If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I am expecting 20% hit across the board. But they'll soften the blow with some dope feature that weren't touted in the unveil(roll down back glass, maybe mid gate, draining frunk). Cheap gimmicks..
Sponsored

Clustertruck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models X, 3, and X, Roadster and Cybertruck res.
Country flag
probably not. let Tesla build a few premium priced for a year or two, work out the worst of the bugs, add the important missing functionality.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am expecting 20% hit across the board. But they'll soften the blow with some dope feature that weren't touted in the unveil(roll down back glass, maybe mid gate, draining frunk). Cheap gimmicks..
They already added 4 wheel steering.

There are a lot of levers they could pull.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So the big thing I am curious about is youā€™re not in US. Apparently theyā€™re not shopping this truck internationally? Idk how this works but there isnā€™t really a ā€œlineā€ either. Itā€™s by distance from Texas Iā€™ve heard others say, not order number. For my own selfish gain, I wonder if youā€™re actually gonna get a CT by 2026 because theyā€™re potentially not legal for Australia? That was more specifically the question.
Ahhh Ok

Yes they have it on the AU Tesla website, and that's where I ordered it from. They asked for AU $150 as deposit.

I don't see any reason whatsoever why it would not be legal in Australia. Besides, If its legality was a constraint, I doubt they would be collecting deposits.

There was a FUD article or two in the early days saying it won't be legal, and Tesla aren't going to deliver Down Under. Both statements, total crappola.

If we can learn from the past. Yes, delays internationally, but Tesla still trickled vehicles all over the world. They set up charging stations (even just 1) in major cities.

Tesla as a business wants to maintain presence, and not fully give a territory to its competitors. IMO, it is balancing that as efficiently as it can to keep orders within reach. This is their fundamental priority... The money spent on transport is not important compared to neglecting a market.

I am fully confident AU is a place where CT will thrive, Tesla will want to service this market. Hence, why I think AU will receive whichever model they produce first.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I
Ahhh Ok

Yes they have it on the AU Tesla website, and that's where I ordered it from. They asked for AU $150 as deposit.

I don't see any reason whatsoever why it would not be legal in Australia. Besides, If its legality was a constraint, I doubt they would be collecting deposits.

There was a FUD article or two in the early days saying it won't be legal, and Tesla aren't going to deliver Down Under. Both statements, total crappola.

If we can learn from the past. Yes, delays internationally, but Tesla still trickled vehicles all over the world. They set up charging stations (even just 1) in major cities.

Tesla as a business wants to maintain presence, and not fully give a territory to its competitors. IMO, it is balancing that as efficiently as it can to keep orders within reach. This is their fundamental priority... The money spent on transport is not important compared to neglecting a market.

I am fully confident AU is a place where CT will thrive, Tesla will want to service this market. Hence, why I think AU will receive whichever model they produce first.
think I may be confusing yā€™all with UK where elon has said itā€™s far too large for their roads. I thought he said something about this being designed for US buyers but I am smoking literal crack. As you were, excited and all šŸ”„šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the Quad Motor Cybertruck is going to be a premium BEV pickup with a premium Tesla price tag To match.

I think the ATP is going to be well over $100k as most Cybertruck first adopters will not be purchasing a base model with zero options. They will be loaded with FSD, tow package, large battery pack, white interior, Cyberquad ATV, wheels, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in? 1AFB9E84-DDD8-411D-B055-173C0CD4CB73

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla should honor reveal pricing for those buyers who reserved a Cybertruck within the first 24 hours:)
Sadly most of the people that reserved in the first 24 hours are not the target audience for the CT. I ordered on the 3rd day because I wasnā€™t dialed into the CT all along and I am definitely a Tesla fan. The target audience is non fans. So the price has to be honored very closely and Iā€™d venture a guess that it would need to be honored for as long as they were taking reservations with pricing.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
69k was for the tri motor. obviously the quad will cost more. and idk what the fuss is about tesla not including the connector anymore. ive had a model 3 for 3 years and havent used it once. everyone in my family (3 people) has teslas too and theyve never used it either. spend the $500 on a wall connector and use supercharging on the road if needed.
Not ā€˜obviousā€™ at all, and everyone I know has used the cable.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Many early Cybertruck reservation holders are ā€œflippersā€ who hope to make a significant profit by marketing to the ā€œmust have it nowā€ buyers on eBay Motors, BAT, Cars and Bids, etc.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Many early Cybertruck reservation holders are ā€œflippersā€ who hope to make a significant profit by marketing to the ā€œmust have it nowā€ buyers on eBay Motors, BAT, Cars and Bids, etc.
Could you imagine Tesla embargoing BAT and Motors against people selling Cybertrucks? Like ā€œwe will sue you if you facilitate the price gouging sales tacticā€. Itā€™s not about winning. Itā€™s about Tesla being as large as they are and protecting their user experience

idk. Just a thought..

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Not ā€˜obviousā€™ at all, and everyone I know has used the cable.
you're right. if the tri motor cost 69k, tesla will definitely sell a quad motor variant for less than that................

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Iā€™d bet my spot in line the quad has high 300ā€™s for mileage. We are being rumored of lower range mode Y, not longer. Other Plaid models have lower ranges too. If itā€™s 89k - itā€™s gonna be like 370-390 miles Iā€™d bet.
What place in line are you? I am 252xxx for a CT2 according to the spreadsheet.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Of course Iā€™m in!! I understand people bailing due to price hike but to those complaining about price hike, did you really expect a price given three years ago to be maintained? Even under normal economic growthā€¦ ainā€™t gonna happen.
Sponsored