SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Higher profile tires for better absorption of bumps and rough terrain, but the same outside diameter for drive-train gear ratio consistency and speed accuracy. Lower profile tires for stability and better handling in curves mostly used on roads and streets.

These have been common choice variants on trucks and SUVs for the past 40 years or more and are nothing new.

Shouldn't even be a question now either, as it's just a wheel choice being tested. I'm sure something in both types will be offered. I think what's 'ugly' to some are just the covers, and could be replaced with aftermarket ones easily. I bet some of the aftermarket wheels will be sweet also!

For example, I still especially like these CyberHex Wheels:
CyberHexWheels-02.png

- ÆCIII
I don't care for those hex wheels but I agree with everything else you're saying here. I don't drive my truck like a race car. I've always preferred the look of a tire with more sidewall and it makes the off road riding a little more comfortable, at the cost of some tire roll when cornering...so I just drive a little slower...like 5 mph over the posted speed limit.

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why do you feel the need to tell an enthusiastic forum you think you’ll pass? Why not just move on?
Better yet why post to tell us we are fanboys?
Like yeah. We are. Been here sharing our excitement , news and disappointments for 4 years. Would we be anything else?
Not everyone who has been here for 4 years is total fan of the product no matter what. People can just be honest. I want an EV full size truck. I don't really give shit what it looks like, but I do care about it capability and range...with 35" AT tires. Tesla doesn't need nor do I think they are looking for forum members approval.

But to your point, if the fanboys can call out every honest criticism, then the honest critics can call out the fanboys.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Not a fan of the smaller wheel look, or those awful hubcabs, but probably a base/ range friendly option that will be offered.

5Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

1Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

2Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

3Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.40 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.49 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.57 AM.jpg
Let's say these PIRELLI are the 'Road Tyre' option....as indicated on the side wall, l 'ELECT' NOT to select this with the small hubcap. Side wall looks too 'BALLOON' for my liking in this combo!

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Smaller size wheel is actually better for offroad, bump absorbsion and road noise.

Ummm, no.
Mtn bikes have moved from 26" to 27.5" to now 29" tires and they have stayed at 29" for quite a while now. Bigger tires roll easier over the bumps and through the ruts and divots.

Not sure about the road noise...I feel like road noise from tires has more to do with tread and sidewalls...or lack of, then it does the actual tire size.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As haulinass pointed out, the wheels are smaller, but they have a higher sidwall profile tyre, that makes them about the same outside diameter.

I think it looks off, because this is also one of the lowest suspension setting photos we have seen. I think its nearly sirting on its stop limits.

Smaller size wheel is actually better for offroad, bump absorbsion and road noise.
Disregard my previous post...I just reread your post. I think we are saying the same thing.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not everyone who has been here for 4 years is total fan of the product no matter what. People can just be honest. I want an EV full size truck. I don't really give shit what it looks like, but I do care about it capability and range...with 35" AT tires. Tesla doesn't need nor do I think they are looking for forum members approval.

But to your point, if the fanboys can call out every honest criticism, then the honest critics can call out the fanboys.
Legacy Auto has their own T Shirt, caps etc, They have fanboys and girls. But thats ok.

The repeaters who think there is something wrong with being a Tesla fan.....

Are total tools.

Brand racists lol

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This thread is misleading.

The tires are not smaller. They're low-noise high-efficiency road tires.

Seems like what you'd want for sneaking around and highway trips.

But... Not for the winter or offroading, obviously.

I have two sets of tires for my Mazda, though modern tires have made that unnecessary. I'll probably have two sets of wheels for the truck. It's no biggie.

-Crissa

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Ummm, no.
Mtn bikes have moved from 26" to 27.5" to now 29" tires and they have stayed at 29" for quite a while now. Bigger tires roll easier over the bumps and through the ruts and divots.
he said smaller ‘wheels’

not ‘tyres’ (Aussie spelling)

odantheman

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The proportions look very close to what was revealed, just scaled down about 3%. Sure, there are minor deviations, but it didn't change the overall pyramidal design intent.
it changed from the size of an F-250 to now being smaller than an F-150. I’m kind of bummed that its not a massive beast. But I guess its more practical
Sponsored