Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They're just digging through the list of who's going to overpay for the truck.

*shrug*

*sigh*

Whatevs. I'll wait until depreciation hits you guys and the factory is spun up.

And pretty sure you guys with nonrefundables down are going to get it before these guys.

-Crissa

TSLA close on Feb 26 2021: $225.17

TSLA close today: $177.77

Loss on 500 shares: $23700 exactly.
Uhh... Math?

225*500=112500
177*1500=265500

265500>112500

That's up by $153000 or 236%.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bfly

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Acura TL, Accord Coupe, CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They're just digging through the list of who's going to overpay for the truck.

*shrug*

*sigh*

Whatevs. I'll wait until depreciation hits you guys and the factory is spun up.

And pretty sure you guys with nonrefundables down are going to get it before these guys.

-Crissa

Uhh... Math?

225*500=112500
177*1500=265500

265500>112500

That's up by $153000 or 236%.
Pretty sure my quote software takes all past splits etc into account to give a true present day apples to apples value. If the prices above are accurate, then I'm getting a $24k loss also. Maybe I missed something. 😬

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
https://www.tesla.com/early-cybertruck-delivery

Early Cybertruck Delivery for Long-Term TSLA Shareholders

Sign up by Friday, March 22, 2024 11:59 PM CT CDT to take early delivery of a Foundation Series Cybertruck. If confirmed, you will receive an email with additional details prior to the delivery. This program is limited to one reservation per customer and currently available only in the US and Canada.
Eligibility Requirements:
  1. The Cybertruck reservation must be in the participant’s name and have been made prior to March 1st, 2024;
  2. The participant has not yet taken delivery of a Cybertruck;
  3. Each participant must provide brokerage statements showing that you owned TSLA shares on Feb. 28, 2021 and owned at least 500 TSLA shares on Feb. 29, 2024;
  4. The brokerage statements for Feb. 29, 2024 must show that you owned at least 50% of the TSLA shares that you owned on Feb. 28, 2021; and
  5. Brokerage statements proving shareholdings must clearly show first/last name, statement date, and Tesla shares. All other information may be redacted.

Maybe I'll get a VIN now. Just signed up.

Lunars_X

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I meet everything except the " 500 TSLA shares on Feb. 29, 2024". ugh.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I meet everything except the " 500 TSLA shares on Feb. 29, 2024". ugh.
I didn't see that part. "... and owned at least 500 TSLA shares on Feb. 29, 2024" Guess I do not qualify with my poultry 70 shares huh?

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Next.... Calling all Dwarfs with a reservation made before last week! Anybody who's a Dwarf can come to the front of the line and get a Cybertruck before anybody else too..... what will they think of next to F-Me over some more? Next....Who's got some Twitter stock? OK, you guys come up to the front too. This crap's getting ridiculous!

Last edited:

Lunars_X

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I ordered on 2/1/2020. The Cybertruck was priced, with FSD, $4k less than the Model Y at that time. Now that the pricing is much higher, I'm willing to wait for my measly non-foundation series dual motor. But those than can afford it and meet the new criteria, will move up the line. Now I wonder if my reservation will even come up next year. If 2024 production is already accounted for, what does that say for 2025.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
I ordered on 2/1/2020. The Cybertruck was priced, with FSD, $4k less than the Model Y at that time. Now that the pricing is much higher, I'm willing to wait for my measly non-foundation series dual motor. But those than can afford it and meet the new criteria, will move up the line. Now I wonder if my reservation will even come up next year. If 2024 production is already accounted for, what does that say for 2025.
They will just keep letting more and more people jump the line, to the very front, for various stupid reasons that they have not even thought of yet. Knowing there is no orderly line is really pissing me off. I was OK with the Employees first, then I was OK with VIPs like Jay Leno, then I at least understood some of the early influencers, for advertising purposes, but now this crap is getting deep.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
As someone who is waiting for the non-FS AWD, I like this move as it signals that we are near the end game of the final FS offerings. After the shareholder tranche does their thing and the ordering goes quiet, there will either be a final "okay, now anyone else with a reservation who still wants a Foundation Series can order," or it will roll to regular non-FS orders.
I feel for those who look to be "next in the queue" based on RN, but I think this looks like A) they are ramping up CT output and B) they are wrapping up FS offerings. (Maybe they'll still sprinkle in some more RN1129 folks?) But it seems we will see non-FS orders occur later this year, possibly soon.
Someone earlier made the airplane boarding call analogy. I believe this is either, "And Finally, everyone in Boarding Groups Y and Z can come forward," or it is "Boarding Groups U,V,W and X can now board," to soon be followed with "Now Y and Z can board as well as anyone else who has not yet boarded the FS Plane." Either way, I think this signals that us non-FS, steerage class commoners should start getting our chance relatively soon! 🤞🏼

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
“True Tesla supporters?”CTFS buyers aren’t? You mean people who purchase stock with the click of a button vs people showing loyalty after 4 years of waiting dropping 100-120k on the CT? GTFO
$100 for 4 years is nothing….. get to the back of the line

Can we stop acting like any of us are going to cancel our Reservation or not take delivery?

We will do whatever Tesla says and take delivery, simple as that.

If they say it’s $100k+ from now on then so be it. It’s the greatest Truck on earth and we will wait…

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Next up: If you have spent $150K on Tesla vehicles (excluding Semi) purchased from Tesla between 2/28/2021 and 2/29/2024 we have a Cybertruck for you!

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
Seems like a sign that Tesla is running out of non patient people willing to buy the Beta Series truck for extra $25K

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Seems like a sign that Tesla is running out of non patient people willing to buy the Beta Series truck for extra $25K
Nah. They haven't gone into day 2 reservations yet offering foundation series. They could go all of the way down the list if they were running out of people to spend the upcharge.
Sponsored