Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wellness Coach
Country flag
No valid basis not to have HUD with all the data a driver will be able to use. In terms of user experience and GUI, that would score highest on a test group IMO

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No valid basis not to have HUD with all the data a driver will be able to use. In terms of user experience and GUI, that would score highest on a test group IMO
The “valid basis” is that Tesla prioritizes minimalism of aesthetic as well as minimalism of parts. If you have one big central display that can show you everything through software, why have a second, redundant, display 16” away.

you provide one answer in your response, RE UI preferences

but now it’s a matter of a decision based on cost/benefit. Tesla may not agree with the UI point, or at least how much of a preference it is at end of the day. And balanced against their preference for aesthetic/parts minimalism, the balance for Tesla came out this way not that

which isn’t to say I care or agree with either view, but to say that these are “valid” bases all around

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No stalks for you! ...
I know it’s something that divides people who drive Teslas. And I personally don’t have experience with both long enough to know where I’d land, and can see both sides of the divide

hopefully I get a chance to find out :ROFLMAO:

DaveDUtah

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster,Prius,Odyssey,Corolla. ~CyberTrk,Aptera.
Country flag
That center console is pretty lame. Also no screen in front of the driver and still sticking with the yoke. I'm less enthused at this point. Waiting to see if every revelation continues to go in that direction. That ridiculous windshield wiper, too. Glad my reservation is not in the first 100k of production so I don't have to decide for a while...

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I know it’s something that divides people who drive Teslas. And I personally don’t have experience with both long enough to know where I’d land, and can see both sides of the divide

hopefully I get a chance to find out :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I've been driving a loaner car for over a month waiting for Tesla to repair my Model Y. I keep turning on the windshield wipers trying to shift. Maybe buttons will cure that. :)

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I agreed

For $80K+ you kinda of what a quality interior like an Audi. Or at least a Ford Lightning Lariat.
There is no way they can charge more than 80k for a vehicle with that interior. I'm thinking it's going to be very close to the original prices which makes me happy. I don't need a bedazzled interior adorned with cattle horns, dinosaurs, snakes, skulls etc., just ventilated seats.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
This looks like a... $39,000 interior.
If Im going to pay 90+ for a vehicle. I expect that interior to almost make love to me every time I sit in it. Not give me the cold shoulder look after a bad date feeling. Common guys fix it.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
If Im going to pay 90+ for a vehicle. I expect that interior to almost make love to me every time I sit in it. Not give me the cold shoulder look after a bad date feeling. Common guys fix it.
Rumor has it there will be a Fleshlight option from factory . . .

SPRailroadFan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul
Occupation
Quality Assurance Professional
Country flag
Yeah it seems like this is a midsize truck interior. This is gonna be more like a 4 adults and 1 tiny child.
Sadly its not gonna be fleetable for me
I still want one for myself but I gotta he honest im less excited about it after seeing this
Don't make that decision until you sit in it yourself.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
ya know the more I look at this picture the more i like that lopsided semi yoke wheel in it... that is going to make the leg room MUCH nicer from having a flat bottom and of course the view down the hood is clearer as you aren't playing dodge the top part of the steering wheel.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
This shows the interior of the Cybertruck that was on display during the recent shareholder day at giga texas.

IMG_1173.jpeg
Ya know the more I look at that pseudo yoke steering wheel the more I like it.. no bumping my thigh on the bottom and a clean view over the top.. but i still have a top and bottom grip points...
Sponsored