Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I want the unicorn poop option too. Though if itā€™s heavy it might be impact range.

One weird thing about the frunk on the Cybertruck versus the Ford.

Tesla is literally turning a void in the design into something useful. If the frunk werenā€™t there, there would just be a big empty space. If you never use the frunk, it has zero impact on range.

Ford actually puts a big box on the front of their truck, like pushing a giant empty box down the highway. Itā€™s a constant drain on your range.

I wonder if someone will make a replacement frunk cover for the Ford for for folks who want the extra few miles of range. Like a range-extending frunk top.
Haha that wouldn't look very trucky though!

Maybe the CT can use that space for a weapons grade CO2 laser to shoot at wind shield debris ?
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk laser-beam-window-cleaner

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Things to store in the frunk:

Tow strap
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 12.56.26 AM.png

First Aid Kit
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 12.58.52 AM.png

Anything else?
Also add this. It's required in most European countries and I highly recommend it. It could save your life I you stop to help someone on the side of the road or you are stranded for some reason.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 1.28.40 AM

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ford actually puts a big box on the front of their truck, like pushing a giant empty box down the highway. Itā€™s a constant drain on your range.

I wonder if someone will make a replacement frunk cover for the Ford for for folks who want the extra few miles of range. Like a range-extending frunk top.
The Ford frunk lid adds no additional aero cross section. A blunt front works well at low air velocities and is why the CT works too. The tapered rear makes more of a difference for drag.

Also the primary reason for the CT hood being shorter than the Lightning is the CT windscreen angle. Most of the CT "hood" is underneath the windscreen not in front of it. (In a side view hood is everything in front of the front door hinge on most cars except vans etc)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk 1627799566758

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Your diagram proves your sentence incorrect.

-Crissa
Front cross section area exposed to airflow. That means from left to right accross the vehicle at the point of where the vehicle has the largest cross section. The picture was in relation to the length of the hood comparison.

In the case of CT its largest cross section is at the roof apex, in case of the Ford it is somewhere mid roof.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
How come everyone is getting uptight about drain holes all of a sudden? They don't have drills where you guys are from?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How come everyone is getting uptight about drain holes all of a sudden? They don't have drills where you guys are from?
Someone has to figure out where they won't put a hole or water into something important underneath. Better for Tesla to plan for that.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Someone has to figure out where they won't put a hole or water into something important underneath. Better for Tesla to plan for that.

-Crissa
Just so I have a plug to use as a glamping bathtub.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Those side wings are deadly, 3 mm blades open out. Truly a post apocalyptic vehicle.

I am slightly concerned on that point and someone walking into it while open. I will only be placated when I see a live production model else I will employ personal safety protocols.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Who cares to guess how many litres (or cubic ft) this frunk green box render is?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk CT Frunk Wide 280l
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Frunk external-content.duckduckgo

I wonder if it will go under the huge interior dash, Would be ideal for a drawer system instead that comes out the grill.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
As for the wing storage units, If the storage box goes down to the top of the rear wheel arches, they should be fairly large as well, at least 100l each side (3.5cuft), possibly 150l (5.2cuft).

They could be as long as the bed, and are at least 200mm in thickness.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Maybe because all of the Tesla frunks are pretty similar. It wasnā€™t until the Ford Lightning that anyone went further with the frunk space, adding power and USB outlets, drains, and premised specialty sections. Perhaps Tesla was thinking that people would just use it to store things.

Then again, we havenā€™t seen ā€˜anythingā€™ about the final design - only the prototype, and for certain there will be a lot to see.
I do find it fun the non EV folkā€™s brains exploding over F150ā€™s frunk. It is nice though, just not a world beating brand new thing as they YouTube lightning reviews make it seem.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
As a point of interest, there's also wheel well pillars for storage! These always get forgotten about.
have-you-noticed-that-the-tesla-cybertruck-has-sail-pillar-storages.jpg
Those things should be hinged at the bottom and have solar panels on the backside.
Sponsored