If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

Laszlo

First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Ridgeline, 2017 Nissan Qashqai
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
This is my fear. I’m in for a CT2, and in Canada we pay something we begrudgingly call Canada tax. Everything we get up here we pay a bit more for not including currency exchange of course. I fear the truck will be out of my comfort zone for a truck once I get mine.
Don't forget about the Federal Luxury Tax that was imposed at the start of this year.
10% Levy at $100,000 + 20% Levy for any amount above $100,00.01.

Meaning that a $135,000 CT would have an added Luxury Tax of $17,000 CAD ($10,000 + $7,000) (in addition to HST/GST, delivery, etc...).

Unless something has changed or a workaround has been established, I'm surprised no one who would be impacted hasn't been speaking out against this.
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Wrong...it's about 12.5% cumulative since 2019. https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2019?amount=1
Do you know if any amount of expected inflation was built into the CT pricing? If so, how much?

Does it? Says who? By how much? Why?

You're saying the Quad motor CT will be how much exactly? Care to take a guess?

Oh my God. No doubt you are right! You should tweet Elon today about how his plans are so wrong and how he doesn't understand how to save money in production costs. He'll probably hire you immediately for bringing this information to his attention.

From your previous Model S Plaid statement, it sounds like you'd be surprised if it was under $130k.

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will be hoping for a dual for 70k and not more than that, with FSD of course. When you are poor you are poor, what can you do!! Just drop out! I am hoping they do build a dual for that price and don't get drop like the single. Waiting time is not an issue if I can get the dual for that price.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Cybertruck TriMotor AWD Full Self-drive reservation
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
Yes, I’d be “in”. I would like a front winch, tow package & midgate (because I have large dogs that should not be jumping in or out of cars- joint issues) but it ultimately comes down to the mileage, technology included and build quality. Yes, I know the Tesla reputation for questionable build quality. This vehicle will have front and rear castings plus an origami folded, stainless steel exoskeleton, i.e., the physics of marrying these parts together will necessitate very tight tolerances. I’m looking forward to the 4th quarter, ‘22, production proofs of concept. That will help me make my ultimate decision.

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
I hope so. Lately tesla has been pocketing the profit from Their increase in production, which is sad to see when they sold themselves as aiming to make EVs the most affordable option.
So they are collecting the money required to pay for the parts/materials based on when they think the vehicle will be made. Just like gas at a gas station. The price at the pump is based on how much the price of the next delivery will be.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hybrids are the worst of both worlds.
as a previous owner of 3 hybrids I have to agree. It has complexity and maintenance of 2 systems! Fortunately the Toyota version are very reliable but still had to change oil and horrible driving experience. Once you go Tesla, you can’t go back!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cool, thanks for being so knowledgeable about my finances!
Sorry, we were talking about the top trim model, weren't we? You'd have the option of choosing a lower tier. Someone who was reaching for the lower tier has less leeway. Most of their budget is necessities. Hence, they can afford less tax.

Perhaps they put the point of the tax and the rebate too low to transition the fleet, but that's a separate issue.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Similar to how anyone buying a Tesla can afford to pay for a charger too. LOL

BMBoyer

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, CyberTruck on order, Ford Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Still in, up to $120K for a quad Plaid w 500+ un-laden range, might even go higher.

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Paid $110k for an S in 2013, so it’s replacement the Cybertruck will be worth it at 100….

Poorboy1957

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This question is mainly for $69,990 Tri Motor reservation holders.

Hypothetical question here. Some industry experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 + $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

Tri Motor reservation holders, are you still in?

A6DDD926-3452-4B27-B42D-F3DBD8878233.jpeg
Yes…..

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
I'm one of those multiple Single motor guys hoping to build a robotaxi fleet and finance it thru robotaxi income. But now I guess it could be 3 plus years before the single motor rolls off the line. Financially it made sense if the CT was 40K and I could make $100 a day renting or on the robotaxi network. A $90,000 car loan at .99% ( a deal in town today)would have a monthly payments starting at $1,600. That should be doable at $53 a day for 5 years. Now, can I find a bank that will realize the CT is a great appreciating asset and give me a loan for the 13 CTs I have on order! Or at least get the loan for the first one and prove the business success and scalability. Home depot rents a F-250 flat bed for 129 a day ($3600 a month). What do You guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited: