intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Fantastic, at this rate, I'm going to get mine in 2030 .... And I'm 275k in the queue. Accounting for attrition obviously.
I am a couple spots behind you....

I stopped "waiting". Someday I will get an email saying I can place an order, but if that is January 2026, fine. I no longer keep looking out the window thinking today will be the day.

The huge delivery queue is an issue though. Promoting the Cybertruck now is pointless. New Buyers will never get theirs before 2030. They will get frustrated and buy something else. And it won't be a Model Y.

Aldc

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Fed credit union employee
Country flag
We are at about the same place in the queue. We'll pick our CT up when I'll be 85 y o. I wonder if they will release my order when they look at me who could hardly stand by then. 😆 🤣 😂 Seems like my $80K is saved for life. 😆 🤣
😁that is hilarious

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
You need to remember that there is a glut of Cyberbeasts that need to be made and delivered at the end of 2024. If you don't get an invite for FS, then the line starts all over with people wanting the non-FS with possible $7500 rebate. The Cybertruck will take years to satisfy initial demand.
That's probably true, but I look at it a little differently, especially for people that don't already have a reservation. Initial demand is not very relevant to where this is going, what matters is continuing demand for non-Foundation Editions as volumes increase and cost to produce falls. Initial reviews of the Cybertruck, indicate this is a truck that will have growing new demand for years to come, that will likely outstrip the ability of Tesla to meet that demand.

Most people still don't even know what this truck is, or only have a vague idea that it's an odd-looking vehicle that is all about looking different or futuristic. They have no idea about the strong rigid chassis creating more secure driving dynamics, the roomy and airy cabin that comes alive with one of the best sounding OEM stereos on the market, the suspension that can rise or lower to suit conditions, or how the hard unpainted exoskeleton and toughened glass makes it impervious to everyday dings, dents and cracks while also avoiding the unsightly rust so common to painted steel vehicles in the rust belt. Yes, they actually named a region of the country after this problem!

Those who don't make reservations soon, will be waiting a long time.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This business about the BEV market contracting is part fact and part media negativity (which, to me, suggests an agenda). I know many people that would buy a BEV tomorrow if they cost the same or less (not cost of ownership) than a similar ICE car, but some of them cite range, infrastructure, not wanting to support Elon, interest rates, etc. I think the contraction is not really real and will pick up with a bang when, if nothing else, Tesla competitors start selling NACS equipped cars. That is, there is a pent-up demand.
True, the proof that the narrative of BEV weakness is media negativity, is that ICE sales growth is contracting faster than BEV sales growth. In fact, ICE sales growth is negative! It's innacurate to specify that BEV sales growth is slowing, without also mentioning that BEV sales are still growing, while ICE sales are shrinking.

Duh! How the media "missed" this in any rational world is beyond normal comprehension.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Maybe the lot will be empty on Monday as trucks continue to go out over the weekend and starting Monday AM we get a "fresh count" on what they are doing each day.

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Soooooo, if I was dreaming and the production rate was 60/HR 24-7 or 1440/Wk. I am at 750-800,000 in the Q. I’m still looking at probably a 2 year wait. I better order it with the “Self Driving” option to Drive my Old Butt around !!!! I’ll be 73 🤯

T

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
True, the proof that the narrative of BEV weakness is media negativity, is that ICE sales growth is contracting faster than BEV sales growth. In fact, ICE sales growth is negative...
BEVs are at the point where, in the U.S., no one is more than 2 people removed from personally knowing someone who owns one. And the trope, of when one family on the street gets a Tesla there are more Teslas on that same block by the end of the year, is a real thing.

So, no matter what the narrative is or what they try to tell everyone, experiencing a BEV first or second-hand is compelling AF.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
True, the proof that the narrative of BEV weakness is media negativity, is that ICE sales growth is contracting faster than BEV sales growth. In fact, ICE sales growth is negative! It's innacurate to specify that BEV sales growth is slowing, without also mentioning that BEV sales are still growing, while ICE sales are shrinking.

Duh! How the media "missed" this in any rational world is beyond normal comprehension.
I wonder how the media addresses the reality that Tesla has, every year, increase sales about 50% despite the ‘other guys’ reducing sales. If there really was a contracting demand for BEVs Tesla sales would tank as well.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Honestly, 80 per day or 50 per day or 150 per day is sort of meaningless to a queue that is not really a queue.
I was 100,000 by my reservation number, and the people that were 40,000 in front of me got their invites only two weeks before me. I ordered on 1/18 and no vin yet. I have not seen any January ordered vins yet.
I did hear from Dirty Tesla that he knows two people that did not even reserve, they used their 30,000 points to initiate a new order and take delivery in 45 days.
So, calling it a queue, is really is not a good name for what we are dealing with here.

moeali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fantastic, at this rate, I'm going to get mine in 2030 .... And I'm 275k in the queue. Accounting for attrition obviously.
I am number 283422 in line. Would you please calculate my ETA? I will be 72 in June, and am wondersing if I should put my CyberTruck in my will or maybe if I am lucky, I will get mine before I meet my maker!

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
You can also look at the bright side, if you were in Canada like me, you wouldn't even have been able to order one. We'll be lucky if we get anything by the end of 2024.

On a positive note, the truck made an appearance at our local delivery center in Quebec city. In person it's such a great looking vehicle, I cannot wait.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck production rate ~80 units daily (currently as of 2/24/24) IMG_9710.JPG

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, 80 per day or 50 per day or 150 per day is sort of meaningless to a queue that is not really a queue.
The production rate is one of the only things that matters in terms of when we can all take delivery of our own Cybertrucks, in the conglomerate. The fact that there is apparently some randomness in the order does not change that fact.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BEVs are at the point where, in the U.S., no one is more than 2 people removed from personally knowing someone who owns one. And the trope, of when one family on the street gets a Tesla there are more Teslas on that same block by the end of the year, is a real thing.

So, no matter what the narrative is or what they try to tell everyone, experiencing a BEV first or second-hand is compelling AF.
It's like that around here. My Model Y was delivered about 18 months ago (mid Minnesota) and I could drive around all day without seeing another Tesla, would have to go down into the city to see another one. School kids would jump up and down and give me thumbs up at their bus stops. The adults not so much. My neighbor bought a Model 3 about 8 months later. Now I can't leave the house without seeing Teslas pretty much everywhere. It seems like they congregate in small herds at the big box store parking lots. Even had a Rivian guy make a concerted effort to park next to me last week at the curling club. BEVs are definitely on the rise in this (very conservative) rural area.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag

How the media missed it? The media is controlled by money. Big money says we pay you millions of millions of dollars in advertising. Don’t you dare say anything positive about Tesla Cybertruck or Elon Musk
Sponsored