DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I like these real wheels so much better.
Agreed. I think they are similar/same as the ones on the reveal prototype (I believe they were behind the Blade Runner aero covers). I might be wrong but here is a pic of the steel ball testing that shows them:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] tesla-design-head-throws-steel-ball-at-cybertruck-window-doesn-t-shatter-139220_1

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would be willing to bet a lot $$ that a waiver was signed. Another poster indicated it was intended to be photographed and leaked; what a childish way to run PR if so. We'll know more Wed.
Hmm.

Should they send out press releases with polished stock photos from 3 angles which make their truck look picture perfect?

#1 They get free media for this.
#2 Many people (self included) prefer the less polished, more honest videos like this regardless.
# It’s free. Not just this, their entire US media operation and advertising.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They'd likely have to be bought from Tesla since I've never run across 6-foot wiper blades at my local autopart store. :D
Probably 2 pieces. Going out on a limb here, but they might actually be off the shelf. There is a lot to choose from. I don't think Tesla wants a article out about $100 wiper refills.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Ugh show me the dam wiper mechanism. Oh yeah the rest of the truck.... and the pricing... and the specs.!!!

peacemakerjpg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CYberTruck
Occupation
Sales of Contracts Providing Access to Contingent Finances
Country flag
Not really, Mini Cooper's have had headlights that are part of the hood, that raises when opened.
Do they still do that in current models? I thought it stopped a few years back because of the regulation. I know they use to. But I guess it wouldn't be too hard to leave the headlights in place and lift the rest off like a mask

tracksyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
the prototype had alloys under the hubcaps also

and the windshield wiper is not a finalized design

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] cybertruck_proto

(this screen grab is from the video Tesla posted after the initial reveal to show everyone they were throwing the ball at the glass prior to the event, which may weakened the glass)

exdxgxe4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My 2 cents...

The frunk is definitely shorter. I hated it initially, but it has grown on me. Looks like a warthog as others have said, and it will probably fit in my garage better. Plus I won't have to suck it in as much when walking in front of it.

I'm convinced the wiper was a total afterthought and Elon / Tesla engineers have no way to make it optimal given there's no room between the hood and the windshield. That control housing is going to have to be pretty beefy to handle that thing at full speed. In the winter, I HIGHLY doubt that one arm will have enough power to move heavy snow. The best solution I guess is to use your Tesla app and warm it up to have the snow already melted before you drive away.

I also noticed this:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] CT

Kind of looked pinched on the drivers side.

I think the ceiling height is the same, and not lowered suspension as others have said. I think the now curved glass windshield slopes it back, as opposed to the first cybertruck we all saw that had a flat windshield and seemed to go on for miles.

I just hope that the price hasn't gone up significantly. Elon has not given me much historical data for me to believe he'll keep his word on the original pricing.

AND I hope that it has a mid gate. Full cabin access camping! Hell yea!

Let's hope we get all of our questions answered on the earnings call!

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I'm not an engineer so don't get all offended but now that i look at it i have to wonder how this could be an exo skeleton? Wouldn't the body have to wrap all the way around like an airplane? Once you remove the doors, glass, frunk, and tonneau cover there doesn't seem like enough body panels to be structural. Enlighten me if you have the patience.
The majority of the structural strength and collision strength in modern vehicles comes from the A, B, and C pillars, the windshield (seriously), and whatever "frame" is formed by the body around the bottom. Doors of course help, but they aren't a key part. My Jeeps have always had a warning that collision safety is greatly reduced when you remove the doors.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why?

Ground clearance is good. Aside from that, I almost 100% prefer a lower to the ground vehicle. Better handling, easier to get in and out and load, safer for everyone around you, just better.

You can drive around with the suspension lifted if you want elevation, poor range, and F-150 like cornering.
We shall see when it gets to the interior... top clearance has not been the best for the rear seats of Teslas for tall people ( family of 6'+ individuals)... fingers crossed!