Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
If the goal, as most advertising is, is to get in front of as many people in your highest density target demographics, it would be not the most effective to send one or two to SCs in every state.
You said 5 to each of 64 service centers would only cover 8 states. I say 5 to each of 64 SCs still, but send to at least one SC in each of the 50 states. and maybe send some to Canada. why concentrate them to a few states when you can spread them out so they are seen everywhere and you can brag that they are already available in every stateon day one, which is something none of the competitors can claim.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
100% this ^^^ A $79k price for a tri/quad motor with over 400 miles of range = IMO a very compelling proposition. Over 450 is awesome. ~350 is meh.
Given how fast charging happens these days, I think 350 miles is a solid offering. More is always merrier, if you're willing to pay for the bigger battery and dont mind the additional weight, but my Model 3 has never been able to go that far and it still seems like it can just drive and drive and drive. When I do need to stop for a quick charge, I'm ready to have a breather and that's all the longer the charge takes. Most motorists go months without driving 350 miles in one day.

I decided early on I wanted a lighter Cybertruck with less range, and a heavier one with the biggest battery for exploring rural backroads south of the Canadian Border, a strip with low population density and low Supercharger density. The amount of range you need really depends upon the density of the Supercharger Network. In the future I expect 200-mile EV's to gain popularity due to their lower cost.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Reservation Holder
Country flag
Send one to Michigan, I'll strap an F-150 to the back and pull it everywhere I go.

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
This info is almost entirely inaccurate
If you're correct, we're going to see another wave of public whiplash, and renewed calls for Tesla to restore its PR department.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You said 5 to each of 64 service centers would only cover 8 states. I say 5 to each of 64 SCs still, but send to at least one SC in each of the 50 states. and maybe send some to Canada. why concentrate them to a few states when you can spread them out so they are seen everywhere and you can brag that they are already available in every stateon day one, which is something none of the competitors can claim.
Delivering to service centers in Rhode Island and North Dakota makes for a few happy customers, but does very little for advertising and getting eyeballs (either real or virtual) on the vehicle. Not all markets are created equal unfortunately.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Given how fast charging happens these days, I think 350 miles is a solid offering. More is always merrier, if you're willing to pay for the bigger battery and dont mind the additional weight, but my Model 3 has never been able to go that far and it still seems like it can just drive and drive and drive. When I do need to stop for a quick charge, I'm ready to have a breather and that's all the longer the charge takes. Most motorists go months without driving 350 miles in one day.

I decided early on I wanted a lighter Cybertruck with less range, and a heavier one with the biggest battery for exploring rural backroads south of the Canadian Border, a strip with low population density and low Supercharger density. The amount of range you need really depends upon the density of the Supercharger Network. In the future I expect 200-mile EV's to gain popularity due to their lower cost.
It's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't scenarios. If they make a 500 mile truck they will have fewer battery packs and won't make as many trucks. If they make the top range 300 miles people will complain about towing and that Elon said it's disappointing when other car companies come out with an awesome concept that is nothing like the production model. Don't want to be called a hypocrite.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
If they are all the same high-end configuration and their price will be mid to high 70s, I think that's a pretty reasonable price bump, as the high-end version was expected to be priced $69k

Easyejl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi Q4 e-tron,2017 WRX STI, 2003 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Software development
Country flag
Mid to high 70s, original planned tri-motor 500 mile range price was $69.9k. I am expecting this configuration would be $79k now to be eligible for tax credit. But I guess the range won't hit 500 miles.

If it is dual motor 300 mile config, then the price is much higher than original $50k price.
this is my concern. if the 75k price is for loaded tri motors, or for dual with FSD @ 15k or whatever the heck it is now I'm still ok. if its 75 for a dual without fsd, I probably won't be taking delivery when my number comes up.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If you're correct, we're going to see another wave of public whiplash, and renewed calls for Tesla to restore its PR department.
to be fair to Tesla, an anonymous rando on xwitter posted a long-format “trust me” hopium

the hopium blinding folks to the ridiculousness of the contents

PR department isn’t fixing all that. That’s on people.

What do u know?
that nearly everything in that anonymous “trust me” post is wrong enough to ignore it in its entirety

some slow breathing people would see through it (well, people here - not people on xwitter)

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
This would also be a throwback to how Ford introduced the Mustang... All the dealers had them but kept them covered until unveil day.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
to be fair to Tesla, an anonymous rando on xwitter posted a long-format “trust me” hopium

the hopium blinding folks to the ridiculousness of the contents

PR department isn’t fixing all that. That’s on people.

that nearly everything in that anonymous “trust me” post is wrong enough to ignore it in its entirety

some slow breathing people would see through it (well, people here - not people on xwitter)
Lol I mean, probably. But the way you wrote it says I have some insider deets myself and know for sure that he's wrong. You holding out on us?
Sponsored