an early, massive, prototype, that did not reflect the on-screen dimensions (which were identical to the F150 SCREW)

the on-screen dimension not given was width
Sponsored