How much HP do you think the top tier CT will have and what configuration?

How much HP do you think the top tier CT will have and what configuration?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Well, if the Quad version is the first CT model, it will create quite a stir and quell many early reservation holders due to a much higher price point. I suppose it's a good way to slow demand until production ramps up, but I think that is a flawed strategy. Pissing customers off is never a good business move. Just ask RJ Scaringe.
If there is a quad-motored variant.

I've heard that the same 3 configurations will be offered, and to get the insane speed he was wanting when he tweeted about the quad motor, they have (now that the engineering is finalized nearly a year after the tweet in mention) settled on the original 3 motor design using 2 plaid motors in the rear and legacy front motor from the original design used in other vehicles as well.

This is what I've heard, from presumed reliable sources. They are saying it's going to be 1500 HP and maybe a tick over that :)

But, rumors and speculation aside.
2 motors up front look to be an awfully tight fit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Capability and specific features might be different.
What I'm saying, is they are getting the "capability" he wanted, 1500+ hp, with 2x plaid motors in the rear and a 3rd legacy unit up front.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Does anybody want to change their vote? ;)

1669981125698.png
Absolutely not. The semi drive axles do not steer at all nor will they be indirect drive with full floating axles. If one motor fits, that guarantees that two fit in terms of height. If both sets of tires steer, the width is also not an issue. Also there will not be a brake booster on the cybertruck. It will utilize the new bosch system that does not require vacuum or fluid. If it indeed has a yoke it will also not have steering linkages to package either. The frunk aint gonna fit golf bags like the Lightning either. There is space and Elon doesn’t want to be outdone by RJ

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Absolutely not. The semi drive axles do not steer at all nor will they be indirect drive with full floating axles. If one motor fits, that guarantees that two fit in terms of height. If both sets of tires steer, the width is also not an issue. Also there will not be a brake booster on the cybertruck. It will utilize the new bosch system that does not require vacuum or fluid. If it indeed has a yoke it will also not have steering linkages to package either. The frunk aint gonna fit golf bags like the Lightning either. There is space and Elon doesn’t want to be outdone by RJ
Suit yourself.
The original design for the CT layout was a tri-motor, Elon said there might be a quad motor plaid edition once or twice, I think even on the JRE, but he says and tweets a lot of stuff.

The CT, added rear-wheel steering to make it easier to park.

I have heard, from more than one person working at GigaTexas, that the Cybertruck will have 2 plaid motors in the rear and a legacy unit in the front making 1500 HP in top spec.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Plaid motors only come in pairs, that we know of. Anyhow, the same reason the single-motor is probably in the distance is the same reason the tri motor is: It's not the most optimal choice when the quad and dual are involved.

I said this last night, and I'll say it again: It probably won't show if at all until deliveries are in the millions.

-Crissa