Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Seeing situations like this causes my blood to boil. While it could be described as a "first world problem", the ignorance/arrogance of these people is beyond comprehension.
That isn't an occasional ICEing, it had to be an open protest. Call the police. If they do not come, in my heart I say slash the tires or smash the windows of all of those cars. Sadly I am too much of a pussy to actually do anything but scream and whine but that is how I feel about it.
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would like sharp spikes that protrude from holes and then retract if a Tesla is backing into the stall or if they could be retracted with the Tesla app. Once the charging session is complete and the Tesla or EV leaves, then the spikes rise back up.

We shouldn't have to implement things like this though, as it would be costly and complex. So more realistically I think they should just put up the signs and then enforce them by towing violators out of the stalls and charge them fees accordingly.

I so miss watching new videos from GTOgre...

- ÆCIII

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seeing situations like this causes my blood to boil. While it could be described as a "first world problem", the ignorance/arrogance of these people is beyond comprehension.
Kind of inevitable when you commingle parking with charging. If the charging stalls are more convenient than parking or the lot is full, people will use the charging spaces to park.

From the sound of it this was an opening event and quite busy.

Don’t put chargers in the best parking spaces or in lots where parking capacity is low.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I look forward to a YouTube video of CT hitch put in good use when ICEing is done purely out of rudeness and spite. Not sure if that was the case here.
Tesla Cybertruck ICE-ing Superchargers 1689102742976

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Revenge:
Tesla Cybertruck ICE-ing Superchargers 1689103341650

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The Great Smokey Mountain's Chapter of Electric Vehicles (TM) needs to stage a Bucc ee's version, of all 120 gas pumps :ROFLMAO:

THAT would be wonderful
You definitely want a bullet proof truck if a civil juicing war starts.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Joking aside are there anything cooking at state or federal level that can be enforced by police at some point in future? Leaving it to people’s sense of decency can only lead to violence somewhere.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Kind of inevitable when you commingle parking with charging. If the charging stalls are more convenient than parking or the lot is full, people will use the charging spaces to park.

From the sound of it this was an opening event and quite busy.

Don’t put chargers in the best parking spaces or in lots where parking capacity is low.
Or just fire the mall security for not calling the tow truck. Or better, install electronically-activated bollards that block the car from leaving with a phone number ‘they’ can call to get out which goes to the tow company.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Or just fire the mall security for not calling the tow truck. Or better, install electronically-activated bollards that block the car from leaving with a phone number ‘they’ can call to get out which goes to the tow company.
The top picture is at a Bucees. They call the people parked in the Supercharger “customers” and very few businesses want to tow customers vehicles, it cuts down on repeat visits.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The top picture is at a Bucees. They call the people parked in the Supercharger “customers” and very few businesses want to tow customers vehicles, it cuts down on repeat visits.

We don't allow non-handicapped "customers" to park in certain spots. If EVs parked at gas pumps while EV customer was shopping in store for 30 minutes I bet the EV customer would get hassled if not towed.

In many locations, EVs left at fast charger passed actual charge process get billed for excess time at charger but ICE should be allowed to block chargers without consequence?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was thinking about this the other day while listening to the recorded announcements at the Pilot in Dunnigan... constantly reminding people not to leave their trucks blocking the fueling stalls.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Joking aside are there anything cocking at state or federal level that can be enforced by police at some point in future? Leaving it to people’s sense of decency can only lead to violence somewhere.
Most states allow private land owners police their own parking, allowing towing; some allow fines as well. A few states have parking laws for blocking EV stalls (and fuel stalls).

https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/

-Crissa
Sponsored