dbrent

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RAV4 XSE Hybrid AWD
Country flag
Some specs for y'all! (From the employee standing there with the truck at Investor Day.)
  • 6x4 bed size
  • 5 seats instead of 6.
  • Can't fit 6 with the shrink that happened.
  • 5% stated.
  • No pass through.
  • Will have a frunk.
  • Multiple tire options.
  • 18's on display truck
  • Waiting on length overall

I’m fine with all of the above. This is going to be a great vehicle.
Sponsored

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
This person heard it in the Q&A too.

Excellent summary and pictures:
Tesla 2023 Investor Day – March 1, 2023 by dburkland
https://www.dburkland.com/tesla-2023-investor-day/
KnOBvHS.jpg
I suggest you watch the clip of it. It's true that the guy to the right of Elon said they could do it in about 2years. But he didn't sound like it was already part of the plan. Then Elon used a very dismissive tone talking down its value. IMO they want you to buy overpriced powerwalls and if they give you 5x the storage on something you already have they won't sell any powerwalls.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how Tesla reacts to CT flippers. Denying warranty service would be a major deterrent.
Sign a non-sell (within 12 months) agreement.

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I personally like the jump seat in the back. Was already planning how to pull the back seats to make room for a microwave/fridge combo for camping and at the ski hill. I have had a six seat pickup for 15 years and only used the middle seat once. A 6' 5" bed would be better for camping, but I have already worked out a design for a little cabinet to sit over the end-gate to seal it in and give ventilation. Should be nice and secure. Don't want any damn bears licking my toes!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
coffin it is for you

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
I don't get why so many people are saying that the bed isn't going to be useful. The bed on my Nissan is 4 ft wide above the wheel wells and I have hauled and still haul all kinds of stuff. 8 sheets of drywall or ply wood, lumber, firewood, dump runs, concrete, scrap etc. There is hardly a surface in the back that isn't marred by use. (or any other part of the truck for that matter)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My guess is the Cybertruck vehicle width will be very close to the Rivian R1T.

I don't see the the 3 amber marker lights on the front/rear end of the Beta vehicle. That is a federal requirement for vehicles 80" or wider.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The back seats look like they have little leg room because the front seats are moved back
yes but mostly no

The front passenger side is pushed back, with the passenger back flipped up, but the driver’s seat is pushed forward with the back passenger flipped down. And both front seats are in fairly upright positions

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) F2AE7152-A8F6-4743-B7C8-F4CE438FA54C

now, if someone is looking at this photo and saying “the back seat is small” without considering what should be the obvious fact the front seats move, then I’m with you.

but when I look at this photo I’m saying it is small only after accounting for the fact the front seats move.

in contrast, here’s an F150 SeperCrew with both front seats set 3/4 the way back (further than I have them back, at 6’3”, and both seats reclined considerably:

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) 342C81EC-7539-429E-A034-67017D7846A1

And here’s the F150 with the back seats flipped up, and front seats 3/4 bac

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) 59A0756D-B783-4E65-A793-0E88F4A9B851

these things and comparisons all considered is why I say it looks much smaller than the larger 1/2 ton trucks

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
yes but mostly no

The front passenger side is pushed back, with the passenger back flipped up, but the driver’s seat is pushed forward with the back passenger flipped down. And both front seats are in fairly upright positions

F2AE7152-A8F6-4743-B7C8-F4CE438FA54C.jpeg

now, if someone is looking at this photo and saying “the back seat is small” without considering what should be the obvious fact the front seats move, then I’m with you.

but when I look at this photo I’m saying it is small only after accounting for the fact the front seats move.

in contrast, here’s an F150 SeperCrew with both front seats set 3/4 the way back (further than I have them back, at 6’3”, and both seats reclined considerably:

342C81EC-7539-429E-A034-67017D7846A1.jpeg

And here’s the F150 with the back seats flipped up, and front seats 3/4 bac

59A0756D-B783-4E65-A793-0E88F4A9B851.jpeg

these things and comparisons all considered is why I say it looks much smaller than the larger 1/2 ton trucks
I am following your logic. But I think if you consider the difference in the angles of these pictures combined with the fact that the seat is back it could still have plenty of room.

We are peeking through a door that is about halfway open compared to a full side angle view

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It looks better shortened. More proportionally appealing. But the expense is clearly usability of the bed. I'm still getting it, but I'm much less enthused about the bed than I was originally. Trade-off is that I'll look better in it now! ;)

The front also looks stubbier from edge of front door to tip of the nose. It looks like they shrunk it 5% by simultaneously shrinking the front end more so they didn't have to shrink the bed as much. But both were required to get to stated reduction.
well, I want to see someone clean the windshield from the inside....looks like it about 4 feet and I dont have long arms.....I am just afraid there is going to be many thing that just don't add up to $80-85k....

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got you fam.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ettore-Rubber-Window-Squeegee/3434510

If that doesn't work I guess you'll have to just cancel that order 🤔

Also, did you just poof those numbers into existence?
what I said was: " looks like it about 4 feet ".......looking at the inside, from where the seat is positioned, it may very well be 4 feet and then some.....remember, the windshield is at about 30to45 degree angle from the roofline.......so, I may be pretty close

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
6'3" bed would have been nice but i guess i can sleep diagonally. Waiting to find out what the overall length is.
I always want few more inches taller. Not anymore. :)