0-60 of ct dual fs vs model x dual

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
For various reasons, including cost, I just ordered the dual ct fs. Wondering what the acceleration will be like completed to model x dual. Officially 2022 x is 4.4s and cybertruck is 4.1s, but then I see other ppl saying that x dual is actually 3.3s.

Anyone have any info or can speculate?

Thanks
Sponsored

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
My previous car was a 5th Gen Camaro SS that had 0-60 around 4.3 seconds stock. That was plenty fast enough for me. If the dual motor CT with range extender can match that it’s good enough, hence why I don’t see value in paying an extra $20k just for faster acceleration on the tri-motor, and as far as I can tell that’s the only advantage of the tri-motor. Same reason we got a regular Model X instead of Plaid. When I was 21 I was way more of a speed demon, but in my 40’s my only requirement is “not slow”, and I suspect the dual motor meets that description

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
Keep in mind 0-60 performance degrades enormously on the Model X after repeated runs…CyberTruck, not so much! 😁
Lol why? Cause it looks cool?

I've had the x for 20k MI and still seems fast enough for me. I had a 2017 model s plaid as a loaner for a bit and sure it was the fastest car I've ever driven, but peeling out from a stop light like a bat out of hell got old after a while. Don't think i need to pay an extra $20k for that party trick.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
and as far as I can tell that’s the only advantage of the tri-motor.
  • AWD Tri/Beast: front locker + torque_vectoring
  • AWD Dual with front & rear lockers

freakyguy666

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 x2, CT x2; PowerWall x4
Country flag
Why when I can just ask you? It doesn't matter that much anyways, already ordered the dual
Why? Because I’m some random guy on the internet and anyone honestly interested in the facts would do their own research. When one is not interested in verifying the facts it reveals laziness in their personality.
That said, the Dual is an excellent choice. But I prefer the addded power & quickness of the Beast. 💪🏼😁

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
Why? Because I’m some random guy on the internet and anyone honestly interested in the facts would do their own research. When one is not interested in verifying the facts it reveals laziness in their personality.
That said, the Dual is an excellent choice. But I prefer the addded power & quickness of the Beast. 💪🏼😁
Haha of course you're right. Tbh I'm having a hard time figuring out where to research ct info. Got some good pointers? Most of the stuff online is mixed in with outdated misinformation.

For example, having a hard time finding how snow worthy the all terrain tires will be.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
MXis 3.8s and no matter how 5s for 0-60kph is plenty fast, especially 0-30mph, much faster than almost any gas car.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Haha of course you're right. Tbh I'm having a hard time figuring out where to research ct info. Got some good pointers? Most of the stuff online is mixed in with outdated misinformation.

For example, having a hard time finding how snow worthy the all terrain tires will be.

if you mean snow as in a little on the road ways thats not frozen, fine.
If you mean for wheeling, bad as they are D rated and only being 2” wider than the wheels means dropping the pressure for floatation is gonna be risky

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
For various reasons, including cost, I just ordered the dual ct fs. Wondering what the acceleration will be like completed to model x dual. Officially 2022 x is 4.4s and cybertruck is 4.1s, but then I see other ppl saying that x dual is actually 3.3s.

Anyone have any info or can speculate?

Thanks
I have a MYLR with Acceleration Boost which brings the 0-60 to 4.2s. It's fast but I am ready for something faster, hoping for the The Beast.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The courteous response would of been to describe why YOU made the acceleration comment in the first place, not use it as an attack vector to tell them they are lazy and shouldn't rely on other posters?

Maybe in this case we should never put any value in what you say here too?

If so by what logic are you still posting here?

Just rude or trolling?

Let me know in the comments....
Sponsored