Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
They were less than a tenth of a second off from the advertised 0-60 on their best attempt, makes me confident the advertised time is achievable.
Agreed.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
LOL the ad I got on that video.

Good info about kitchen fires and using a welding blanket to put them out, and I love that the vehicle fire examples near the end were not EV, but something tells me the ad was picked because of the whole social media EV=fire thing.
Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor 0-60 test runs from TSportline 1705077873941

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Had the same thought but didn't know if they had some insight.
To their credit, however, they tried both methods and then realized stabbing was the answer.
These guys do well edited and short videos. I give them a lot of props by comparison to other vids.

They were less than a tenth of a second off from the advertised 0-60 on their best attempt, makes me confident the advertised time is achievable.
Wonder if the All-Seasons/AS will be better than the ATs they were on. Likely!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm sure Tesla did the acceleration benchmarking with the fastest tire setup. The All-season tires will be considerably lighter, with significantly less rotational inertia which matters a lot of 0-60 times. 35 inch tires have a lot of rotational inertia.

Also, I question the running of 60 psi (vs. the manufacturers recommended 50 psi). Sure, you will get a small amount less rolling resistance, but that doesn't matter much in a 0-60 mph test. More important is the working diameter of the tire, because a larger diameter significantly reduces the amount of torque applied to the road. Airing up the tire is the same effect as running a slightly taller gear.

After testing at 60 psi, they should have aired down to 50 psi and performed another run.
Sponsored