Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Truck gets lonely parked on street all day, sees me approaching from across the street and in it's excitement forgets to look both ways before popping the doors open to welcome me back. Just as a taxi careens down the street and gets clotheslined by the CT.
Maybe it is a near-field fob you keep with you or NFC on your phone and only opens the door at a set distance which is the cheapest option. If you were across the street, then that would assume the CT has 2 cameras one for each side of the car. I don't think this type of config is likely due to expense. And if the cameras could detect distance then the cameras would need to be binocular config and not monocular, again adding much more costs
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe it is a near-field fob you keep with you and only opens the door at a set distance which is the cheapest option. If you were across the street, then that would assume the CT has 2 cameras one for each side of the car. I don't think this type of config is likely due to expense. And if the cameras could detect distance then the cameras would need to be binocular config and not monocular, again adding much more costs
I'm clearly joking ?

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
kiss it up: Don't need a door either. Can crawl in the window.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just in from Elon:

In end, we kept production design almost exactly same as show car. Just some small tweaks here & there to make it slightly better. No door handles. Car recognizes you & opens door. Having all four wheels steer is amazing for nimble handling & tight turns!

Is the 4 wheel steering to be an option or standard equipment. There goes my base price of $39k for the single motor?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
SS body versus the jaws of life. I assume the jaws win. Alon glass versus the window break tool. Not sure which one wins.

On the glass front I’m hoping the glass thwarts the small window break tools that anyone can carry around in a pocket. Would hate to start seeing broken windows from vandalism.
people seem to think the glass is unbreakable- it isn't - its harder to break.

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
This friend of mine borrowed an old truck from his girlfriend, in which the outer door button didn't work on the driver's side.

He was picking up an old stove at the dump, but first had to get the stove out of the huge dumpster. Too heavy to lift, so he tied a rope to the stove and the hitch, and put the truck in drive to tighten up the rope, then got out to help unhook the stove from the lip of the dumpster.

The rope broke, the truck took off, and he went running after it trying to try and get his hand in the window before it hit the woman in the shack who worked there. Missed her, and stalled on a hill. So much for not having a door handle that works that day.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
LOL for the last time. If you're unconscious in an accident, rescuers will likely bust out your window just to save time.
yeah, you’ll be fine. As long as they have a 2” steel ball! ??

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is the 4 wheel steering to be an option or standard equipment. There goes my base price of $39k for the single motor?
Seems pretty unlikely they will chance the prices at this point. If they were going to, they'd have increased the price for current pre-orders on the site by now.

Jeepslaave

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The reason for no doorhandles is because when you punch through metal During production it causes a distortion and because of the thickness of the stainless steel having no doorhandles is the only option.

Jeepslaave

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The reason for no doorhandles is because when you punch through metal During production it causes a distortion and because of the thickness of the stainless steel having no doorhandles is the only option.
At this time I believe there are seven vehicles in production with no doorhandles the Ford Mach E being one of them

Jeepslaave

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Seems pretty unlikely they will chance the prices at this point. If they were going to, they'd have increased the price for current pre-orders on the site by now.
Typically Tesla would honor the price that was stated when you made your deposit you may see a price increase on their website for future orders however

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Probably. The door handles could go in the B an C pillars otherwise.
Sponsored